MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Question for those of you who have experience with the "anything" pass: does that one has a time window, or is it valid for the rest of the day (as FPs used to be in the past when rides went down)?
MP for Goofy's Sky School, converted to Multiple Experiences.
Same initial start time, and valid until closing.
MP_multiple1.jpg
Valid for all FP rides in DCA, except RSR and Guardians.
MP_multiple2.jpg

There are 5 members of my family. I just bought from Disneyland.com 3 day, 1 park per day, tickets for each member of my family. I bought the Maxpass add-on. How do I put a name to each ticket so that when I'm making Maxpass reservations I know who I'm making the FP for? Right now on my Disney App each ticket just has a serial number.

My husband and I plan on splitting up, he'll take the older child and I'll take the 2 younger. He'll make FP reservations from his phone and I'll make different reservations from my phone. How do we keep it all straight?

Thanks!

Yes, but that would not be the best option since paying for the app gives you the chance to not have to go to the attraction to get the fastpass. Some people are saying that they use the app for this, but then use their ticket and not the app to enter the attraction since the wifi is spotty in the park and the app drains batteries fast.

This may not be beneficial for groups where everyone has the MP ability, however it is a nice feature for those who do not. In our case I am planning to add MP to my AP so that I can have the photopass benefit for the year. However, I do not want to pay for everyone else to have the yearlong MP. So the fact that we can all still pull FP together using our tickets is very nice. It could also benefit families who split up and do not have multiple smart phones or do not allow their kids to use their phones.

If you have MP and the people you are with do not, will your FP coordinate with theirs, or would you need to get a paper pass when with people who don't have MP?

What I'm trying to say is will you be able to get the same time as those who have to walk to the kiosk?

But is the original FP available AFTER the original window closes if that attraction goes down during the FP return time? Like if I have an RSR FP for 4:00-5:00 and RSR is down from 4:30 to 5:30, will I be able to ride RSR later in the evening as used to be the case? Or will I be required to use one of the multi-experience FPs instead for a different ride?
Not sure if already answered because I haven't scrolled through, but yes, you can still use later on RSR. My window was just about to open this morning when it went down. It turned into a multiple experience FP (including RSR) that is good all day. Usually multiple experience FPs exclude RSR, GOTG and Space unless FP was for that ride.

I've been reading and watching all that I can on MaxPass in readiness for our November trip. I was sure that I saw somewhere that once you had Maxpass linked into the App with your ticket that ALL fastpasses showed up. So for example if you still walked to the actual FP machine and swiped your ticket / pass that these "manual" FP showed on the app, is this correct? Or did I have a delusional dream?
You are correct and you can redeem it with the app.

Would you have to use the "anything pass" (or at least scan it at the first checkpoint) prior to being able to get another MP? Or does it just hang out there until you use it without affecting the ability to gain other MPs?
It will just be there and you can continue to obtain more MPs. At the moment your MP changes to a multiple experience pass, you can book another MP.

If you have MP and the people you are with do not, will your FP coordinate with theirs, or would you need to get a paper pass when with people who don't have MP?

What I'm trying to say is will you be able to get the same time as those who have to walk to the kiosk?
No, though it may work sometimes. Oftentimes MP have earlier or slightly different windows than paper. Sometimes they are immediate or times open up because someone cancelled theirs on the app.

Thank you so much for the details about the "anything" fastpass. That helps!

Only peripherally related... I'm tweaking our touring plans for August 2-4 and am wondering if Space Mountain's fastpass machines are still open during early morning. I couldn't find any fastpass return times on the app for Space Mountain before 8am (though touringplan.com still calculates with the early fastpasses), which makes me worry about this potentially being a thing of the past and my fancy plans potentially being outdated. So, those of you who have been in the parks recently: Are Space Mountain fastpasses available before 8am? [ ] yes; [ ] no; [ ] sometimes.

Still on the fence about getting Maxpass... there are seven of us, and I am used to fastpass running--in fact I do enjoy the exercise.

Thank you so much for the details about the "anything" fastpass. That helps!

Only peripherally related... I'm tweaking our touring plans for August 2-4 and am wondering if Space Mountain's fastpass machines are still open during early morning. I couldn't find any fastpass return times on the app for Space Mountain before 8am (though touringplan.com still calculates with the early fastpasses), which makes me worry about this potentially being a thing of the past and my fancy plans potentially being outdated. So, those of you who have been in the parks recently: Are Space Mountain fastpasses available before 8am? [ ] yes; [ ] no; [ ] sometimes.

Still on the fence about getting Maxpass... there are seven of us, and I am used to fastpass running--in fact I do enjoy the exercise.

Today FP for Space Mountain was not being shown as available on the apps map option during EMH.
Not sure if they were giving out FP at the FP machines
However, if you have MP and select the Get FP option, you can select that FP for Space Mountain during EMH

My thoughts are that you do not really need MP if you are going to stay at one park all day. It's still very easy to get the FP for free by pulling them from the FP machine.

If you are park hopping MP is worth the extra cost.

ME

Last edited:

Everyone in your party should have MP or just use the old way of getting FP.
I have seen where FP times will differ from what is being shown on the app, to what is given at the machine, to what is given via MP. Sometimes drastic differences.

ME

Anyone try to add maxpass at the gate? Or similar option after you've already bought tickets without maxpass? I really want to use the lmtclub discount and add maxpass on...

Anyone try to add maxpass at the gate? Or similar option after you've already bought tickets without maxpass? I really want to use the lmtclub discount and add maxpass on...

You have enter a park in order to purchase MaxPass

I know individuals have said that if you don't have Maxpass you can still see farpasses you pull in no app. For families, donyou just link each ticket to the app in your tickets area or can you create a fastpass party wothout purchasing MP for everyone?

To create a FP party, you need to purchase MP for everyone in your group.

My sister has her tickets, can I scan them into my Disneyland app and THEN buy MP for all 8 of us? We haven't seen my sister for 2 years, so riding rides together would be great. They live in LA, we're flying in, just trying to figure out if all 8 of us can get MP together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter