Marathon Weekend 2020

I should save this for SAFD or closer to January, but how many of you are planning on skipping HS altogether marathon weekend to avoid the GE madness?

Right now, I’m leaning heavily:
Friday - MK
Saturday - AK
Sunday - MK
Monday - Epcot

(Yes, I’m an overplanner. Yes, I will mull this over for 9 months.)

Can’t be worse than the parks the two Marathon Weekends before this year. I could barely move in any of the parks in the days around New Years. GE will surely be bad, but the rest of the park might be manageable. If nothing else plan my 3 FP and not really worry if I can get on anything else.

ETA: Depending on how anyone is purchasing tickets it may be worthwhile to monitor how things are going at HS, both as a whole and GE specifically, before spending on an extra day of tickets or adding park hoppers.

I should save this for SAFD or closer to January, but how many of you are planning on skipping HS altogether marathon weekend to avoid the GE madness?

Friday - MK
Saturday - AK
Sunday - MK
Monday - Epcot

I'm assuming the huge crowds for Star Wars will make it easier to ride ToT and RnRC. If this assumption proves incorrect, you'll find us in Epcot.

I'm assuming the huge crowds for Star Wars will make it easier to ride ToT and RnRC. If this assumption proves incorrect, you'll find us in Epcot.

I actually think it's likely to make those lines longer. That's what's happened in AK since Pandora. It will drive up general attendance at HS and once they've done what they can on Star Wars rides, they'll hit the rest of the park, I suspect.

I actually think it's likely to make those lines longer. That's what's happened in AK since Pandora. It will drive up general attendance at HS and once they've done what they can on Star Wars rides, they'll hit the rest of the park, I suspect.

I was thinking that, too. Or people will go to HS, discover GE waits are too long and do everything else. Plus, Slinky Dog Dash will likely still be a big draw.

Friday - MK
Saturday - AK
Sunday - MK
Monday - Epcot

I’ll join you in the over planners club...
Thurs - AK
Fri - MK
Sat- none
Sun -MK
Mon -Epcot
Tue - debating if I’ll do a park or not.

Friday - MK
Saturday - AK
Sunday - MK
Monday - Epcot

Not me, I am headed there right after I go to Totche Station and get some power converters.

Not me, I am headed there right after I go to Totche Station and get some power converters.

Kudos to anyone willing to brave those crowds and wait for who-knows-how-long to go on the rides. I tip my hat to your commitment and dedication. I love Star Wars (to the extent that I will defend 2/3 prequels with my dying breath), but from a completely pragmatic perspective, I am just not willing to wait in line for much of anything for more than an hour (let alone what the actual what times will be in GE come January 2020). I'd rather spread that time over multiple attractions (most likely in another park it seems).

Again, no hate (we all know that leads to the dark side), just not my cup of tea. Good luck to all of you hardcore Disney commandos planning to conquer Galaxy's Edge.

Kudos to anyone willing to brave those crowds and wait for who-knows-how-long to go on the rides. I tip my hat to your commitment and dedication. I love Star Wars (to the extent that I will defend 2/3 prequels with my dying breath), but from a completely pragmatic perspective, I am just not willing to wait in line for much of anything for more than an hour (let alone what the actual what times will be in GE come January 2019). I'd rather spread that time over multiple attractions (most likely in another park it seems).

Again, no hate (we all know that leads to the dark side), just not my cup of tea. Good luck to all of you hardcore Disney commandos planning to conquer Galaxy's Edge.
I will also be down there for nearly 2 weeks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter