Highly recommend you log in and check all of your personal information before race registration opens. The overlay being used for runDisney contained an address that has not been valid for me for 3 years.

Both of my last resort stays have pulled this address from some database, despite the actual reservation having the correct address, and changing it with the front desk CM both times did not address the issue.

I was afraid to go all the way to the payment page, but does anyone know if there is an opportunity to get a discount (AP, DVC, Disney VISA) on merchandise purchases? That has always been the downside for preorders.

No, there's no discounts on merchandise when preordering online unfortunately. I wish they did as well.

I guess I will just go there tomorrow ... for research purposes, you know. And because it's actually real money if I don't put it on my MagicBand.

I like this Tiki Bar 5k idea!
If you can find a way to hang one of the souvenear tiki mugs around your neck when you are done imbibing...that might be a good medal replacement. Make a few stops to take pics with characters in the bar. And when you leave, lift you hands high in the air and run through the door, then stop about 10 yards away, put your hands on your hips and catch your breath. Wait for someone to hand you fake cheese.

Done.

Right? I knew it was gonna be at the $600 mark but it's well enough over for me to eyeroll. If this wasn't my first and probably only Dopey, I would most likely pass. But I mentally committed and we have so much awesome stuff planned and I want all the medals, so fine runDisney TAKE MY MONEY.

This will be my first and only Dopey and I’m getting some serious sticker shock. I knew it’d be over $600, but I’m seriously beginning to consider doing the 10k and the full.

It doesn’t help that I got my official quotes on WDW and one day at UO on Friday and I need new shoes...

*grumble grumble*

This will be my first and only Dopey and I’m getting some serious sticker shock. I knew it’d be over $600, but I’m seriously beginning to consider doing the 10k and the full.

It doesn’t help that I got my official quotes on WDW and one day at UO on Friday and I need new shoes...

*grumble grumble*
All the grumbles, for sure.

One day at UO is soooo pricey

Tell me about it. This is our first time going to UO and we only have a day. Since 4/5 of us are big HP fans, I got the two park tickets, plus we're staying onsite.

I look at the cost of this trip and think about how much I could get done around the house with that kind of money and I feel a little insane. I love these trips, the memories, the photos and the running, but it’s so much.

Okay, enough complaining out of me...

*grumble grumble*
Just do it. It’s a lot of fun to do at least once.

Or if you go to the movies a lot - you can go to Universal for free with 75,000 Regal points! That's how we are going in November.

Thanks for the support everyone! What is your favorite training plan? I have never used Jeff Galloway's but it seems to be easy to ease back into the saddle with. Thoughts?
I used the customized training program through Galloway’s website. Yes, you pay for it but worth it!

Tell me about it. This is our first time going to UO and we only have a day. Since 4/5 of us are big HP fans, I got the two park tickets, plus we're staying onsite.

I look at the cost of this trip and think about how much I could get done around the house with that kind of money and I feel a little insane. I love these trips, the memories, the photos and the running, but it’s so much.

Okay, enough complaining out of me...
You probably don't want to hear this, but if your party has huge Potter fans, then they may want/need/require/plead for the interactive wands that allow you to cast spells at different locations in both areas. The good news is that you can buy one wand and then everybody takes a turn, but at least be aware. And if it's not too crowded, you should be able to adequately experience Wizarding World. I spent a day at USO in April 2017 and enjoyed it. I didn't come close to seeing everything, but I also chose to focus over half of my day on Wizarding World shows, attractions, food, etc.

In my opinion, the value of a day at Universal especially with the park hopper tickets depends entirely on how much you either love the franchises represented there or outstanding themed entertainment. Many of their attractions are very well done, on par with what you find in Disney and arguably better in the case of Wizarding World.

If you love Harry Potter, it is spectacularly well done. IMO, Wizarding World also offers substantially more to do than Pandora. If you don't love Potter, but appreciate a very well done thematic experience, then Wizarding World fits the bill as well.

And if anyone loves dinosaurs/Jurassic Park, that area in Islands of Adventure is quite fun and you may even be able to meet a velociraptor. And yes, they act very much like they do in the two new movies. The raptor will try to scare someone in your group.

If you're ambivalent about all the franchises/IP in Universal, then it may not be the best value for you. In short, do your research and decide what makes the most sense for your group. And be aware that depending on the level of fandom your group has for Potter, that could get very expensive in food and merchandise on top of the park admission.

Now, a caution. I would not visit Universal the day before, the day of, or the day after any race. I feel this way entirely because you want to give your full attention to Universal on that day and one day before the race means you either must leave Universal early or you will get to bed late. Day after is tricky because you may want that day to rest and relax if at all possible. I went 2 days after 2017 Dark Side and it worked fine although I was still tired from the races, I was also able to fully enjoy Universal at whatever pace I felt like after the races.

I feel like we should move this debate over to the Running thread but... Coke > Pepsi.

The correct answer is Coke and it is not even close. The running thread welcomes the debate if you choose to bring it over lol.

*Edit to add, I started the discussion because I was bored. Will tag you got credit lol.

$623.61 for Dopey
$410.41 for Goofy
$200.40 for Full and Half
$133.25 for the 10K
$90.61 for the 5K

The fee for the 5k and 10k is crazy. I'm ok with the half and full price, but no way I would run the 5k or 10k at that price.

I do have college to pay for though...

#studentloans It's not the worse debt to have when its all said and done. It does suck making those payments though lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter