Longest time between disney visits?

1979figment

Earning My Ears
What is the longest time between visits your had. I use to go every year as a kid as far back as I can remember. So I would say from age 3 through my 18th birthday was the last time I went as a child. I took a break and didn’t go again til I was 38 when I started taking my kids. So a 20 year gap now I’ve taken them the last 5 years in a row. Forgot how much I missed it that I am waiting on Rofr for a Dvc contract. Any one had a longer gap?

I went for the first time at age 25. I made repeat visits at ages 28 and 29. I'm now 35 and it may be a few years yet before we are able to return.

Growing up and until I was 20 I went to Disneyland several times a year. Then we moved out to the midwest and it was until I was 33 that I finally was able to go to WDW. At that point we had five kids and the love of Disney was born in them, we'd go every year. We went twice in 2020. Once pre-pandemic and once in Sept 2020. We haven't been since then but we are going again in 2 weeks. And already have another trip planned for January 2024.

Growing up and until I was 20 I went to Disneyland several times a year. Then we moved out to the midwest and it was until I was 33 that I finally was able to go to WDW. At that point we had five kids and the love of Disney was born in them, we'd go every year. We went twice in 2020. Once pre-pandemic and once in Sept 2020. We haven't been since then but we are going again in 2 weeks. And already have another trip planned for January 2024.
I’m one of 5 and we’d go every year drive up from Maryland and stay at fort wilderness. Now I have 5 of mine own we’ll be there this sunday for their 4th year in a row. It will be the baby’s 1st time. I think I’ve turned them into fans still working on my wife though. She just deals with my obsession.

I’m one of 5 and we’d go every year drive up from Maryland and stay at fort wilderness. Now I have 5 of mine own we’ll be there this sunday for their 4th year in a row. It will be the baby’s 1st time. I think I’ve turned them into fans still working on my wife though. She just deals with my obsession.
Fort Wilderness is where we stayed with the kids. So many good memories. I miss staying at the Fort but we hate towing the camper that far. Have fun!!!

I had no visits from 1997 until December 2022, so a 25 year gap

It was remarkable both how much has changed and how much hasn’t. It was so nostalgic to see my childhood favorites, and unbelievable how they’ve innovated rides in the last 25 years.

I absolutely can not wait to go back. It will probably be 5 years before we do WDW again, but hoping to do DL and Disney Tokyo between now and then

Well my first trip wasn't until 2003 when I was 19.

After that, I didn't go again until 2019, so 16 years.

What is the longest time between visits your had. I use to go every year as a kid as far back as I can remember. So I would say from age 3 through my 18th birthday was the last time I went as a child. I took a break and didn’t go again til I was 38 when I started taking my kids. So a 20 year gap now I’ve taken them the last 5 years in a row. Forgot how much I missed it that I am waiting on Rofr for a Dvc contract. Any one had a longer gap?

It has been 9 years since my last Disney trip. I was on my Disney College Program and waiting for the Tron Ride to finish building before I came back to Disney.

Last edited:
I think 10 years. Went from 1975 to 1992 as baby to teen then stopped until about 2002. We go about every year now.

My mother took my 18y sister and my 15y self to DL in '72 because the TA recommended it as a tourist attraction we should see, along with Knott's Berry Farm. None of us were that impressed due to crowding. She gave my sister an hour to ride Matterhorn but she never made it onto the actual ride. In '77 my brother convinced me to join their group for WDW because 4 per room made the trip cheap. Since it was under $300 I agreed. I really enjoyed myself and went 3 times in the next 2 years but then we married so no $$. Followed by buying a house, so really no $$$. Then kids but I wouldn't travel with small ones so we waited until '92 to visit again. After that we went every 2 or 3 years until we started going 2 or 3 times a year. So longest gap between visits - 13 years.

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in 2003. We didn't make it back until we took our kids in 2018 (they were 5 and 3 at the time). So we had a 15 year gap. It was very different than I remembered, but a lot of that was seeing it with kids for the first time.

Almost 10 years! In 2003 I was a cast member with Disney CP. After I "graduated" :earsgirl: from the program, I didn't go back until 2012! Since then it has been every 4-5 years. We are going back next month and we just went in 2021! So we are definitely closing the bigger gaps which I'm very happy about! :banana:

We went as a big family in 1984 and 1986. Then didn't return until there were kids in the immediate family in 2016. So that was a 30 year gap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter