Magic Key Program

Hmmmm… so I will need to go to the ticket booth since I want to apply a gift card and a rewards card to the deposit. Could be problematic so thank you for the heads up. Maybe I’ll just straight up upgrade my son’s ticket through the app (does it allow you to set up a payment plan through the app?) and then just visit the booth for my own Magic Key.

This is all hypothetical anyway as I can’t see myself actually upgrading to Magic Keys if there is no weekend availability for the next few months, then with Christmas blackouts 🤷‍♀️. Might just wait until after the new year.
It should allow you to, but make sure you login when it sends you to the Disney website so you can get the payment plan options.

Looks like a lot of availability just opened up for October. It seems like such a big shift that it has to be a reallocation, not just cancellations.
I was just popping in to let people know this Friday and Saturday were available again. I wanted this Friday and checked for a few days and have made other plans. So, I can't go now, but I'll keep that in mind for future visits and won't make alternate plans.

Looks like a lot of availability just opened up for October. It seems like such a big shift that it has to be a reallocation, not just cancellations.
Thank you for the update! Grabbed a couple days, hopefully Disney keeps adjusting the system to even things out, otherwise it will be non stop book/cancel/book/cancel.

GUYS TODAY IS AVAILABLE FOR BOTH PARKS. This is a big deal because it wasn't available this morning, and I've never seen same-day reservations show up once a day is sold out.

I saw that this morning and agree, it had to be reservations added by Disney. It's interesting because today was still NOT available when all that October inventory showed up.

I think this is all a really good sign!

GUYS TODAY IS AVAILABLE FOR BOTH PARKS. This is a big deal because it wasn't available this morning, and I've never seen same-day reservations show up once a day is sold out.

I saw that this morning and agree, it had to be reservations added by Disney. It's interesting because today was still NOT available when all that October inventory showed up.

I think this is all a really good sign!
It looks like DLR is hopefully going to follow the dynamic model WDW has for park pass reservations.

I hope more stuff opens up. It's looking quite dismal again. I had to release one of my Dapper Day reservations to make a sooner reservation and I haven't been able to get it back. I have 2 nights booked at DLH and only one park day at this point. If I can't get the other park day, I'll be cancelling my hotel reservation since I can just drive up and back in the same day. Unfortunately, changes/cancellations have to be made at least 5 days ahead of time for the hotel so it's not like I can wait until the last minute to pick up a park reservation.

EDIT: Was able to book through my hotel reservation.

Last edited:
I hope more stuff opens up. It's looking quite dismal again. I had to release one of my Dapper Day reservations to make a sooner reservation and I haven't been able to get it back. I have 2 nights booked at DLH and only one park day at this point. If I can't get the other park day, I'll be cancelling my hotel reservation since I can just drive up and back in the same day. Unfortunately, changes/cancellations have to be made at least 5 days ahead of time for the hotel so it's not like I can wait until the last minute to pick up a park reservation.
Not ideal, but could you buy a 1-day ticket from Dapper Day?

Not ideal, but could you buy a 1-day ticket from Dapper Day?
Thanks for the suggestion, but I found a way to make the reservation! When I open up my hotel reservations, there's a link to manage the reservation and from there, it let me book the park reservation. FWIW, Every day has both parks available when doing it that way and it didn't work on Chrome for me. I used Edge.

EDIT: Was able to book through my hotel reservation.
REALLY?? That is great news as I also have a hotel reservation for Dapper Day and I was starting to think I would have to cancel it.

The hotel reservation bucket doesn’t have any days blocked out.

The Magic Key bucket is back to looking scarily empty - there are only seven days in October with reservations open for Magic Keys. The first day available to book is Tuesday October 19, and that’s a DCA-start. The only two days with a DL start available right now are 10/26 and 10/28. Curious if we’ll see another reallocation of reservations open up anytime soon…

The hotel reservation bucket doesn’t have any days blocked out.

The Magic Key bucket is back to looking scarily empty - there are only seven days in October with reservations open for Magic Keys. The first day available to book is Tuesday October 19, and that’s a DCA-start. The only two days with a DL start available right now are 10/26 and 10/28. Curious if we’ll see another reallocation of reservations open up anytime soon…
It really is stressful to look at! November isn't looking great either 😬

I’m down there for about 8 days and have my first six booked… the whole time I’m staying on property. I think with constant checking I’ll have luck… but I’ll be really disappointed if I have to buy some theme park only tickets and make use of the hotel bucket…

I’m down there for about 8 days and have my first six booked… the whole time I’m staying on property. I think with constant checking I’ll have luck… but I’ll be really disappointed if I have to buy some theme park only tickets and make use of the hotel bucket…

That's exactly what Disney wants you to do. By limiting reservations, they're hoping to get Magic Keyholders to buy tickets on days that reservations are unavailable. If their math is right, the amount lost from food and other sales from Keyholders who don't go will be covered by Keyholders who buy tickets.

You won't have to. From the Disneyland website, look at your hotel reservation and click on manage reservations. There's a link to make theme park reservations. There's no reason to book through your Tickets or Magic Key if staying onsite. I saw this yesterday. If you are staying onsite, all of your days are available to start in either park.

October has come back to life!

View attachment 610191

We love to see it! 😍

This is happening almost every night at some point. I was able to get us starting @disneyland reservations for this coming Saturday on Sunday night. It also opened way up like this last Thursday. It's a good sign!

I had been stressing over December Saturdays, but I'm gonna stop worrying about it because I'm sure we will be able to get the days we want later on. I like to keep at least 1 reservation available for spontaneous weekday visits.

You won't have to. From the Disneyland website, look at your hotel reservation and click on manage reservations. There's a link to make theme park reservations. There's no reason to book through your Tickets or Magic Key if staying onsite. I saw this yesterday. If you are staying onsite, all of your days are available to start in either park.
Oh dude! You’re right! I swear I checked this feature the first day I bought my pass (first day it came out) and using that hotel link showed there were no associated tickets to make a reservation with! This is much much better news…

Now the question is… if I check in Saturday and check out Sunday, can I reserve a Saturday and Sunday with that hotel bucket… or just one day (either?) or what? Lol

I’m staying a bunch of days that I already have the pass reserved, then going over to Universal for a day and then back at Disney for one night before flying home. So I want in the park Saturday since I’ll be there around 11am after driving from Universal and in the park Sunday since my flight isn’t till 7pm…

Curious what the system will let me do…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter