MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Once your sister and her party go through the turnstiles (which will activate their tickets), you should be able to scan their tickets into your app and buy MP for them, too. You will be able to manage all 8 tickets through your app. They can also scan their tickets to their own app, if they will want to break off from the group and manage their own FPs at some point during the day.

If we get MP for the 3 of us and link them to my phone, can we just choose to get 2 passes instead of all 3 (our daughter wont go on some rides)?

To create a FP party, you need to purchase MP for everyone in your group.

I am probably not understanding this. We had four people in our MP party for the first three days of our trip, and on the last day we bought MP for only two of them.

If you mean that everyone who wants to use MP on a given day must purchase MP that day, that is correct. If you mean everyone in your group who is linked to the phones must purchase MP or else nobody can purchase it, that is incorrect.

If you mean that everyone who wants to use MP on a given day must purchase MP that day, that is correct. If you mean everyone in your group who is linked to the phones must purchase MP or else nobody can purchase it, that is incorrect.

Correct for the first part, clearly. But even if you can see all the FPs for the linked tickets in your app (MP or not), am I correct in assuming that you cannot control the return times, i.e. keep them together if they don't actually overlap? Some people are reporting big disparities in return times between MP and regular FP, so people in the same group are not able to ride at the same time. They have stated that they can keep track of their FP party, but often the MP return times are earlier than those for the rest of the group. Thus, I assumed the PP wanted his/her whole group to have MP to create a FP party so they could ride together. (Other people have posted that they have had return time overlap with MP and regular FP, but there doesn't seem to be consistency on this -- at least not in the reports here.) I don't think this is a big problem on the rides with short return times, but it can be on the headliners. For example, if the MP return time for GOTG is 2 pm and the posted return time is 6 pm, so much for riding together. (And this time disparity did happen to someone.)

Last edited:
I know individuals have said that if you don't have Maxpass you can still see farpasses you pull in no app. For families, donyou just link each ticket to the app in your tickets area or can you create a fastpass party wothout purchasing MP for everyone?

Once you link tickets into the app by scanning them in (we have APs so when I scan them, my kids names show and everyone has a different colored border), even if you don't buy MaxPass, you will see EVERYONE'S FASTPASS return times in the app once you obtain them. And when it is time to ride, it turns into a screen that says "It's Time!" with the relevant ride information.

Basically, you don't have to buy MaxPass to use the digital reminder part. That came before Max Pass went live and is just a new feature of the app at this point. The ONLY thing you cannot do without buying MP is OBTAINING a fast pass.

Even the "anytime" fastpass in the event of a ride breakdown happens without purchasing MP. They used to have to manually do this before the feature was loaded into the app, but it has always been a "perk" of standard FASTPASS to get an anytime return if a ride broke down inside your return window.

Correct for the first part, clearly. But even if you can see all the FPs for the linked tickets in your app (MP or not), am I correct in assuming that you cannot control the return times, i.e. keep them together if they don't actually overlap? Some people are reporting big disparities in return times between MP and regular FP, so people in the same group are not able to ride at the same time. They have stated that they can keep track of their FP party, but often the MP return times are earlier than those for the rest of the group. Thus, I assumed the PP wanted his/her whole group to have MP to create a FP party so they could ride together. (Other people have posted that they have had return time overlap with MP and regular FP, but there doesn't seem to be consistency on this -- at least not in the reports here.)

If the people are at the machines at the same time as the people are using the app to get return times, the times will be the same (give or take 5-10 minutes, but there will be enough overlap). The MP return times mirror the machine return times but what is likely happening is that the MP users are getting them electronically before the other people in their party are physically at the machines.

If the people are at the machines at the same time as the people are using the app to get return times, the times will be the same (give or take 5-10 minutes, but there will be enough overlap). The MP return times mirror the machine return times but what is likely happening is that the MP users are getting them electronically before the other people in their party are physically at the machines.

People have said that for the rides with the shorter return times. But they have also reported that MP gives them the first return time available. So if someone else returned an earlier MP time, you can get it. Which can be great, unless the rest of your party will be riding a lot later. Some posters have dealt with this by pulling the FPs manually with their group just to stay together -- which is probably what we will end up doing when we are with friends who don't have APs. If they don't want to buy MP, we'll just do FP the old fashioned way with them.

People have said that for the rides with the shorter return times. But they have also reported that MP gives them the first return time available. So if someone else returned an earlier MP time, you can get it. Which can be great, unless the rest of your party will be riding a lot later. Some posters have dealt with this by pulling the FPs manually with their group just to stay together -- which is probably what we will end up doing when we are with friends who don't have APs. If they don't want to buy MP, we'll just do FP the old fashioned way with them.

Well yeah,that is a circumstance that will happen from time to time with MP as cancelled FP get returned to the pool. But if you are with a group, no harm in just using the machines for those occasions.

I don't know if this has already been answered so please forgive me if it has already been covered. I was wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge if you go to the park and then leave to go to DTD or the California Grand, can you still get fast passes with your maxx pass ? Or do you have to be in the park with location enabled on the phone for the app/max pass to work?

I don't know if this has already been answered so please forgive me if it has already been covered. I was wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge if you go to the park and then leave to go to DTD or the California Grand, can you still get fast passes with your maxx pass ? Or do you have to be in the park with location enabled on the phone for the app/max pass to work?
Reports are that once you have used your ticket for entry, you're good for the rest of the day. Even if you leave the parks.

You can be like 15 miles away and it will work as long as you scanned into a park for the day. At this time, location services does NOT play into it.

How does this work with Rider Swap? We will have an older toddler who can do a couple MP attractions and a baby with us. Do we need to buy 3 MaxPasses or can we just get 2 and swap our toddler in or out?
Thanks!

Basically, you don't have to buy MaxPass to use the digital reminder part. That came before Max Pass went live and is just a new feature of the app at this point. The ONLY thing you cannot do without buying MP is OBTAINING a fast pass.

Even the "anytime" fastpass in the event of a ride breakdown happens without purchasing MP. They used to have to manually do this before the feature was loaded into the app, but it has always been a "perk" of standard FASTPASS to get an anytime return if a ride broke down inside your return window.

Thanks for confirming what I've read elsewhere. This is a great option for those that don't want to purchase MaxPass. Get the reminder tickets manually, use them with the app. Or cancel them with the app. Or best use is if one turns to a "anytime" fastpass use the app for that as well. I don't think you could use your ticket/AP for ride entry for an "anytime" pass because what if you also had another valid fastpass for the ride you choose? I haven't used this yet, but assuming you pick the fastpass you will use within the app and scan at ride entry. If you used your ticket/AP the anytime pass wouldn't work properly potentially if you had another for the same ride.
I can see the confusion with this non-MaxPass purchase use with the app with lots of people. It will be interesting to test it out.

In the past you would have to notice if a ride went down sometime that day, and then make a note to yourself that you can just use it anytime during the day/night. Always worked well, but the new app makes it easier since it tells you, and you can use it at almost any fastpass ride.

I am unable to use DAS as my issue is that I need to avoid stairs. In the past, (at Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain) they have scanned a return time equal to the wait time minus 10 minutes) to my ticket. I could only have one return time and I would go through the exit to avoid stairs. I could also hold FP regularly. How will this work if I purchase MaxPass? Can I have a scanned return time and a MaxPass FP at the same time?

How does this work with Rider Swap? We will have an older toddler who can do a couple MP attractions and a baby with us. Do we need to buy 3 MaxPasses or can we just get 2 and swap our toddler in or out?
Thanks!

Nothing has changed to rider swap. Since you have to rider swap on the big rides, you could just buy MaxPass for two. Keep in mind you wouldn't get to use it for rides like Buzz and Toy Story where you are taking the whole party; then you would have to get paper FP for those rides. But you could definitely make two MP work for your party with rider swap.

So in order to use maxpass do you just need to have been scanned in, or does the park need to be officially open? Im talking about rope drop where you have been scanned in, but the park isn't officially open for another half hour or so.

So in order to use maxpass do you just need to have been scanned in, or does the park need to be officially open? Im talking about rope drop where you have been scanned in, but the park isn't officially open for another half hour or so.
I scanned in at DCA yesterday about 5 minutes before open and was able to book a pass. I would assume you could if you arrived even earlier. The only thing I noticed is that none of the MPs will be immediate. Starting windows when park opens at 8:00 (without EE) were all 8:30 yesterday as well as 8:30 today at DL.

How can we work this?

Haven't seen my sister and her family in 2 years, they (her husband, daughter, and she) will come to Disney for 2 days next week to meet up.
One of these days we want to buy MaxPass. Our family will enter early with MM, and she will likely get into the park around 9:30am.
My hope is that we can load her tickets into my phone app, then I can buy all 8 MP so we can book FP together. Is this possible?

We often buy a 5 day ticket, but the 5th day is just for arrival night or departure morning (only used for a few hours). Since the increase in price to add a 5th ticket Day ( versus a 4 day ticket) was only $15 or less, we did it. But if we want to get MP, as I see it on the app, we have to buy MP for all 5 days. On that short day, MP would not be worth the $40 for our family. I can't see how to buy a 5 day ticket but only 4 days of MP other than to buy the tickets without MP and add MP each day when we enter the parks. This seems to take some minutes (10 minutes reported here) to be active, so we won't be able to book FP on the app right when we enter each day. Kind of crummy. Can't decide what to do here....Ideas that I'm missing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter