MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Has anyone attempted to use Disney gift cards to purchase MP? I want to do so for my trip next March, if it's possible.

First time with MP today. Took about 10 min for it to show in the app with our APs after adding it at guest services outside. For the most part, it was great (especially when rides go down and it becomes an anything pass), but we have verizon serivce and the reception was terrible in Frontier land and Adventure land. I really hope they can do something about it quickly. Looses the value if you can't book your next pass wherever you are.

Has anyone attempted to use Disney gift cards to purchase MP? I want to do so for my trip next March, if it's possible.
I just used a GC at guest services for it today.

This may have been answered earlier and I just missed it. Family & I are going down tomorrow & trying to decide between biting the bullet for MaxPass or just getting Photopass. Right now we have the Southern California Citypass for the 3 day tickets. When I pick up the tickets at will call, will I be able to add Maxpass at that time for all three days or will I have to do it day by day in the park?

Also, just to be clear because the "unlimited downloads for the day" wording is confusing to me as well as others in the thread, those who have used it, the normal photopass rules apply for the day, right? 45 days to download?

Can MP be purchased for the duration of your visit in one go (e.g. 5 days of MP for a 5 day park hopper) or does it need to be purchased/re-purchased each day when you go through the turnstiles?

Can MP be purchased for the duration of your visit in one go (e.g. 5 days of MP for a 5 day park hopper) or does it need to be purchased/re-purchased each day when you go through the turnstiles?

If you didn't add MaxPass on at the time of purchase you have to go day by day, unfortunately. New ticket purchases through the app give you the option of adding it on at the time of purchase though.

This thread is very long so hopefully someone can answer this simple question and allow me not to have to read through the entire document. Sorry for the duplicate if it already appeared.

I thank everyone for the information on the Max Pass and I have seen a few videos on it but I can't seemed to find an answer of the disconnected fastpasses and this new app. Can you access them (Buzz Lightyear my big concern) on the app and are they still disconnected from the regular "one pass at a time" system or are those still using the paper system? Thank you.

This thread is very long so hopefully someone can answer this simple question and allow me not to have to read through the entire document. Sorry for the duplicate if it already appeared.

I thank everyone for the information on the Max Pass and I have seen a few videos on it but I can't seemed to find an answer of the disconnected fastpasses and this new app. Can you access them (Buzz Lightyear my big concern) on the app and are they still disconnected from the regular "one pass at a time" system or are those still using the paper system? Thank you.
Buzz is no longer disconnected. It's been connected to the rest of the FP system for several months, now. The only things that are are F! and WOC, and you cannot access them via MaxPass.

Buzz became connected when they connected the two parks a few months ago.

If you didn't add MaxPass on at the time of purchase you have to go day by day, unfortunately. New ticket purchases through the app give you the option of adding it on at the time of purchase though.

I bought my granddaughter's ticket through the app two days ago and there was not an option to add MaxPass at the time of purchase. :confused3

I bought my granddaughter's ticket through the app two days ago and there was not an option to add MaxPass at the time of purchase. :confused3
Hmm. I'm looking at the app right now, and I have the option to buy any tickets as hoppers, non-hoppers, hoppers with MaxPass, and non-hoppers with MaxPass. Have you updated your app since MaxPass went live?

Hmm. I'm looking at the app right now, and I have the option to buy any tickets as hoppers, non-hoppers, hoppers with MaxPass, and non-hoppers with MaxPass. Have you updated your app since MaxPass went live?
Yes, I've updated it. I had no problem adding MaxPass to my AP so I'm not sure why I didn't get those ticket options.

First time with MP today. (especially when rides go down and it becomes an anything pass), .
From other posts here it appears you don't need to buy Maxpass to get the anything pass. As long as you link your AP or ticket to the app. The only thing Maxpass does is keep you from walking to the machines to get the actual fastpass, and the photopass downloads. The app linked to your ticket will show all your passes, and you can also cancel them as well. Without the need to buy Maxpass. I haven't tested this since I'm blocked out for a few more weeks, but it's what others have posted. Looking forward to the anything pass, and also being able to cancel one. I've had that need at times but no way to do it.

From other posts here it appears you don't need to buy Maxpass to get the anything pass. As long as you link your AP or ticket to the app. The only thing Maxpass does is keep you from walking to the machines to get the actual fastpass, and the photopass downloads. The app linked to your ticket will show all your passes, and you can also cancel them as well. Without the need to buy Maxpass. I haven't tested this since I'm blocked out for a few more weeks, but it's what others have posted. Looking forward to the anything pass, and also being able to cancel one. I've had that need at times but no way to do it.

So are you just waiting for any ride to breakdown or shutdown to receive this "anything pass" ?
Also, other than seeing the wait times from the DL app you can CANCEL your fast pass even though you DID NOT purchase MAX PASS ? I thought that WAS the purpose of Max Pass - everything done at your finger tips and NO actual running around? How does one cancel the old way other than just NOT show up at the ride during said time?

So are you just waiting for any ride to breakdown or shutdown to receive this "anything pass" ?
Also, other than seeing the wait times from the DL app you can CANCEL your fast pass even though you DID NOT purchase MAX PASS ? I thought that WAS the purpose of Max Pass - everything done at your finger tips and NO actual running around? How does one cancel the old way other than just NOT show up at the ride during said time?
I'm not going to sit around and wait for an anything pass, however it is good to know this information if I'm near a ride with a long wait, and the app shows that I have an anything pass for one with a shorter wait time.
Disney notes that the Maxpass allows you to obtain Fastpasses without the need to go to the attraction/machine. the other benefits are within the app. As an AP (I'm not sure of day tickets) you could always link the app to your pass and use for entry into the parks, but you still need your actual pass to get a fastpass. Which means that you can also use the app if you wanted to, to enter the fastpass line queue. Unless I'm misunderstanding things.
Disney has not said, to my knowledge that to cancel a fastpass or to get an "anything" pass would be exclusive to Maxpass. Only to obtain them and to get Photopass as well.
Anyone correct me if you've tested this and I'm incorrect.

I'm looking forward to trying this out, and once my pass is up for renewal in a few months I'll add it most likely. For $6.25 per month its a good deal, but not if my pass is expired in just a few months. Hoping that the intro price stays the same until then too.

If you purchase MaxPass, can you still use the paper fastpass kiosks or do you have to use the app?
Yes, but that would not be the best option since paying for the app gives you the chance to not have to go to the attraction to get the fastpass. Some people are saying that they use the app for this, but then use their ticket and not the app to enter the attraction since the wifi is spotty in the park and the app drains batteries fast.

Question for those of you who have experience with the "anything" pass: does that one has a time window, or is it valid for the rest of the day (as FPs used to be in the past when rides went down)?

Disney has not said, to my knowledge that to cancel a fastpass or to get an "anything" pass would be exclusive to Maxpass. Only to obtain them and to get Photopass as well.
Anyone correct me if you've tested this and I'm incorrect.

It has been reported that you can cancel a previously booked MaxPass. It has also been reported that those cancelled MaxPasses go back into the 'pool' and others with MaxPass can book it even if it is before the posted distribution time. Think of it as the way that the old system used to allow you to 'gift' paper passes. So if you get an Indy MP for 2pm and decide to go back to the hotel pool, you can cancel it and it will show up on the next persons account to look for an Indy MP even if the distribution time is posted as 8pm. This only works between people with MP, not paper.

Also, the "anything" pass only happens when a ride goes down within your window of having an MP for it. And some come with certain restrictions, like if you have a Matterhorn MP, it'll say "return at any time", but it may only be offered for all MP rides minus Space Mountain. The good thing is that you can now use that "anything pass" at any time for any ride and then also book your next MP.

It has been reported that you can cancel a previously booked MaxPass. It has also been reported that those cancelled MaxPasses go back into the 'pool' and others with MaxPass can book it even if it is before the posted distribution time. Think of it as the way that the old system used to allow you to 'gift' paper passes. So if you get an Indy MP for 2pm and decide to go back to the hotel pool, you can cancel it and it will show up on the next persons account to look for an Indy MP even if the distribution time is posted as 8pm. This only works between people with MP, not paper.

Also, the "anything" pass only happens when a ride goes down within your window of having an MP for it. And some come with certain restrictions, like if you have a Matterhorn MP, it'll say "return at any time", but it may only be offered for all MP rides minus Space Mountain. The good thing is that you can now use that "anything pass" at any time for any ride and then also book your next MP.

Would you have to use the "anything pass" (or at least scan it at the first checkpoint) prior to being able to get another MP? Or does it just hang out there until you use it without affecting the ability to gain other MPs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter