MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

It is very possible that this has changed because they've made so many tweaks, but our experience has been that once you scan that hypothetical 10:35 FP in, it lets you book another one even if you haven't hit 10:50. The 30 minute minimum disappears once you use the FP.

Again, that may no longer be accurate, but it could be a possibility.
This was our experience as well. As soon as we scanned we could pull another one right away.

Can you choose which time you want the fastass for like you can with the WDW app or do you have to take the time that they are currently distributing fast passes for?
No, MP functions much like legacy FP at WDW where the FP window starts in the morning and then just moves throughout the day.

There are some key differences, however. Among them is that you can cancel your FP and then get a FP for something else. And because folks do cancel, it can open FP slots earlier than the moving window which you can then book.

:wizard:

No, MP functions much like legacy FP at WDW where the FP window starts in the morning and then just moves throughout the day.

There are some key differences, however. Among them is that you can cancel your FP and then get a FP for something else. And because folks do cancel, it can open FP slots earlier than the moving window which you can then book.

That's good to know that I can keep checking for cancellations. Thanks!

That's good to know that I can keep checking for cancellations. Thanks!

As a "WDW Person" (I don't get to DL as much as I'd like, unfortunately), I can attest that the "refresh method," i.e., checking for cancellations, more often than not yields some really good FPP options. For example, the line at HM could be 45 minutes, but checking for a FPP might show one available, after refreshing the screen several times, in the next 10 minutes. We tested this at MK one day, where we started around 1PM, and by 4PM had done 14 major rides, just going from attraction to attraction, pulling the next FPP as soon as the current one was scanned. We also took advantage of the five-minutes-before window allowance. Only physical exhaustion made us stop, and by that time we'd proven our point.

As a "WDW Person" (I don't get to DL as much as I'd like, unfortunately), I can attest that the "refresh method," i.e., checking for cancellations, more often than not yields some really good FPP options. For example, the line at HM could be 45 minutes, but checking for a FPP might show one available, after refreshing the screen several times, in the next 10 minutes. We tested this at MK one day, where we started around 1PM, and by 4PM had done 14 major rides, just going from attraction to attraction, pulling the next FPP as soon as the current one was scanned. We also took advantage of the five-minutes-before window allowance. Only physical exhaustion made us stop, and by that time we'd proven our point.

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if you can get fastpasses for DCA while in DL? We have park hoppers so we can go bakd and forth. Or do you need to be in that actual park to book a fastpass for it?

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if you can get fastpasses for DCA while in DL? We have park hoppers so we can go bakd and forth. Or do you need to be in that actual park to book a fastpass for it?

You can pull fastpasses for DCA while in DL, or even from your hotel room (if you go back during the day) once you've already checked into the park.

This is great news. I've been debating with myself whether the maxpass is worh it, and it's starting to sound like it definitely is.

I don't know how long your trip is/how many people in your party, but i'd definitely do it for at least one day and see whether or not you like it. I absolutely loved it when we tried it out about a month ago.

Used Maxpass in May, and it was awesome (would've been better without the $10 per day price). But once we'd scanned a FP into a ride, I was able to book FPs for the next ride while we were walking through the queue!

Hi everyone- just to make sure I have this right our family of 4 (1 adult and 3 teenagers) should each download the app on their own phone and we each individually get our FP? Or can I manage them all on my phone? There will be times that they will be at the park without me so I'm guessing they each get their own account?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi everyone- just to make sure I have this right our family of 4 (1 adult and 3 teenagers) should each download the app on their own phone and we each individually get our FP? Or can I manage them all on my phone? There will be times that they will be at the park without me so I'm guessing they each get their own account?

Thank you!
You can manage them all on your phone. But they can all be on your DH phone at the same time. Kid can just have theirs. Flexible.

So we can all use the same account but have it on different phones to scan in? Or they can all be scanned in from one phone if it is the same fastpass for everyone?

This is the issue for families.
MaxPass is $10 per ticket per day.

It can add up fast when a family is going for multiple days.

When I go I generally take anywhere from two to five grandkids with me for a min of 4 days in the parks.

One thing some families are doing with MP, is buying it for one ticket to get the PhotoPass for the day that is included. $10 just for the photos makes it nice!
I haven't been following MP stuff much. What do you get with Photopass for that $10 a day, exactly?
MaxPass is $10 per ticket. Check this link out for MP info. Scroll down to #3 for PhotoPass details.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/08/five-things-you-might-not-know-about-disney-maxpass/

Sorry it took so long to answer....

Geemo

Everyone in your party's can have their own account and app but it's not necessary. Unfortunately and unlike WDW, you have to scan each ticket into everyone's app for each account if you want to grant access to the full party on each. At WDW you can scan your tickets and then link everyone.

And yes you can refresh away! I love that feature at WDW and it works the same in DL. I was even able to get a FP for Radiator Springs Racers at 2pm with a 3pm return time, even after FP was sold out. Also note that the only people who have access to these cancelled FPs are others with MaxPass. Once passes "sell out" for the day, paper tickets are done and out of luck.

Everyone in your party's can have their own account and app but it's not necessary. Unfortunately and unlike WDW, you have to scan each ticket into everyone's app for each account if you want to grant access to the full party on each. At WDW you can scan your tickets and then link everyone.

Yes, it's a pain to enter all the tickets into everyone's phone. There should be a way to enter them all into one phone and propagate them all to other phones. You really want to have all the tickets in at least one app, though. That way, when pulling FastPasses via MaxPass, you can get a FastPass for everyone at the same time and you all get the same return time. If everyone does it separately on their own phone, you run the risk of some people getting completely different return times that may or may not overlap in time.

And yes you can refresh away! I love that feature at WDW and it works the same in DL. I was even able to get a FP for Radiator Springs Racers at 2pm with a 3pm return time, even after FP was sold out. Also note that the only people who have access to these cancelled FPs are others with MaxPass. Once passes "sell out" for the day, paper tickets are done and out of luck.

Awesome feature that relies on people actually cancelling their MaxPass if they don't think they'll use it. So let's make sure to cancel unneeded passes everyone.
Kind of like anonymous fairly dust pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter