Marathon Weekend 2020

Someone talk me down: We leave for a 7 night cruise on Sept 7 and I'm SERIOUSLY considering adding a one-day park ticket before just to experience SWGE with all the crazies. Sure, it could wait until Marathon weekend but this sounds like a bigger challenge than Dopey...
No talking you down. I’d be right there with ya!

So do you think I’m making a poor decision not planning a day for HS?
This is definitely a personal decision. I was just stating that regardless of Star Wars, I personally can't travel all the way to WDW and not ride ToT at least once. I'll take down the crowds with a light saber before skipping that park. Also, I have an AP so it's easier for me to make that decision because I can just pop in, ride ToT, and go to a different park.

Someone talk me down: We leave for a 7 night cruise on Sept 7 and I'm SERIOUSLY considering adding a one-day park ticket before just to experience SWGE with all the crazies. Sure, it could wait until Marathon weekend but this sounds like a bigger challenge than Dopey...

You're in the wrong place if you think people here are going to talk you out of anything ;)

I know all of us hate waiting in lines. But when you stop and think about it. How long do we "wait" for each race to start at Disney. Especially those of us not in Corral A.
At least those peeps in the GE lines won't have to run a marathon after waiting for multiple hours :)

So do y'all think my wait for country bears will be less now as a result of SWGE?

And that's just to ride the attraction in Disneyland when it opens in May.

I will say, regardless of the waits on the attractions, Pandora is traversable now. I’m less optimistic about how long it will take GE to get to that point. My only reason for optimism is that because it is supposed to be virtually identical on both coasts there might be some minimal crowd dispersion in that way.
I also think overall popularity will play a huge part. Flight of Passage is a tremendous attraction, but I don't think Avatar is in the same neighborhood in terms of popularity as Star Wars. If Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance are attractions on par with Flight of Passage, it will be very interesting to see how long before the lines calm down. Because I still don't think Flight of Passage has acceptable standby wait times.

I should save this for SAFD or closer to January, but how many of you are planning on skipping HS altogether marathon weekend to avoid the GE madness?
My running life won't be complete without medal photos in front the Millennium Falcon. And just wait until Rival Run 2020.

I don't spend much overall time in parks during marathon weekend to start, but right now I'm thinking I'll probably visit DHS every day for an hour or two, lol! #StarWarsgeek
Only an hour or two?!? You're optimistic. But obviously another #StarWarsGeek here too.

If you want to avoid the crowds definitely don't go to DHS but I am thinking everything will be more crowded overall.
I'm figuring the same thing. The Star Tours relaunch caused attendance to increase and that was a overhaul for a 20+ year old attraction. This involves getting to fly the Millennium Falcon. And more.

So do y'all think my wait for country bears will be less now as a result of SWGE?
I really want to see a Forest Moon of Endor show where the Ewoks sing like the Country Bear Jamboree. But in Ewokese. No translation.

At least those peeps in the GE lines won't have to run a marathon after waiting for multiple hours
That's their loss. Hours of waiting for a 5 minute ride or months of training and hours of waiting for a 3-6 hour experience that you can customize to fit your needs and then a medal and celebration with friends. I really think we are the winners in this battle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter