• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have found myself in the middle of a mutinous mob of spectators incredibly angry theyre being herded across the race route The way they are. A few of them were being mean and booing runners because they think “if you sign up for a race here you should be able to dodge people”
I remember in 2016 I’d went to Epcot on W&D half day to get some 10k medal pictures with Joy and Saddness and get my AP gift for my third tap into the park and I was cussed at spit at and had guests trying to rip my medal from my neck cause I was ruining their trip

Congrats everyone! I was seriously impressed that the bar next to Everest was open when I passed at 7:25 :eek: That is way earlier than I've ever seen before.

The temperature started to get to me around mile 20, but I was able to hold sub 3:45. (3:43:38). Thanks @DopeyBadger!:thumbsup2

Time to shower and waddle my way around World Showcase :drinking1

Congrats on hitting your goal!

Thirsty River has opened between 7 and 730 each of the past three years. We were the first customers in 2017. Did you grab a beer on the way by?

Congrats to all you finishers...it got hot out there for sure but what a gorgeous and magical day!

PR check in: 3:51:08 (25 second PR)

Congrats on the PR!

I remember in 2016 I’d went to Epcot on W&D half day to get some 10k medal pictures with Joy and Saddness and get my AP gift for my third tap into the park and I was cussed at spit at and had guests trying to rip my medal from my neck cause I was ruining their trip
Those people need to get a grip - sorry you had that

I’m new here, but I want to share my PR: 3:23:18!!! My first marathon in 2016 was 4:43. Last year I had trained for the WDW marathon but was hospitalized with spinal meningitis 2 weeks before the race. This was a big deal for me to overcome all that and race today. . Thanks for everyone’s awesome advice about the race it made this weekend a lot better experience, your insights and tips are so helpful. I’ll try to chip in and participate more in the future. Congrats to everyone who ran this weekend, I’m sure there are lots of stories of personal triumphs and happy memories, as well as a few disappointments. Last year I was so disappointed, but it made this year all the sweeter.

I’m new here, but I want to share my PR: 3:23:18!!! My first marathon in 2016 was 4:43. Last year I had trained for the WDW marathon but was hospitalized with spinal meningitis 2 weeks before the race. This was a big deal for me to overcome all that and race today. . Thanks for everyone’s awesome advice about the race it made this weekend a lot better experience, your insights and tips are so helpful. I’ll try to chip in and participate more in the future. Congrats to everyone who ran this weekend, I’m sure there are lots of stories of personal triumphs and happy memories, as well as a few disappointments. Last year I was so disappointed, but it made this year all the sweeter.

Congrats on the new PR!

RUNDISNEY ALL-STARS!!

Let’s keep it real simple, for this week’s Sundays are for Disney, I just wanna know...how’s everyone holding up? It’s been a long weekend and today was especially toasty.

Congrats to everyone who participated in any way, shape or form this weekend.

Congrats to all our marathoners today, and cheers to all of these fantastic PRs!!! Keep up the awesome work for those of you still out there in the sun!
I am checking in from snowy PA, and I’d much rather be with you all - either on the course or cheering you to the finish!!!!! Totally with you in spirit!!

RUNDISNEY ALL-STARS!!

Let’s keep it real simple, for this week’s Sundays are for Disney, I just wanna know...how’s everyone holding up? It’s been a long weekend and today was especially toasty.

Congrats to everyone who participated in any way, shape or form this weekend.
My husband PR’d his half marathon (1:57:10 official) and his marathon (4:27:33 unofficial) times completing his first Goofy challenge. He apparently wants to do Dopey next year.

He’s only in pain on his butt where it seems his shorts were rubbing again him which is a great improvement over last year post race.

I did well with my drinking.

This race was not an example of my better decison making. As @LSUlakes said, the sun and humidity made things rough starting at about ESPN and the long road stretches in the sun after it were pretty brutal.

No special achievements today other than finishing the Goofy. Time for a shower and a nap, in that order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter