Magic Key Program

Oh dude! You’re right! I swear I checked this feature the first day I bought my pass (first day it came out) and using that hotel link showed there were no associated tickets to make a reservation with! This is much much better news…
Yiu are correct because I did the same thing and it would not recognize MK pass in the hotel park reservation bucket. I might have to see now this works with my reservations.

You won't have to. From the Disneyland website, look at your hotel reservation and click on manage reservations. There's a link to make theme park reservations. There's no reason to book through your Tickets or Magic Key if staying onsite. I saw this yesterday. If you are staying onsite, all of your days are available to start in either park.

Wow! This was not the case when I bought the passes because I spoke to multiple CMs on the phone and they all confirmed you needed a valid park reservation subject to our ticket's restrictions. We are staying on-site in November and we got our reservations screwed up and nothing is available for MKs. Now, magically, there is a button for park reservations and ALL days are available. I guess I can stop stalking the MK dates.

Now just bring back early entry for hotel guests (to California Adventure at least).

Let’s suppose I buy an Imagine Key. When does my 365 day clock start ticking?

a) when I buy the pass?
b) when I make the first reservation?
c) when I use the first reservation?

💦 RAIN! 💦 One of my first thoughts at o'dark hundred this morning: I'm sure glad I cancelled my Magic Key park reservation for today. LOL.

This was an extremely rough week for me and I had booked today (Fri, 10/8) as a 'reward' for the last two weeks of prep & delivery. I'd be past my hurdle and looking forward to a celebration getaway at DL. On Wed my DH changed my plans a bit with some new news and I cancelled, somewhat grudgingly, my Fri reservation. Now? I'm so glad. DH came home last night and he is my 'reward' as we sip coffee listening to the rain. Lovely.

Sharing for those who do pin trading - the trading boards are back in the park in a few places. I was surprised to them - CM said they came back last week.

I saw a few of them when I was there in early August too and traded at some of them. They've been slowly coming back. Glad to hear it sounds like they're adding even more back.

Oh dude! You’re right! I swear I checked this feature the first day I bought my pass (first day it came out) and using that hotel link showed there were no associated tickets to make a reservation with! This is much much better news…

Now the question is… if I check in Saturday and check out Sunday, can I reserve a Saturday and Sunday with that hotel bucket… or just one day (either?) or what? Lol

I’m staying a bunch of days that I already have the pass reserved, then going over to Universal for a day and then back at Disney for one night before flying home. So I want in the park Saturday since I’ll be there around 11am after driving from Universal and in the park Sunday since my flight isn’t till 7pm…

Curious what the system will let me do…
Just to be clear before I buy magic keys for my family…It has changed and now if you have a hotel reservation and a magic key, you can reserve days for the entire length of your stay? Is that correct?!

The above reply is correct. You are still limited to how many active reservations the key allows, but the resort bucket so far has remained *extremely* robust with its availability. There was one Saturday in October that showed DCA starting only, but everything else was wide open when all other buckets had a lot of either single starting park days or flat out “sold out” days, even the single day ticket bucket.

My belief is that they are really trying to always have the resort bucket be an option, even for next day reservations or a few days away. I’ll have used my first two reservations on Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th and just need two reservations (above my 6 limit) for Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th. So far observing that bucket, making a new one from it on the 16th for a day seven days later shouldn’t be a problem at all…

The above reply is correct. You are still limited to how many active reservations the key allows, but the resort bucket so far has remained *extremely* robust with its availability. There was one Saturday in October that showed DCA starting only, but everything else was wide open when all other buckets had a lot of either single starting park days or flat out “sold out” days, even the single day ticket bucket.

My belief is that they are really trying to always have the resort bucket be an option, even for next day reservations or a few days away. I’ll have used my first two reservations on Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th and just need two reservations (above my 6 limit) for Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th. So far observing that bucket, making a new one from it on the 16th for a day seven days later shouldn’t be a problem at all…
That is such a great explanation and puts my mind at ease for getting reservations. Thank you for the response!

Were the earlier reports (in this thread) that Magic Key holders couldn't use the hotel bucket erroneous? Or did Disney change their policy, presumably because of customer complaints?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter