Marathon Weekend 2017!

I dig the blue/black color scheme. Fair to assume the expo will be well stocked with this gear?

The official race shirts have not been released, right?
Yes they should have all of this at the expo. Last year's color scheme was red and black.

The official race shirts won't be released until the day before or day of the expo.

I THINK this stuff will be at the expo. I bought a Sweaty Band at Tink this year similar to the one in this link, but it was red.

We likely will not see the race shirts until January 4...possibly the 3rd.
Yes the red was the 2016 color. I have a red shoe ornament. Now I just might have to get the blue one...

I finally caught DD26 between jobs and she is super excited with the thought of transferring down to the half! Now I just need all of your prayers, wishes and pixie dust that there will be spots open on Friday still when I get paid. She is flying SW so I am able to switch her to an earlier flight on Friday so she can get to the expo before it closes, with no change fees. I didn't even have to talk her into it - I suggested it and she said YES! lol. :)

I have to vent for a minute about my frustration with runDisney. I heard they are 2 weeks behind on transfers so I called to see my status (submitted 3 weeks ago) and they can't see my Dopey registration but I can on my active page. I actually have two Dopey registrations because I registered once and it didn't show up for a week, so they had me register again and that showed up right away. Then a week later the first one showed up. Fingers crossed I can get my money back soon!
Ridiculous! I'm mad on your behalf. Make sure you're emailing the address listed on the transfer form, not the normal rD Contact Us email - I had an issue with getting a transfer taken care of once and that was the only address that worked. Fingers crossed they fix this ASAP!

Question for those that have transferred down to the half - will they use the proof of time she submitted for the full to place her in a corral or will she have to go to runner relations at the expo? Also, is the "Active Confirmation Number" they are wanting on the transfer form (I know I have to call - I just wanted to have the form printed and filled out before I called to make sure I had all the info I needed) the same as the Registration ID? That is the only number I can find. I am planning on doing this for her so hopefully they won't give me any problems since she is an adult? I can just "be her" on the phone but I am using my bank card to register her so not sure how that will work. I am assuming they will refund the original registration (minus $45) to the card originally used to register her for the full?

Apparently, as I learned last month, it's common in Ironman races because of all the help the volunteers provide - wetsuit stripping, transition changing, bike racking, etc., in addition to the usual aid stations.

My only Ironman race was 14 years ago, but I didn't hear anything about triathlete-provided volunteer swag at the time. I wish I did, because the volunteers were awesome, and I would have happily given them swag! I very much like that this seems to be more common now.

I wish they would bring back the regular runDisney hoodies though, the ones with every mile is magic written down the sleeve. I've been dying for the dark gray one with orange lettering but I can't find it anywhere!

I finally caught DD26 between jobs and she is super excited with the thought of transferring down to the half! Now I just need all of your prayers, wishes and pixie dust that there will be spots open on Friday still when I get paid. She is flying SW so I am able to switch her to an earlier flight on Friday so she can get to the expo before it closes, with no change fees. I didn't even have to talk her into it - I suggested it and she said YES! lol. :)
Good luck!!
Question for those that have transferred down to the half - will they use the proof of time she submitted for the full to place her in a corral or will she have to go to runner relations at the expo? Also, is the "Active Confirmation Number" they are wanting on the transfer form (I know I have to call - I just wanted to have the form printed and filled out before I called to make sure I had all the info I needed) the same as the Registration ID? That is the only number I can find. I am planning on doing this for her so hopefully they won't give me any problems since she is an adult? I can just "be her" on the phone but I am using my bank card to register her so not sure how that will work. I am assuming they will refund the original registration (minus $45) to the card originally used to register her for the full?
I didn't transfer down but I did do a transfer - she'll need to just enter in a new Proof of Time. She does an entire new registration for the half. What I'm not sure about is how that will work since they look like they are ready to populate the database with bib numbers...that makes me think they have already been assigned. So if that is the case she'll want to be ready with a printout to take to Runner Relations at the expo. Not sure what they'll do for her if she needs to see them.

I used the Registration ID thing I got in my confirmation email. And yes, the refund goes to the original card used, minus the transfer fee. Based on what is going on with @MommaoffherRocker, be prepared for this to be a slooow process. :rolleyes2

Good luck!!

I didn't transfer down but I did do a transfer - she'll need to just enter in a new Proof of Time. She does an entire new registration for the half. What I'm not sure about is how that will work since they look like they are ready to populate the database with bib numbers...that makes me think they have already been assigned. So if that is the case she'll want to be ready with a printout to take to Runner Relations at the expo. Not sure what they'll do for her if she needs to see them.

I used the Registration ID thing I got in my confirmation email. And yes, the refund goes to the original card used, minus the transfer fee. Based on what is going on with @MommaoffherRocker, be prepared for this to be a slooow process. :rolleyes2

Thank you! Yeah, I figured it would be SLOW lol! It will go on her card then and she can just repay me. I will print out her proof of time from her race and send it to her with her magical express tag since I won't be going to the expo with her. I don't think she has access to a printer anymore.

Ridiculous! I'm mad on your behalf. Make sure you're emailing the address listed on the transfer form, not the normal rD Contact Us email - I had an issue with getting a transfer taken care of once and that was the only address that worked. Fingers crossed they fix this ASAP!
I called earlier but I just emailed them using that address, hopefully that will get results. The thing that baffles me is the people I get when I call the runDisney number. They have no clue about anything runDisney. She didn't know the races names etc she had to put me on hold to call another department and relay the information. She finally gave up and let me talk directly to the person in the other department who I think was from Active.com.

Thank you! Yeah, I figured it would be SLOW lol! It will go on her card then and she can just repay me. I will print out her proof of time from her race and send it to her with her magical express tag since I won't be going to the expo with her. I don't think she has access to a printer anymore.
They also have printers at bib pick up just in case.

I called earlier but I just emailed them using that address, hopefully that will get results. The thing that baffles me is the people I get when I call the runDisney number. They have no clue about anything runDisney. She didn't know the races names etc she had to put me on hold to call another department and relay the information. She finally gave up and let me talk directly to the person in the other department who I think was from Active.com.
And that's because you no longer get an rD person when you call - you get sent to the all-around WDW call center. That's a relatively recent change and once I was made aware of that, the stupidity all made sense! The email from the transfer form gets you to the people who actually handle registrations. :thumbsup2

Yeah, runDisney doesn't have their own customer service within their department. The calls just go to central customer service...frustrating.

And that's because you no longer get an rD person when you call - you get sent to the all-around WDW call center. That's a relatively recent change and once I was made aware of that, the stupidity all made sense! The email from the transfer form gets you to the people who actually handle registrations. :thumbsup2
Yep, not a good change. Even Club level guests at WDW resorts when they call don't talk to actual Club level concierges anymore. Its all at a call center.

Yeah, runDisney doesn't have their own customer service within their department. The calls just go to central customer service...frustrating.

Yep, not a good change. Even Club level guests at WDW resorts when they call don't talk to actual Club level concierges anymore. Its all at a call center.
Great... so when I call to try and transfer her to the half, most likely they won't know what I am talking about? Or will tell me it is too late? Grrrr I don't want to register her then be out the money if they won't let me transfer her when I call. So the suggestion is if they tell me no, just keep calling back until I get a cast member who says yes? :confused3

Great... so when I call to try and transfer her to the half, most likely they won't know what I am talking about? Or will tell me it is too late? Grrrr I don't want to register her then be out the money if they won't let me transfer her when I call. So the suggestion is if they tell me no, just keep calling back until I get a cast member who says yes? :confused3
If they don't know, maybe ask if you can talk to someone from Active like @MommaoffherRocker mentioned. They are the ones actually doing the tranfers (which I think is what @PrincessV is referencing).

I actually asked someone on the phone if they worked for runDisney when I was trying to call rD customer service and they said no. Made me think it was a kid in the CP or something.

Jeff will have pacers at WDW this year according to what he said on the Mickey miles and more podcast recently.

Our local Galloway leader actually asked us if my husband and I wanted to be pacers for W&D (we didn't run that this year) or for marathon weekend. I was really tempted to say yes for marathon weekend, but I've had such a problem-prone training season this year, I don't feel confident to pace a race. But, if Galloway keeps offering pacers, then Chris and I will definitely be looking to do it one of these years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter