MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

We visited the parks this weekend and saw many guests using regular, free FP. In fact, it seemed like MP users were the minority (definitely present, but definitely not the majority). The lines were short, things moved quickly, no back ups. Everything went very smoothly for all. The only problems we saw were regular FP users getting used to scanning their tickets (twice!) and others letting their kids block the FP line (standing all the way across the line) while the parent scanned all the tickets so no one else could scan. Other than that, no big deal.

That sounds like a bit of a pain for cms compared to just handing someone a paper ticket. I'm surprised they didn't get the maxpass kinks worked out first before adding in the whole child swap element.
I think it was. They seemed a bit confused about how to handle it.

I am not an AP holder and bought my PHs several months ago. Can I link my tickets to the app before I enter the park or do I need to wait until I get in there?

I did enter my credit card information into the app ahead of time but am wondering how time consuming and reliable the app is after you enter the park.

I am not an AP holder and bought my PHs several months ago. Can I link my tickets to the app before I enter the park or do I need to wait until I get in there?

I did enter my credit card information into the app ahead of time but am wondering how time consuming and reliable the app is after you enter the park.

I scanned my etickets in the app and linked them just fine! However, the hard ticket they give you at the turnstile MAY have a different number? No one has confirmed this yet to me.

If the hard ticket is a different number, then you mine as well wait to scan your tickets in.

90 min only applies to MaxPass users. It is still 2 hours if you dont have MaxPass:

UO6LOegeZw2XdspQlswybFpt7mut_cJcpCSe0z94o9MS3zqooC2zbqGKPGm7tGAwMgCbGbsMuNZtH9ea9XHpufoZzFsxw3VSLjjOwHs-uEYSYTF3NyUOpYzO4EvismAptiTviB6wyrLzSnmxMsFWY84sc_dYhwz4WVK_8jsqx5W4W4V1h5vnvnQwB9Xkdo4gat3K-mUrLBK700KD8QGQfEcWimodzbX_AoQyzrHvuMBmRCzqNkcjEuwlbL9OIMfze4F00W5WA5ErBM4wmdVahXThj4nNjsUD-4OkYosIsgsEoygtM-pU2upic-llX1cKVAHv2IrnpM98i_kn8NF6E3i_NbwkNW5qDlT-OohzgeKMheU-Diw_JgIAoPny-ceumB2Js2BgRoh7ch5Eq1o6KVv_K3yKQLHEyjqKdkz_tGVOg3EjAQUrGkUqQmMgWoh8AdXZoyL2elGKmNMAMfm4T4CsfcpyX9jeD8A16t3kuarrz2-A7VAxs8Gf_2dfed_toMb9iHA5DycMqRhEr6f5zIQFb299bHiFNABYX-_mUprEAqqjzVYLy1fTZYMxfPdYZR4W3UWgxlruoOjkyk5irvR9y5M9hrhbhSbOTd7vS2MZCTOnKMcjbX6JvzKp85Dt8enx6Xi9vfBjbxCFnB95WeXEFe9gxk6Gt_xIZ3Qv=w703-h937-no

Last edited:
Hey Lesley, we'll be getting our Premier Passports for the very first time at Disneyland this upcoming weekend. Our first day is Monday but we're going to purchase tickets on Saturday just to make sure there are no problems. Is there any way to make sure MaxPass is included right there? Or any other kinks to watch out for before getting in the park Monday?

For me, I originally had the Signature and upgraded to Premier, but the app still shows me as "Signature". When I first tried using it on Jul 22, MaxPass automatically worked. I don't know if it works properly the first time with a Premier purchase outright.

On Saturday, are you getting the tickets at the park or online? If you get them at the booth, you can try to briefly enter a park and make sure MP is working for you. If online, you'll probably have to wait until Monday :oops:. If it doesn't work then you'll probably just need to go to Guest Services!

Good luck!

We'll be buying them in the park since they informed us that we couldn't purchase it online, but we may just briefly walk in and make sure that everything is working!

The Premier pass will be for both myself and my fiance, should we have separate apps on our phones? Or ideally I would like to make max pass and FP + reservations for both of us just from my app.

One person is able to make FPs for your entire party. You just have to link tickets (I think you can just scan the barcode, but haven't had to do so myself yet), so you will create a "Fastpass party". Your ticket can be linked onto multiple different phones, so you could each have the app and each have access to the other person's ticket to make FPs.

I am thinking the best option will be to do maxpass on my phone for our entire family of 4 exclusively and to get lanyards to put each person's park hopper around their necks so we don't have to take them in and out at all but will just scan them through the lanyard as we go through the fast pass line. I don't really want DS(9) and DD(7) having to take their tickets in and out but I think they should be okay scanning their own with a lanyard to not slow down the line. Any feedback... is this a good idea?

I just had someone tell me that their eticket number and their hard ticket number were the same, so yes, scan in your etickets if you want them linked ahead of time to use maxpass!

Anyone else confirm this?

We used MP today at DCA and have never gotten so much done before. Combined with EMH, it was amazing. We rode RSR and GOG three times each, Soarin' twice, MM twice, Screamin', Little Mermaid, Luigi's, and two rides in Bug's Land. We also had a lengthy lunch with the Princesses (really just a mediocre experience) and went back to the hotel for around three hours this afternoon and swam. It was a great day and thankfully cooler than yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter