MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Yes, it's a pain to enter all the tickets into everyone's phone. There should be a way to enter them all into one phone and propagate them all to other phones. You really want to have all the tickets in at least one app, though. That way, when pulling FastPasses via MaxPass, you can get a FastPass for everyone at the same time and you all get the same return time. If everyone does it separately on their own phone, you run the risk of some people getting completely different return times that may or may not overlap in time.

This is interesting. To make sure I understand...
Hubby and I each have our own Disney accounts and the app installed with our APs attached.
So, we should add our APs to each others phones and then form a FP 'group' (or whatever it's called).
Then, one of us can book a FP for the 'group' at the same time to ensure we get the same return time.
When we go to use the FPs, we can each just scan our own phones to access the queue (so as not to delay the line with multiple swipes and scans).
Is that correct?

Yup, in the app, you can create a FastPass Party. When you try to get a FastPass, it will present a list of tickets/passes linked in the app and you can select/deselect which tickets to get a FastPass for. Usually, just leave all the tickets selected and you'll get a FastPass for everyone at the same time. Then, the FastPass will show up on everyone's phone.

When entering the ride, we found it easier to have one person scan all the FastPasses for the group instead of making everyone open up the app on their own phone to scan in. Same goes for entering the park. Scan one ticket, swipe and scan the next--all from the same phone. But, maybe that's just us.

Yes. You can also get a FP for DCA while in DL, even though DCA has not opened yet. We just did that, got into DL at 8 am, DCA wasn't open until 9. Pulled a FP for DCA at 8:30.

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if you can get fastpasses for DCA while in DL? We have park hoppers so we can go bakd and forth. Or do you need to be in that actual park to book a fastpass for it?

We did not get the multi-experience FP when RSR broke down. It broke down right before our FP window expired (of course we had ran all the way across the park to get there in time), the FP disappeared from my account. I was told that we could come back to the ride when it opened and use our park tickets to scan for FP, but there was no mention of "multi-experience". When the ride came back up and we made our way over there, the line for FP was a mile long and we decided to just ditch it because we were going back to DCA another day. When I got back to the hotel, right before park closing, a multi-experience FP showed up on my phone. When I clicked on it to see if it would list the rides we could have used it on, it disappeared.

>> Another interesting thing that I encountered is my RSR FP (return time 7:30-8 PM, and DCA closed at 8PM that day) became multiple experience pass when RSR broke down at 7-ish PM. We didn't use that pass because we left and went back to the hotel. For some reason, that pass is valid until the next day, which was a very nice surprise...

To answer my own question that I posted a while back - you can pull a FP for a park that is not open yet, if you have entered the other park. Last Thursday, DL opened at 8, DCA opened at 9. We got into DL at 8 and pulled a FP for Screamin' at 8:30.

I'm trying to figure out the best order to get FP. For example, I have entered Disneyland and am about to get my first FP. Do I get a FP that has a return time 60-90 minutes away or do I get one with an almost "instant" return time? I've been watching the return times on the app and some rides seem to have "instant" returns fairly consistently through out the day.
What order have you found work the best?

I guess it depends on when you enter. Rope drop? Get one for an hour out and enjoy the short lines on other (non-FP) rides when the park opens. Later in the day, it would depend on what you felt like doing first. When you get an almost-instant FP, the app makes you wait 30 minutes before getting another FP.

I had read others experience that as soon as they scanned the FP they were allowed a new one, even sooner than 30 minutes.
I guess we will experiment the first day and see how it works?
I am such an early riser! Usually we manage to be first or second at the gate.

We just got back. MaxPass was so worth it. We would ropedrop and get in a stand by line for an attraction that usually has long wait after rope drop. While in the (shorter) standby line we'd make our first FP.

I had read others experience that as soon as they scanned the FP they were allowed a new one, even sooner than 30 minutes.
I guess we will experiment the first day and see how it works?
I am such an early riser! Usually we manage to be first or second at the gate.
Yes, once you scan your FP the 30 minute wait is gone. We ran back and forth between California Screamin' and Goofy's Fly School! Both had instant return times and my DD loves both so it was awesome!

I'm trying to figure out the best order to get FP. For example, I have entered Disneyland and am about to get my first FP. Do I get a FP that has a return time 60-90 minutes away or do I get one with an almost "instant" return time? I've been watching the return times on the app and some rides seem to have "instant" returns fairly consistently through out the day.
What order have you found work the best?
At DCA, if you want to ride GOTG, RSR, and Soarin' (at least right now while it's at one theater), you need to do one of those right away, pull a new one every 90 minutes, and you still might not get all 3 depending on how crowded it is.

At DL, right now I'd probably do Space and HMH first and then switch to "immediates" until it looks like Indiana Jones/Splash are getting late and then do them.

At DCA, if you want to ride GOTG, RSR, and Soarin' (at least right now while it's at one theater), you need to do one of those right away, pull a new one every 90 minutes, and you still might not get all 3 depending on how crowded it is.

At DL, right now I'd probably do Space and HMH first and then switch to "immediates" until it looks like Indiana Jones/Splash are getting late and then do them.

Yes, fastpasses have been going extremely fast this past week at DCA.I would get Soarin very first as it goes the fastest. Then GOTG, then RSR and TSMM last.

At DL, get SM(Now ghost galaxy) or HM very first. Don't ride those things standby right now. Wait times at least 75 min even from the earliest AM. Indy, BTMRR, and Splash have had fastpasses avail for later, so get those last.

Yes, it's a pain to enter all the tickets into everyone's phone. There should be a way to enter them all into one phone and propagate them all to other phones.

You don't have to enter all the tickets into everyone's phone if you all use the same Disney account. When we were there, I downloaded the app on my phone first and scanned everyone's tickets into it. Then I gave everyone else in my family my sign-in info. They all downloaded the app on their phones, used my sign-in, and all the tickets automatically showed up on their phones. Each of us could pull FPs from the app whether we were together or separate.

Clarification - I thought you still had to show your physical ticket as fast pass to get through FP line. Can you just use a phone without having to get your ticket out each time?

Clarification - I thought you still had to show your physical ticket as fast pass to get through FP line. Can you just use a phone without having to get your ticket out each time?

Yes, you get a barcode on your phone that you can use as a FP to redeem it. I found it faster for everyone to have their ticket on a lanyard and scan individually than to call up the app and scan everyone's barcode from one phone. For two people it would probably take about the same time, but a group of 6 people swiping through one one phone would take longer. Plus, the "5 minutes early" trick works with your park ticket, but I don't think the barcode shows up on your phone app until official FP start time.

PHXscuba

Yes, you get a barcode on your phone that you can use as a FP to redeem it. I found it faster for everyone to have their ticket on a lanyard and scan individually than to call up the app and scan everyone's barcode from one phone. For two people it would probably take about the same time, but a group of 6 people swiping through one one phone would take longer. Plus, the "5 minutes early" trick works with your park ticket, but I don't think the barcode shows up on your phone app until official FP start time.

PHXscuba

Agreed about just using ticket/AP instead of app to scan (I found myself waiting so long for people to flip through because their party would block the other scan point and not let anyone up to it; took less time in my opinion when I watched large groups just scan their tickets), but the FP does show as active at five minutes prior even in the app.

Even if you have added your park ticket to the app, you can't purchase MaxPass until you have entered the park for the day.

The exception is if you have an annual pass - you can add unlimited days of MaxPass for a one-time fee of $75. Note it's not pro-rated, so unless you expect to use 8 or more days of MaxPass during the remaining time on your current annual pass, it would be cheaper to buy individual days of MaxPass at $10/day.

If I have an A/P, can I purchase the unlimited days before I get to the parks? I don't want to wait at the ticket booth to upgrade if I don't have to.

If I have an A/P, can I purchase the unlimited days before I get to the parks? I don't want to wait at the ticket booth to upgrade if I don't have to.

To my knowledge you still have to go to the ticket booth to add MP to your AP. It's included in my AP, though, so I have no first hand knowledge. But most comments I've seen speak of being required to go to the ticket booth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter