I've never looked at a Disney site with developer tools open before ... do they always log all of your personal data to the console? Or is that an active thing? Either way ... I'm not a fan.

I've never looked at a Disney site with developer tools open before ... do they always log all of your personal data to the console? Or is that an active thing? Either way ... I'm not a fan.
I don't believe they always do it. Could be part of the Active aspect but I believe they probably do it for convenience so people can registering faster without entering in all there personal data.

I don't believe they always do it. Could be part of the Active aspect but I believe they probably do it for convenience so people can registering faster without entering in all there personal data.

Yeah ... you can store that information in the front end without logging it to the console. I dont mind them storing it securely. This doesnt feel like it's being stored securely.
But I may not actually know what I'm talking about.

Processing fees to pay Track Shack for their part of the planning, maybe?

Track Shack gets paid regardless because they're the ones that own all the permits for race weekend and handle things like race certification. RunDisney is still just a "shell" for an arm of Disney Sports - just like how Disney Youth Events is another "shell".

I feel like we should move this debate over to the Running thread but... Coke > Pepsi.

SAFD: At WDW I am going to go with Peter Pan. At Disneyland I am going to go with Tea Cups. Reasons - Peter Pan was a ride I always avoiding at DL because the line was always ridiculously long. Then one night my husband and I were there and it seemed like any ride we wanted to right was closed and we were waiting on a FP for Space Mountain. So we decided to hop in line for Peter Pan. After waiting in line for like 45 minutes, we are finally on the ride and my mind was blown. I was so impressed and loved it so much! I couldn't believe I never rode this before. So when we finally went to WDW last year I made sure we got a FP for Peter Pan because we knew our DD would love it. Well WDW (as it does) has such a better queue for Peter Pan and I just liked the ride so much more there than at DL. As for my Disneyland answer, when I think of Disneyland, I always think of riding the Tea Cups. It's a must do for me and the ones at DL are so much better than the ones at WDW.

Side note: I have never been to the Tiki Room.
Interesting. Because while I agree that WDW has the far superior queue if you skip FastPass, I think Disneyland has a lot more detail during the ride itself.

I've only ridden Peter Pan once at each park. I will pay better attention at DL when we go in August and report back. I could have just been swept away in the magic of the queue. Haha.
Someone once said that the average Disney World visitor goes once every 5 years and the average Disneyland visitor goes at least once every year therefore Disneyland must spend more time on the little details in each attraction to keep visitors coming back. They use similar reasons for Disneyland giving Small World and Haunted Mansion holiday overlays whereas Disney World fears upset guests if they took those iconic attractions down for 2-3 months every single year to put up and take down the overlays.

Dude, I'm even balking at Goofy and thinking maybe just Marathon.

I'm better off with the number before the fee ... back when life is good and Dopey under $600 and Goofy registration began with a 3.
Right? I knew it was gonna be at the $600 mark but it's well enough over for me to eyeroll. If this wasn't my first and probably only Dopey, I would most likely pass. But I mentally committed and we have so much awesome stuff planned and I want all the medals, so fine runDisney TAKE MY MONEY.

Right? I knew it was gonna be at the $600 mark but it's well enough over for me to eyeroll. If this wasn't my first and probably only Dopey, I would most likely pass. But I mentally committed and we have so much awesome stuff planned and I want all the medals, so fine runDisney TAKE MY MONEY.

With 2017 being the big exception, I've always felt that the Dopey money was worth it.

Just don't have any desire to wake up early that many mornings these days. Maybe some day again.

I told my husband what the cost of Dopey was going to be and I think I witnessed his eyes actually pop out of his head. Oh well.
For the past couple of years, both DH and I have run Dopey, so $$$ X 2 = $$$$! It’s better when we each register on our separate credit cards. We just don’t do the math and it doesn’t look quite as bad when it’s not totaled up!

I was afraid to go all the way to the payment page, but does anyone know if there is an opportunity to get a discount (AP, DVC, Disney VISA) on merchandise purchases? That has always been the downside for preorders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter