MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Yes, you get a barcode on your phone that you can use as a FP to redeem it. I found it faster for everyone to have their ticket on a lanyard and scan individually than to call up the app and scan everyone's barcode from one phone. For two people it would probably take about the same time, but a group of 6 people swiping through one one phone would take longer. Plus, the "5 minutes early" trick works with your park ticket, but I don't think the barcode shows up on your phone app until official FP start time.

PHXscuba

thanks! I was hoping the phone would work b/c I'll have two little kid tickets to keep track of, but it sounds like it's a pain.

thanks! I was hoping the phone would work b/c I'll have two little kid tickets to keep track of, but it sounds like it's a pain.

Probably not too big a pain to use your phone, especially if the other option is pulling out tickets for small kids and scanning them yourself anyways. But I am making my teens carry their own lanyard/tickets next month!

PHXscuba

We got to try out Maxpass for the first time Saturday and loved it. We went down for one day specifically to see the Halloween decorations and ride Guardians: Monsters After Dark. The ability to grab FP's as soon as our next window opened with no planning or extra walking was great. We were also able to jump on the app right at 3:00 when the FP's became available for Monsters After Dark and secure FP's for 6:20, which was helpful because we needed to leave for home a little early. If it was available when we purchased our AP's I would have added Maxpass without a second thought, especially considering my signature passes will no longer come with Photopass which we enjoy. But we expire in January and don't have enough full park days planned to make the $300 price for the four of us worth it. We will be getting it for at least a few days on our last two trips on our AP's.

Yes, once you scan your FP the 30 minute wait is gone. We ran back and forth between California Screamin' and Goofy's Fly School! Both had instant return times and my DD loves both so it was awesome!
That's awesome. I didn't check every time, but I did notice that in several cases the FP didn't disappear from my account right away. It was usually gone by the time we exited the ride, but often still there after we had scanned in, but were still in the queue. When they were still there, the 30-minute rule still appeared to apply (it wouldn't let me make another FP reservation, but that is quite possibly related to the fact that the original FP was still appearing in my account).

That's awesome. I didn't check every time, but I did notice that in several cases the FP didn't disappear from my account right away. It was usually gone by the time we exited the ride, but often still there after we had scanned in, but were still in the queue. When they were still there, the 30-minute rule still appeared to apply (it wouldn't let me make another FP reservation, but that is quite possibly related to the fact that the original FP was still appearing in my account).
I had that happen, too, some of the time. There didn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes I could rebook right away, sometimes I did it as soon as we exited the ride.

We got to try out Maxpass for the first time Saturday and loved it. We went down for one day specifically to see the Halloween decorations and ride Guardians: Monsters After Dark. The ability to grab FP's as soon as our next window opened with no planning or extra walking was great. We were also able to jump on the app right at 3:00 when the FP's became available for Monsters After Dark and secure FP's for 6:20, which was helpful because we needed to leave for home a little early. If it was available when we purchased our AP's I would have added Maxpass without a second thought, especially considering my signature passes will no longer come with Photopass which we enjoy. But we expire in January and don't have enough full park days planned to make the $300 price for the four of us worth it. We will be getting it for at least a few days on our last two trips on our AP's.

Does Monsters after Dark always start fastpass distribution at 3? Because I was playing with my app just now and around 2:45 fastpasses for it seemed to be available (but who knows if they really are, I am nowhere near the parks :) ). I sort of want to plan when to try getting those during my trip.

Does Monsters after Dark always start fastpass distribution at 3? Because I was playing with my app just now and around 2:45 fastpasses for it seemed to be available (but who knows if they really are, I am nowhere near the parks :) ). I sort of want to plan when to try getting those during my trip.
Yesterday I couldn't get one at 2:50, and then at 3:06 I was able to pull one for 6:35-7:35... so it was 3:00 or pretty close yesterday, at least.

I tried at 2:55 and couldn't do it Saturday. I then got on PotC and spent the entire time watching for a signal, which I got when we entered the main show building at 3:05 and snagged FP's for 6:20.

I am not sure if this question has been asked and answered already. I am planning on booking a Disneyland trip including the hotel and tickets through my travel agent. When I book the trip, am I able to ask the travel agent to add the Maxpass to it or do I have to go on the app and purchase it myself?

If you open the app, select the time bubble on the park map, and scroll down, it will tell you when the Fastpass Distribution starts.

ME

I am not sure if this question has been asked and answered already. I am planning on booking a Disneyland trip including the hotel and tickets through my travel agent. When I book the trip, am I able to ask the travel agent to add the Maxpass to it or do I have to go on the app and purchase it myself?

You can ask, but its just as easy to add the MaxPass to your park tickets when you enter the park.

ME

How is MP affecting the regular FP system. Are they gone much quicker? By what time would you say regular FP run out for either RSR or Soaring?

We are going in December and $10 per person would cost us an extra $160 for the trip. Which is not much with the PP but Our costco package already comes with Photo pass so no extra there.

Are FP still available through out the day or are they gone because of MP users?

Our family of four will be in DL at the end of Dec. for five days. I do not want to add the maxpass for all days of our trip to our parkhopper tickets. How do I add it for just one day? Would I have to wait until our last day and add it in the app to our tickets for that day or can we add it earlier for just one day?

Our family of four will be in DL at the end of Dec. for five days. I do not want to add the maxpass for all days of our trip to our parkhopper tickets. How do I add it for just one day? Would I have to wait until our last day and add it in the app to our tickets for that day or can we add it earlier for just one day?
You can add it on any day of your trip.

How is MP affecting the regular FP system. Are they gone much quicker? By what time would you say regular FP run out for either RSR or Soaring?

We are going in December and $10 per person would cost us an extra $160 for the trip. Which is not much with the PP but Our costco package already comes with Photo pass so no extra there.

Are FP still available through out the day or are they gone because of MP users?

MP seems to have no effect on regular FP selling out faster.
However, Soarin is currently selling out faster because the attraction is down to one screen and they are limiting the number of Fastpasses.

Benefits of using MP over original FP
- MP is great if you are going to park hop. I feel its almost a mandatory upgrade.
- MP FP return times can differ from what the FP return time may be, due to guest canceling FPs through MP and those FPs going back into the MP system.
- 2-hour retrieval windows go down to an hour and a half if you use MP.
- Nice to be able to grab FP through MP instead of having to be near the attraction to manually grab FP.

ME

I have an MP question I do not remember being asked yet here.

If you are lucky enough to get someone's canceled MPs and thus earlier than where the main FP window has moved to, what happens to your next available FP time?

For example, say it is noon and the FP window for GOTG is 5-6PM. But someone cancels a 12:15-1:15 FP and you get it. Does that mean you can get the GOTG FP and then at 12:15 get another FP for something else?

:wizard:

You can add it on any day of your trip.
Thanks for the info! Excited about that! Since I cannot access the app and maxpass can you explain how to do this? When you enter the park and access the app does it give you the choice of just for that day or for the entire time of your tickets? Trying to add that now seems to only be a possibility with adding to ALL park hopper days. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter