Longest time between disney visits?

What is the longest time between visits your had. I use to go every year as a kid as far back as I can remember. So I would say from age 3 through my 18th birthday was the last time I went as a child. I took a break and didn’t go again til I was 38 when I started taking my kids. So a 20 year gap now I’ve taken them the last 5 years in a row. Forgot how much I missed it that I am waiting on Rofr for a Dvc contract. Any one had a longer gap?
Born in 1979 too! Lived in central FL from 1989 - 2009, Orlando for 8 of that. Family had FL AP’s and it was luxury living to tent camp at the Fort! Happy times! Was a little burned out on Disney by the 2000’s (the horror!) so took an 11 year break. Now with kids of my own, the magic is back. I’ve had the time of my life showing them a piece of my childhood!

Went to Disney World for the first time when I was 11 in 1976. Next trip was honeymoon in 1991 so 15 years. Next trip after honeymoon was 2002 with our 4 and 6 year old girls. That was a gap of 11 years. Since we starting going with the kids the largest gap was 4 years (rough 4 years) and most recently have been going once a year for either the parks, DCL, or both. I wish I could live there. :)

Longest gap was 15~ years, and the shortest hasn't happened yet but will be 6 months come later this year.

My family went every other year-ish when I was a kid (non-locals), but the last trip was when I was 13. It took me 15 years to get back after that, when my now-husband and I took our first trip together, then went back again the following year. We had a 5-ish year gap after that while we got married, had our honeymoon and other non-Disney vacations, and got busy (and broke) buying our house and having our first baby. Finally broke the 5 year gap in 2019 with our oldest kiddo, followed by a 3 year gap that was largely due to the pandemic, but also our second baby. Broke THAT gap in 2022, returning a year later for our upcoming Spring 2023 trip, and then will be a 6 month gap before our next booked trip. I am SO excited - I've never had a gap that short, or two different Disney stays in MDE simultaneously 😂

What is the longest time between visits your had. I use to go every year as a kid as far back as I can remember. So I would say from age 3 through my 18th birthday was the last time I went as a child. I took a break and didn’t go again til I was 38 when I started taking my kids. So a 20 year gap now I’ve taken them the last 5 years in a row. Forgot how much I missed it that I am waiting on Rofr for a Dvc contract. Any one had a longer gap?
  • Went as a very young child in 1983, and it was never really an option growing up for us due to my dad's profession. Epcot had just opened, I remember being obsessed with Figment.
  • Had an opportunity to go in 1994, but opted to stay home since I was playing sports.
  • Fast forward to 2006, went with my wife on a work trip and she had a friend at Disney that got us in.
  • Fast forward again to 2012, we had a very very young family, and the in-laws treated us. They worked at WDW when it opened, and are huge fans. We've gone every year since, multiple times most years (driving distance) thanks to DVC membership.
  • 2023 we decided to not do the parks at all and just take a break, but we actually will do DCL.
  • Not sure how WDW parks play into the future for us, as the kids are a little older and prefer Universal/SeaWorld, etc... time will tell. It was a fun, bank account-draining run.

Our first trip was when I was 28.
Since then, we went about every 5 years until we were empty nesters/grandparents.
Bought an annual pass in 2019 that we lost a ton of value on due to covid so since then we have only been for one 2-day-trip.

11 years and 3.5months for me, 34 years and 3 months for my wife.
I went in January of 2011 and just went back in April 2022. April 2022 was my wife's first trip to WDW. Our boys had to wait until ages 7, 4 and 2 to go. We fell in love with Disney during this trip, so we bought DVC resale late last year. Our Welcome Home trip is booked for August and we plan on going again in late May 2024. After that, it will likely be about one year between trips.

I've just come back to the boards for the first time since our last trip in 2009. I'm CONSIDERING a trip with my daughter for her 22nd birthday. It's been a very, very long time for me!

I went when I was 8 in 1988 and I didn't go again until I was 38 in 2018. So I've got you beat.

I went in the early 80s, then didn't go back until the early 2000s. Been making up for it since then, I try to go twice a year now.

Went for the first time when I was 19, in 2014.
Next time was 2016 where my mom purchased DVC.
We've gone every year since then, a total of 12 times 😅

We travel a lot in general, but we visit WDW at least once or twice a year to just relax and feel like a kid again. Mom has 300 points and I'm currently waiting for ROFR on my first DVC contract. The disney drug is real 🤣

I had a 21 year break. I went as a child at 6, 11, and 13. The last time was in 1997. Then I got to go again with my family in 2018. I saw Animal Kingdom for the 1st time on its 20th Anniversary! I thought that was kind of cool. I've been once more since then and we are going again this year.

Our first trip was when I was 28.
Since then, we went about every 5 years until we were empty nesters/grandparents.
Bought an annual pass in 2019 that we lost a ton of value on due to covid so since then we have only been for one 2-day-trip.
How did you lose a ton of value on your AP due to Covid?

How did you lose a ton of value on your AP due to Covid?
Our pass expired the end June of 2020.

We had a 10 day trip planned March 20, 2020 which was obviously cancelled.

We did not request a refund on the passes as we never thought the masking would continue as long as it did (one family member could not wear a mask much more than 5 minutes) and hoped to at least replace our 10 day trip that was cancelled.
So we lost our 10 day trip as well as any other weekend trips we might have otherwise booked between March and June.

By the time we figured the restrictions were not going to be lifted in time to use our pass, I called and was told it was past the deadline for requesting any refund on the passes.

I went once as a child in May 1994 and did not return until August 2012 when I took my own son. It was supposed to be his only trip, but we were hooked! The longest I've gone between trips as an adult was December 2019 to August 2021, for obvious reasons!

Wow - this made me stop and recount all of our WDW trips. I was 24 the first time I made it to Disney - 1982. We returned in 1993 with our kids (11 Years), and again in 1998 (5 Years), 2002 (4 years), 2005 (3 years) We did our first DCL Cruise in 2009 (4 years)- We bought DVC, on site in Oct. 2011 (2 years) - First DVC Trip was Jan 2013 (15 Months), then every January since, so (1 year) for 9 straight. We did SWGS in March of 2022 (1 Month) so that's our shortest time between trips. Then Jan/Feb 2023 (10 Months) - and we are booked for Sep 2023 (7 Months), then again Jan 2024 (4 Months) Thanks for this post - it made me scroll through years and years of pictures, with lots of good memories!

Went for the first time when I was 11 or 12 and did not return until I was 24 so 12 years? Then another 12 years to return with kids. Not going this summer hoping to return in 2024

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter