MAJOR changes to Genie+!

I think if the time to buy G+ changed to 7 am from midnight the blogs would've been reporting that by 12:02 am and again at 7:01 am.
So I guess I'm more interested to see if it sold out at some point today? I mean it's 2:00 pm now, can it still be purchased? Maybe somoene with an annual pass can try to make a dummy park reservation and see if it allows them to buy it?

So I guess I'm more interested to see if it sold out at some point today? I mean it's 2:00 pm now, can it still be purchased? Maybe somoene with an annual pass can try to make a dummy park reservation and see if it allows them to buy it?

I am too. We are going in November and added it to our length of stay tickets months ago. I selfishly hope they limit sales a bit.

I'm an AP holder. I went to do your little experiment. However, there is no availability for park passes today for AP holders, so I can't even try to buy Genie+. I booked a pass for tomorrow, and will make the attempt to buy Genie+ in the afternoon.

I'm an AP holder. I went to do your little experiment. However, there is no availability for park passes today for AP holders, so I can't even try to buy Genie+. I booked a pass for tomorrow, and will make the attempt to buy Genie+ in the afternoon.
I went to buy genie+ without a park pass and it let me get as far as the final checkout screen. I stopped there so as not to be charged. I guess you don't need a park pass to buy G+. I'm an AP holder but all 5 of my park reservations are currently tied up on other dates.

Reactions: CJK
I don't know that triple stacking is that common. This seems like it is a solution in search of a problem.
On arrival day I have done 3 stacked with if getting to a park late. However I’m fine with it being removed, but also don’t love it if the next times are really far out and then I hit the 2 hour mark twice before I’ve used a pass. But that just doesn’t happen that often.

I don't know that triple stacking is that common. This seems like it is a solution in search of a problem.
I triple stacked LLs on my Hollywood Studios day during my May trip. I was able to stack while I was doing a mid day pool break at my resort. If this rumor ends up being true then this could potentially help with LL availability for people actually in the park/coming in later rather than people who aren't even in the park taking up all of the LLs.

Oh boy, we often stack rides for the evening. We lounge by the pool, and stack rides every 2hrs. At MK a couple weeks ago, we had 4 rides booked before we arrived at the park (booked at 7am, 11am, 1pm & 3pm). This will drastically change the way we've been planning our days.

I will be really upset if stacking is no longer an option. We plan on stacking on arrival day because we won't get to MK until around 4:30, and then stacking for some evenings as we will RD, resort break, then back for the evenings in a different park. I've built our entire park schedule/reservations and ADRs around this.

I am too. We are going in November and added it to our length of stay tickets months ago. I selfishly hope they limit sales a bit.
They won't. They will just raise the price. There is no way they will turn away guests except maybe on the handful of busiest days of the year.

They won't. They will just raise the price. There is no way they will turn away guests except maybe on the handful of busiest days of the year.
They will turn away guests from buying. IMO they have figured out it's not working with this many people using it. It's going to suck but people are just going to have to accept that waiting in line is part of the experience now.

They will turn away guests from buying. IMO they have figured out it's not working with this many people using it. It's going to suck but people are just going to have to accept that waiting in line is part of the experience now.
I guess we will see. I don't see it happening in any meaningful way. The price will go up. Disney will claim guests want the higher price to increase utility, and round and round we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter