Magic Key Program

Were the earlier reports (in this thread) that Magic Key holders couldn't use the hotel bucket erroneous? Or did Disney change their policy, presumably because of customer complaints?
I think Disney changed it, not sure if due to complaints or due to opening up FL APs which allowed it, but it did not work when MKs were first available for purchase.

Not sure if anyone else got them, but our MK welcome gifts arrived yesterday in the mail.
Yay! It's good to know they actually exist. I hope mine arrive soon! Ordered my key the first morning of the first day they went on sale, but of course that means nothing when you're talking about Disney :D

Yay! It's good to know they actually exist. I hope mine arrive soon! Ordered my key the first morning of the first day they went on sale, but of course that means nothing when you're talking about Disney :D
I got mine on Thursday. They are shipping from San Diego. I’m guessing they are going out in daily batches.

We got our Magic Keys opening day, but we haven’t gotten the gifts yet.
If I buy a Magic Key pass today but don’t actually go to Disneyland and use the pass until November, will I still be a Charter member and get the package in the mail?
Thanks for any info
Since it talks about “purchasing” and not “activating,” that would suggest yes, but I don’t think it’s been 100% confirmed that that’s how it works anywhere that I’ve seen.

We didn’t buy our MKs until they had been on sale for a couple of weeks, but we got our boxes about 10 days ago (while we were at DLR!).

Do you mean that you received them AT DLR? or that they arrived in your mail on a day when you were at DLR?

I was one of the ones who had a set of tickets to use the day that Magic Key initially went on sale. Due to all of the glitches we were not able to upgrade that day. Bought and paid for our MK in full that day and just put those tickets aside.

After a phone call, two emails to Guest Services and an in person visit to GS at DL last month I was finally able to get a refund on those two tickets today at the ticket booth. The lines were incredibly long last month and it was 90+ degrees. Was not standing in those lines. Today, no lines and a very knowledgeable CM who took care of it. Finally! 🙂

A few notes:
After several days of October being "sold out" except for very sporadic cancellations, they added/moved some inventory yesterday. Today, as of 10am, both parks are still open for reservations, and this weekend is open, too. This is only the 2nd time in October that same-day reservations have existed for Magic Keys after the parks open.

December currently has no DL-start days available. Every Monday-Thursday is open for DCA start, nothing is open for any Friday-Sunday.

So far, no date has "sold out" the day it's released to Magic Keys. Saturdays (and holidays) go by far the earliest. For January, the first two Saturdays are sold out, and Saturday the 15th is DL-start only, but all other days are open for both parks.

Next-day reservations have consistently been pretty available in the evenings. I try to check in 3-4 times a night, just out of curiosity, and usually at least one park is open when I check. Of course, I've been basing this off of this availability calendar (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/av...egments=ticket,ph,ap,resort&defaultSegment=ap), and as mentioned on other threads, it appears that cancellations may be Magic Key-level specific, so YMMV depending on what level of Key you have. But I'd say that at this point, if you have the ability to make next-day reservations in the evening and are willing to refresh a lot, you can feel pretty confident about getting in.

Assuming all of my reservations slots are full, once I enter the turnstile, I can make my next reservation, right?
Yes, that is how it has worked for us.

Assuming all of my reservations slots are full, once I enter the turnstile, I can make my next reservation, right?

I have not been able to do this. I am always maxed out on my reservations and have found you have to wait until after midnight on the day of your current reservation to make the next one. I was trying to make a reservation on my last visit for a future date and it would not let me, even though I was already in the park.

I was able to get a reservation starting in DL for tomorrow (Thursday) last night around 9pm. I'm planning to do some Christmas shopping at the Lego store so figured I would hop on the monorail and grab some lunch in the park beforehand. Worked out well.

I have not been able to do this. I am always maxed out on my reservations and have found you have to wait until after midnight on the day of your current reservation to make the next one. I was trying to make a reservation on my last visit for a future date and it would not let me, even though I was already in the park.
Oh, interesting. I’m going this afternoon, so I’ll try again and report back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter