Marathon Weekend 2018

Unrelated question: what website are you all using for photo hosting? I just realized photobucket is charging for photo hosting now so my trip report has a bunch of really awesome (sarcasm) gray boxes where my photos should be.

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone had a great week.

As always Sundays are for Disney!

Today's question: do you have a favorite Disney beverage?

My answer: right now I'd have to say the night blossom in Pandora at Pongu Pongu. I have to choose something non-alcoholic for the next two years ;)

The Beverly! (I'm joking!)

My honest answer, as much as I love to be an adventurous eater, my drink palette could use some expanding. Give me a Snakebite or a Blacksmith from R&C, and I'll be as happy as can be (and probably drunk from just one). But these drinks aren't unique to Disney. Any self-respecting pub should be able to do this (I'm looking at you, "British pub" by my house, who doesn't even have Guinness!)

A lot of the drinks at Disney look neat, but they all seem way too sweet for me.

Edit: a letter

Last edited:
Hard to answer, so I'll make a list. My very favorite is not particularly interesting - I prefer wine and California Grill has a cab franc by the glass that I really enjoy. Outside of wine, I'd say the bloody mary at the flower and garden festival is outstanding, the new black cherry mule at Geyser Point is really good and the grey goose slushie in France is tasty. Non-alcoholic favorite is milk, which I love all the time, but it's just a little more happy with mickey mouse on the carton.

Currently:
Alcoholic-blood orange margarita at la cava
Non-Alcoholic-Starbucks flat white. I would say water since I don't drink fruit juice or sweetened drinks but that's pretty boring and I looovvveee coffee.

Want to try:
Alcoholic: One of the dawa bar's bloody mary's-the one I want comes with bacon and I'm a pescatarian so I'll have to give DH the bacon
non alcoholic-those bottomless milkshakes are pretty tempting...LOL

Sunday Question:

As a strictly non-alcoholic drinker, there aren't a ton of things I drink outside of water at Disney. Most of the non-alcoholic drinks are targeted at kids (understandably) and I don't drink coffee. As a larger individual who is still trying to get down to a healthier weight I'm not much for milkshakes or fruity, sugary beverages as I don't enjoy them enough to stomach the empty calories. I'm not a calorie-counter at Disney, but there are certain things that set the alarm bells ringing anywhere.

Also, because most of my Disney vacations have been during race weekends or have been surface of the sun hot I am focused heavily on hydration. So water it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter