MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

I was going to comment on the same thing. My Darth Vader one slipped off my wrist a few times last week. That has never ever happened with regular magic bands. My guess is the bands are more cheaply made so the nubs aren't as thick. Or the fact that there are more holes on them to accommodate larger and smaller wrists may be causing the problem.

I didn't notice more holes until now, but now that you mention it, I do think there are more. If I was a bettin' woman (and I've played my share of the Power Ball and Mega Millions LOL) my money is on the nubs not being as thick...or the holes a smidge larger...or the bands a smidge thinner...

Either way, Paycheck saved a dime, and we are out a MagicBand+. I had a cast member ask me about the "plusses and minuses" and I asked if they had a few minutes. They were genuinely interested. I was honest. They indicated we were not the first to share some of the frustrations (that had nothing to do with shipping delays). They said everyone commented on the shipping, but most ALSO commented on the various troubles. I said it was still new technology, and we *must* expect (as early adopters) to be patient. But the hassle of the lost band due to the manufacturing is one frustration where I do draw the line at being patient LOL, since I'm out a MagicBand+ AND about $35.

I have some of those silicone security bands from my old magicbands & I'm wondering if they'll fit the plus.

So long as it's a security band, I'd suggest trying it to see.

If you have one of those "Disney Vacation Club" sliders (or AP slider, or any other kind) - you know, the kind that are like $80 on eBay right now, I wouldn't risk it...

I still have yet to get any emails, but I noticed tonight while paying bills that a pending charge for my purchase from day one appeared yesterday. Went to my MDE account and it's showing shipped with a tracking number. Now to see if it arrives before I depart early afternoon Thursday next week.

Halloween MagicBand+ Debuts at Walt Disney World

Halloween merchandise continues to creep into Walt Disney World, and the latest offering is a new MagicBand+ design!

Halloween MagicBand+ – $44.99

halloween magicband 1

Not sure this is the right thread for this, but having slight issue with my MB+. Believe there was an error during the install/update. If I do a full reset (hold it for 10+ seconds) & unpair it, I can get it to reconnect & pair and says fully updated. But after that, every time I open up the Disney app and go to the MB+ area, my MB+ flashes red and isn't able to connect with the app. Just says "Status Unknown". It is fully charged. It "says" there is an Update ready (despite it already being fully updated), but if I click it it gives me a generic error about issue during install and to try again, but the download/install button on bottom doesn't do anything/is grayyed out. Gives me the option to change settings/colors, but that doesn't do anything. Only when I do a reset & pair again does it allow me to change settings/colors.

I won't be at Disney World for another week, so unsure if any of the + abilities will work or not. I know park scanning / ILL will be fine. If despite this issue it does actually work with all the added functionality, then I'll deal with it and be fine. Would just need to repaid every time I would want to see the battery life or change the settings. I'm kinda leaning towards all the + stuff will likely still work I hope lol)

Has anyone ran into this issue before? It did actually connect correctly after re-opening the app once. So could be my phone bluetooth connection or something.

got an email that my personalized bands are being shipped! I ordered them on 7/27 and my Disney hotel trip is in February, but I have a Swan stay next month, so excited that I will have them!

Anyone know if we can pair another person’s MB+ to the phone, even if they have their own MDE? My DB technically has his own account (set up by my sister under her alternate email.), but since he’s special needs and doesn’t have a phone, DSIs and I manage any plans with him. He got the MB+ For our upcoming trip, but we can’t figure out how to link it to our phones.

I wanted to order our MBs from Disney Shop prior to our arrival, but the selection is pretty slim. If I recall, the stores at Disney Village and in the parks have hundreds. Am I recalling correctly? If that's the case, I want to try to time our arrival to have time to swing by DV and pick up some fun ones...
Thanks!

Haven't seen them in the last few weeks, but generally, yes... Disney Springs and the Parks have a large selection of Magic Bands.

Wanted to provide some info regarding charging a MB+ puck that is not in the band for those who are like me and prefer to wear the puck in a holder that slides onto a watch band. The MB+ charger is designed to clip onto the MB to secure the connection to the charging contacts. A puck outside of its band doesn't clip into the charger, so it's not able to make a solid connection on its own. Having to put it back into a band each night to charge seems more than a little annoying. Until someone comes up with a specially designed adapter to help with this problem, I'm using a small rubber band to secure the puck to the charger and maintain a solid connection with the charging contacts.

Wanted to provide some info regarding charging a MB+ puck that is not in the band for those who are like me and prefer to wear the puck in a holder that slides onto a watch band. The MB+ charger is designed to clip onto the MB to secure the connection to the charging contacts. A puck outside of its band doesn't clip into the charger, so it's not able to make a solid connection on its own. Having to put it back into a band each night to charge seems more than a little annoying. Until someone comes up with a specially designed adapter to help with this problem, I'm using a small rubber band to secure the puck to the charger and maintain a solid connection with the charging contacts.
Thanks for this - I love my MB2 watch slider and was hoping the MB+ would fit, but when DH's MB+ arrived, it confirmed my suspicions that it needed to remain intact in order to fit the charger. It also looked like the puck wouldn't fit in my watch slider, although we didn't remove the puck to try it.

So did the MB+ puck fit into a MB2 watch slider?

I was thinking I'd just stay with a MB2, but if the MB+ puck fits in the watch slider, I might be tempted to buy one of the MB+ since they have such pretty, distinctive pucks!

Anyone know if we can pair another person’s MB+ to the phone, even if they have their own MDE? My DB technically has his own account (set up by my sister under her alternate email.), but since he’s special needs and doesn’t have a phone, DSIs and I manage any plans with him. He got the MB+ For our upcoming trip, but we can’t figure out how to link it to our phones.

If you just wanted to link it to update it and change the settings could you just log into his account from your phone and do all that? I guess that wouldn't help for some of the gameplay in the parks (not sure if you would use this anyway without a phone) or the fireworks but it would get it set up?

No, the MB+ pucks don't fit into MB2 watch sliders. They are a little bigger. But there are already sellers on Etsy with MB+ sliders available.
Thanks! I had kind of given up the idea of buying a MB+, so I hadn't checked Etsy for a slider. I'll keep an eye on the MB+ selection for APs and if I see one with a really cute puck, I might just get it after all!

Got our bands for our upcoming trip to WDW in February. We will be staying at Boardwalk Villa. Can't wait

Ps: I have android phone, no issues pairing all th bands and updating them

20220905-114936-01.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter