MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

I didn't realize I could just use my apple watch. Do you just need to have the MDE app on the watch for that to work? And you just tap in as if it was a magic band?
You need to add a MagicMobile Pass to your iPhone Wallet, then link it to your watch. See instructions HERE.

Anyone estimate what the margins are on these?
Would be shocked if it wasn't $20+ even on the base model. These aren’t much more sophisticated bar the Bluetooth pairing and rechargeable battery than the wristbands Coldplay gave out free to every ticket holder a few years back on their stadium tour. Bluetooth chips and rechargeable batteries are cheap. There's nothing expensive here component wise, and they'll be manufactured very cheaply.

FIRST LOOK: MagicBand+ Features, Customization Options, and More Soft Launch in App at Walt Disney World

And this morning, we noticed that the My Disney Experience app allows us to add our MagicBand+ to the roster of paired MagicBands, and unlocks some of its features.

We were prompted to pair our MagicBand+ to our phone via Bluetooth.

7CBF8631-78B6-4F61-ACCB-3D2E6E648E14.jpeg

F4A0FD03-92E1-45F2-9AD8-DFC63A0F7024.jpeg

Random thought but with them having a charging port etc... are these waterproof?

I’m still waiting to find out whether the puck will be removable, so that a watchband slider for it would be feasible!

I’m still waiting to find out whether the puck will be removable, so that a watchband slider for it would be feasible!
I found a write-up from wdwnt.com that showed screws on the back of the MB+ just like with regular MBs. They also stated in the write-up that the puck was removable (but didn't show any pictures of it removed).

(Remember when we'd get one included in the cost of the hotel reservation?!)

And remember that the "sainted" Iger was CEO when that happened... As he was when so much of what people complain about (Genie+, etc.) were announced - meaning they were well underway under his leadership.

I'm not saying Chapek is perfect - but neither was Iger.

FIRST LOOK: How to Play the “Disney Fab 50 Quest” with Your MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World

Despite not officially debuting until July 27, the MagicBand+ is now able to connect to the My Disney Experience app thanks to a recent update. With this, new features like color themes are available and now, the Disney Fab 50 Quest is live as well. We’re here to help you navigate the newest features of the MagicBand+, starting with this interactive, in-park experience.

Disney Fab 50 Quest​

Disney Fab 50 Quest

The Disney Fab 50 Quest is a game that popped up on the Play Disney app.

magicBand update 11

This game can be played all across the Walt Disney World parks. The object is to help Tinker Bell spread pixie dust for the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary. You’ll be looking for golden statues of various characters and collecting them with your MagicBand+.

magicBand update 7

Like the image indicates, you will be able to play this game in Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and EPCOT. Now that the basics are out of the way, let’s jump into the game.

Disney Fab 50 Quest Instructions​

fab 50 2

*click for additional info

so is this going to be a nightmare tomorrow trying to secure one? :rotfl: I have a stay at CSR but it's not until Feb, not sure if that will make a difference.

I am wondering if they will prioritize the MB's in order of arrival date. Kind of like pre-orders. We have a little over 2 weeks (6 more days to order Magic Bands), I am not sure if we will get the new ones, no one will play the games and we have plenty of bands from previous stays. I'll check in the morning and see if there is anything that looks interesting. I do think it would make sense to sell them to people with earlier arrival dates. Who knows? I'm preparing for a lot of "Stitch Ate the Page" tomorrow morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter