• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

We were told it just went live yesterday when we were at CA. You have to have all people who will be riding as part of the swap together. All three people riding second will get their passes scanned and a rider swap added to the pass. This is on top of any fast passes.

That sounds like a bit of a pain for cms compared to just handing someone a paper ticket. I'm surprised they didn't get the maxpass kinks worked out first before adding in the whole child swap element.

We were there for four days last week. Screaming was consistently an instant FP, as in, you could pretty much always get a FP for it no more than 5-10 minutes out, and then always pull one once you scanned into it that would be ready once you got off the ride. So you could effectively ride it all day if you wanted with almost no wait.

Buzz, BTMRR, Roger and HM also typically are instant return, or close.

Generally, I would try to knock out the headliners at each park (space, Matterhorn, splash, racers, guardians) first thing, so that your pull times later in the day are shorter.

We are looking at going 2-3 days this week and are wondering if the MP will be our best bet as we need to maximize our time while in the parks.

How many FP can you book at a time? Is it only one? What happens when a ride, like GoG isn't available for 5 more hours? Can you still use MP for other FP options?

Also, do we all need our own app or can we link all of our tickets to one MP app? One of us doesn't have a phone (because one of us went swimming last week at the hotel in Phoenix and made it into a brick!)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

We are looking at going 2-3 days this week and are wondering if the MP will be our best bet as we need to maximize our time while in the parks.

How many FP can you book at a time? Is it only one? What happens when a ride, like GoG isn't available for 5 more hours? Can you still use MP for other FP options?

Also, do we all need our own app or can we link all of our tickets to one MP app? One of us doesn't have a phone (because one of us went swimming last week at the hotel in Phoenix and made it into a brick!)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

FP Rules:

1. For return times under 30 mins- you must either use your FP or wait a minimum of 30min (20min with MaxPass) before you can pull a new FP.

Example: You pull a FP at 10am for Star Tours with a return time of 10:05am - 11:05am. The earliest you may get a new FP is at 10:30am (10:20am with MaxPass)- HOWEVER, if you USE your FP prior to 10:30am you may pull a new FP immediately after scanning into the touch points.

2. For return times more than 30 mins away- you must wait until your FP return window opens OR a maximum of 2 hours (90mins with MaxPass) before you can pull a new FP- which ever comes first.

Example: You pull a FP for Mission Breakout at 12pm with a return time for 9pm-10pm. The earliest you may pull a new FP is 2pm (1:30pm with MaxPass).

3. You may only hold one valid FP for any single attraction at a time.

Example: you pulled a FP for Space Mountain at 10am with a return of 1pm-2pm. You must wait until 12pm before you pull a new FP for any other attraction EXCEPT Space Mountain. In order to get a new FP Space Mountain you must either USE your FP starting at 1pm or let it expire at 2pm.

4. You may use your FP 5mins before and 15min after its return window.

Last edited:

FP Rules:

1. For return times under 30 mins- you must either use your FP or wait a minimum of 30min before you can pull a new FP.

Example: You pull a FP at 10am for Star Tours with a return time of 10:05am - 11:05am. The earliest you may get a new FP is at 10:30am- HOWEVER, if you USE your FP prior to 10:30am you may pull a new FP immediately after scanning into the touch points.

2. For return times more than 30 mins away- you must wait until your FP return window opens OR a maximum of 2 hours before you can pull a new FP- which ever comes first.

Example: You pull a FP for Mission Breakout at 12pm with a return time for 9pm-10pm. The earliest you may pull a new FP is 2pm.

3. You may only hold one valid FP for any single attraction at a time.

Example: you pulled a FP for Space Mountain at 10am with a return of 1pm-2pm. You must wait until 12pm before you pull a new FP for any other attraction EXCEPT Space Mountain. In order to get a new FP Space Mountain you must either USE your FP starting at 1pm or let it expire at 2pm.

4. You may use your FP 5mins before and 15min after its return window.
The maximum wait when your FPs is several hours out was reduced to 90 minutes.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The FP rules remain the same, so o ly one at a time (sort of, there are times where the return time is later and you will be able to still book a second one just as with paper FP) the only difference is you can get another FP as soon as you scan your current one, so let's say you get a FP for Soarin and you go to it, as soon as you scan your ticket you can go on the app and get a FP for another ride.

If the FP return time is further out, such as Guardians, which yesterday was usually about an hour out, but there were times it was two hours out until later in the day, the app will give you a time that you can get another FP at, this usually seems to be about 45 minutes later, but can vary.

You can link all of the tickets to the same App and to multiple Apps, I suggest everyone links everyone's tickets so that if you split off you can still book FPs from the app for the people that split off.

I suggest the person that went swimming goes down to Target, Walmart, etc. And buys a cheap $15 prepaid smart phone that is in the same carrier as they were using and changes the Sim Card over, it will make things much easier.

Overall crowds have been lighter than normal, but I would still say get MP for at least the first day and see how you like it, I think it makes things much easier.

These are great tips!!! I know not everyone in my party will keep up with clear lanyards, I bought one of those Whitz? thingies to hold all the tickets...will I have to give them each their ticket to scan individually like at a subway, or can I just scan everyone's and we go through?

These are great tips!!! I know not everyone in my party will keep up with clear lanyards, I bought one of those Whitz? thingies to hold all the tickets...will I have to give them each their ticket to scan individually like at a subway, or can I just scan everyone's and we go through?
If you use your phone you can scan each person from the phone, but it is far faster to hand each their tickets and have each person scan them, the other way holds up the line.

Have any of you recently visited Disneyland and decided to forgo the Maxpass? Did you find yourself at a disadvantage (other than walking)? I mean, did you experience missing out on FP rides due to others using the phone?

Have any of you recently visited Disneyland and decided to forgo the Maxpass? Did you find yourself at a disadvantage (other than walking)? I mean, did you experience missing out on FP rides due to others using the phone?

We have been twice and have not purchased MaxPass. I noticed no disadvantage. We still rode all our favorites in about 5 hours.

We have been twice and have not purchased MaxPass. I noticed no disadvantage. We still rode all our favorites in about 5 hours.
Thanks for the reply!! My wife and I were discussing this . It is good to hear your experience . I am going in a week. We have hopper passes most of the time. However, with the new Maxpass, in the future, I may just choose to stick to one park using the old fastpass.

I am interested responses to this question too! We need to decide if we should add it. I would love to use the system, just not excited about paying for it.

For annual passholders it seems like it would be possible to copy the barcode from your annual pass and print it onto another medium for easier access. I've thought about pasting it onto the back of my cellphone, for example, or possibly onto a wrist band. For a family, it might be easier to consolidate all of the codes onto a single card.

Has anyone tried this?

For annual passholders it seems like it would be possible to copy the barcode from your annual pass and print it onto another medium for easier access. I've thought about pasting it onto the back of my cellphone, for example, or possibly onto a wrist band. For a family, it might be easier to consolidate all of the codes onto a single card.

Has anyone tried this?

Sorry for the unbelievably terrible quality of this picture, but I enjoyed this as an option.

Attachments

• IMG_9626.PNG
    IMG_9626.PNG
    390.6 KB · Views: 108
We used it this week on Wednesday and Saturday. We were a party of 5, and we all had park hoppers with MaxPass. We managed to do a total of 29 rides between the two parks, with 6 additional repeat rides on favorites. So, 35 rides in two days.

Totally worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter