Max Occupancy in DVC Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney's BoardWalk Villas Deluxe Studio - Garden or Pool View
Enjoy this lovely lakeside Resort steeped in the colors, charm and romance of an old-fashioned boardwalk.

Sleeps 5
1 queen-size bed & 1 full-size sleeper sofa
Kitchenette
Full bath

The only BWV studio that might sleep five would be what they used to call the Studio Plus - a dedicated studio with a deacon's bench that can be used as a little tiny daybed. It's about crib sized.

But the kicker is, you can't request the Studio Plus. It's only the luck of the draw.

This has to be an error.

The only BWV studio that might sleep five would be what they used to call the Studio Plus - a dedicated studio with a deacon's bench that can be used as a little tiny daybed. It's about crib sized.

But the kicker is, you can't request the Studio Plus. It's only the luck of the draw.

This has to be an error.
At one time those were a separate booking category and could thus be guaranteed, but no more.

At one time those were a separate booking category and could thus be guaranteed, but no more.

We've stayed in a Studio Plus, over Wyland Galleries. I've requested it 3 times and got it. I know, it's not a guarantee, but I've been fortunate. We only had 4 in the room, but it was nice to have the day bed.

BTW..I requested the studio, directly over Wyland Galleries.

We've stayed in a Studio Plus, over Wyland Galleries. I've requested it 3 times and got it. I know, it's not a guarantee, but I've been fortunate. We only had 4 in the room, but it was nice to have the day bed.

BTW..I requested the studio, directly over Wyland Galleries.
You're lucky in that DVC seems to put little effort into requests nowadays.

I look at it this way, by allowing another person in a 1 bedroom, it causes in increase in utilities both water and electric to some extent and also increased wear and tear on the furniture and bedding and people wonder why we're seeing maintenance costs go up.

I look at it this way, by allowing another person in a 1 bedroom, it causes in increase in utilities both water and electric to some extent and also increased wear and tear on the furniture and bedding and people wonder why we're seeing maintenance costs go up.
Those are among the reasons why I feel they should not allow over, even the 5 in a 1 BR or 9 in a 2 BR for those not designed for such. There is a lot more to it than just utilities, unit damage and bedding though. There's also extra parking, pressure on the common amenities (pool, etc), more personnel costs, more damage to about everything else you can think of (road, sidewalk), one could go on and on.

I don't have the info to quantify the extra cost, I doubt anyone does as I'd bet the study has never been done, but it's not possibly to argue there isn't extra costs related, at least with a straight face. Usually when this comes up someone chimes in about other issues that also tend to increase costs. Smokers, young kids, slobs, etc; and all of those are true as well but meaningless in this discussion. They are both additive and independent. Two wrongs don't make a right so to speak. IMO, DVC should me more aggressive in charging damages to the responsible members, including those that smoke on the patio. At this point often someone chimes in that not every unit is over, some are under, like that is somehow helpful, it's not and it's assumed when occupancy and amenity decisions are made. By design, not all units will be at capacity but there is no allowance for overages. There are no carbon credits here.

I know many here look at the unit maximums and assume they are the intended occupancy but that is far from the case. The industry assumes that most studios will have 2, 1 BR will have 2-3 and a 2 BR will have 4-6. Many timeshares will fine you or kick you out if you're over, appropriately so. Thus hitting the intended max is really stuffing the room to a degree.

It's 4 at all resorts (plus 1 under 3).

And if you look at all the documentation, the "plus 1 under 3" isn't included. So, officially, four in a studio. They just go ahead and allow a small child who will sleep in the pack and play unofficially.

And if you look at all the documentation, the "plus 1 under 3" isn't included. So, officially, four in a studio. They just go ahead and allow a small child who will sleep in the pack and play unofficially.
That's correct, my understanding is the plus 1 under 3 is a Disney policy.

Disney's Old Key West Resort 1 Bedroom Villa
The ambiance of Key West permeates the pastel colors and gingerbread accents of this Victorian-themed Resort.

Sleeps 5
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa & 1 sleeper chair
Full kitchen
Washer/dryer
Full bathroom with whirlpool tub

:teacher:

Disney's Old Key West Resort 1 Bedroom Villa
The ambiance of Key West permeates the pastel colors and gingerbread accents of this Victorian-themed Resort.

Sleeps 5
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa & 1 sleeper chair
Full kitchen
Washer/dryer
Full bathroom with whirlpool tub

:teacher:

And that one is correct. It does sleep five now.

No. They only way would be if one was a child under the age of 3 and it was one of the 1-bedrooms that officially sleep 5.

Is it possible, yes mom and dad can sleep in living room, 3 teens in King bed
4th teen in Jacuzzi tub.

Fire Marshall says no as it really creates Hugh Flames on the Disboards.

If you're traveling with 4 teens, you are obviously not looking for relaxation. Can it be done...sure (minus the fire marshall). I might go with a 1 BR and a studio on another floor for me (just kidding)

A couple of downsides.
- If the teens are girls. 1 bathroom.... hope you don't have plans to get anywhere.

-4 boys....definitely make them go in the pool everyday...to blow the stink off of them. All clothes immediate into washer machine otherwise 2 days in it will smell like a locker room:rotfl:

Unless you are cooking a lot, 2 studios would probably be a better plan.

Remember you can still make sandwiches and other fairly easy meals in the studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter