Live Halloween trip.

Im sure onsite is perfect if you only want to do Disney .... Two weeks at the big four and the two water parks would blow DHs mind! Do you not feel you're wasting value by stepping offsite? Split stay may work but for us 30-40 mins each way from Westside is so worth it when we get back to our own pool with a bottle of wine in the evening .. Turns a hectic holiday into a relaxing one too.
Having done 2 trips at OKW with free DDP they(Lily & family) are wanting to try offsite dining but after the travelling times yesterday it got us thinking about it a little more and is worth paying the extra (approx £40/nt, tips factored in) to stay at least part of the trip back at OKW again.

There are offsite places that are closer - those near the 536 (that becomes Epcot Center Drive) are almost as convenient as OKW if driving. That said even though the free DDP deal keeps increasing in price, my preference would be to go for it again - just have to persuade the rest of the family :goodvibes

Edit - that said Vineland Rd isn't that far away - surprised to hear journey times so long...
MK is the worst as you can only get to the car park, we then had to wait for a couple of trams for space to get on, wait for 2 monorails, it was just under 1 hour each(55 mins going, 50 mins back) compared to OKW bus its 11 mins each way but then stood waiting for bus and walk from station to turnstile.

Wayne I am so sorry not posted I completely forgot you were going again. I really like the look of fairfied inn and suites. Have been following matts blog u must be very proud of him. Fantasyland looks great. I managed to get a reservation for be my guest when I go in april though were not many times left. Do you know when they are hoping to finish it?
Love the disney bags. I hope you and Karen have a nice romantic time though it probably feels strange without Matt.
Looking forward to the rest of your TR

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Not sure of the completion date for New fatasyland, a big change from August to now so I am sure it won't be that long.

Mini dis meet / joolz and dixonsontour last night

We managed to see each other on the boat/bus from hoop de doo
Glad you managed to meet up, Juliette that shirt is definitely Hoop.:goodvibes

dixonsontour said:
Mini dis meet / joolz and dixonsontour last night

We managed to see each other on the boat/bus from hoop de doo

Yay! It's a small world after all :)
It was great to meet you and your family Stephanie. After a whole week of trying to spot fellow disers, dixonsontour were sitting behind us on the boat.

wayneg said:
Having done 2 trips at OKW with free DDP they(Lily & family) are wanting to try offsite dining but after the travelling times yesterday it got us thinking about it a little more and is worth paying the extra (approx £40/nt, tips factored in) to stay at least part of the trip back at OKW again.

MK is the worst as you can only get to the car park, we then had to wait for a couple of trams for space to get on, wait for 2 monorails, it was just under 1 hour each(55 mins going, 50 mins back) compared to OKW bus its 11 mins each way but then stood waiting for bus and walk from station to turnstile.

Not sure of the completion date for New fatasyland, a big change from August to now so I am sure it won't be that long.

Glad you managed to meet up, Juliette that shirt is definitely Hoop.:goodvibes

Know where you're coming from Wayne the journey up and down the i4 can be tedious ...... Split stay could work but could never do 100% Disney unless at DLRP ..... Everyone to their own though, for some Universal doesn't cut it, for us it has to been included

Know where you're coming from Wayne the journey up and down the i4 can be tedious ...... Split stay could work but could never do 100% Disney unless at DLRP ..... Everyone to their own though, for some Universal doesn't cut it, for us it has to been included
Yes we all want different things out of a trip & enjoy different things. We also change thru the years, we have been AP holders at Universal for 9-10 years, just let them expire as we are not liking the changes, HP was great but we were finding we could do both parks in a day and had enjough, not bothered about going back. Previous years we could spend multiple days in each park. I think a few years away is what we need then go back.

We have been discussing OKW again today. We went into MK this morning just under 1 hour each way from hotel to turnstile and back, 2 hours travelling compared to 11 minutes each way from OKW. We then went to Epcot this evening, another 30 mins each way. Karen is trying to convince me the extra £1,000 to stay at OKW would be worth it or maybe a split stay.:goodvibes

Lol, not surprised to hear that Karen is working on you :). I could 'feel' her OKW love when I was talking about it - it was subtle granted, the nods and smiles, but I thought then that there was a chance you would go back :goodvibes. I also suspect that Matt would back his mother too ;)

I checked in at OKW early and know the room will be in the Millers Road area, which will be new for me. The resort is full and CM on front desk said it felt like the whole of NJ is here. I know you like Millers Road and I'm happy with it :wave2:

Yes we all want different things out of a trip & enjoy different things. We also change thru the years, we have been AP holders at Universal for 9-10 years, just let them expire as we are not liking the changes, HP was great but we were finding we could do both parks in a day and had enjough, not bothered about going back. Previous years we could spend multiple days in each park. I think a few years away is what we need then go back.

Hi Wayne - just checking into your thread.

We feel exactly the same about Universal. Although the kids (now 25 and 23 - kids?:rotfl:) would always want to do Universal it just doesn't do it for us anymore although as you say leave it for a few years and no doubt we will be a little more enthusiastic. Meanwhile the "kids" have organised their first independent trip, separately and with their partners for next summer, DDP and all. It hardly seems anytime since our first family trip when they were 7 & 9 (excuse me while I wipe away a tear).

Meanwhile Liz and I are trawling through websites looking for suitable fares for next July/Aug complicated further as DS's graduation is in July. Fares are all looking expensive - might have to bite the bullet soon. I think we have given up on DDP this time around.

Come on guys Transformers 3D HD!!! ..... Just like Disney when you think you've seen it all too many times, they add another hook. Don't really feel Disney like others but would feel cheated if I didn't do at least one park per trip. Normally do a one day ticket with two waterpark options .... Last two years it's been Hollywood studios, next year I think well definitely need to see the changes at MK. Must dos for us are Aquatica (maybe as much as 3 times) and always Discovery Cove :0)

Wayne, I don't know why you don't just bite the bullet and buy DVC. You could get resale at OKW for a steal. True, you don't get the free dining but then you get the discount on APs and you can still add the dining plan without having to purchase the Ultimate tickets. That way, you could have the best of both worlds - 2 weeks at OKW with a week of DDP and a week eating offsite ;)

Come on guys Transformers 3D HD!!! ..... Just like Disney when you think you've seen it all too many times, they add another hook. Don't really feel Disney like others but would feel cheated if I didn't do at least one park per trip. Normally do a one day ticket with two waterpark options .... Last two years it's been Hollywood studios, next year I think well definitely need to see the changes at MK. Must dos for us are Aquatica (maybe as much as 3 times) and always Discovery Cove :0)
Wouldn't have a clue what a Transformer is about :rotfl2:
Never seen an episode of Simpsons, or seen Despicable me.
Nothing at all to hook me recently, a few years away and we will see.

Wayne, I don't know why you don't just bite the bullet and buy DVC. You could get resale at OKW for a steal. True, you don't get the free dining but then you get the discount on APs and you can still add the dining plan without having to purchase the Ultimate tickets. That way, you could have the best of both worlds - 2 weeks at OKW with a week of DDP and a week eating offsite ;)

:rotfl2:
It works out around £50/night for annual dues at OKW about £15/nt more than I pay offsite, agree the benefits cancel out the extra but on the other hand I would never pay a lump sum upfront, about $20,000 for 324pts I would have needed this year (unless I win the lottery) and the tiny little thing of having my bed made every day is essential.
I am just not the type of person that ties into anything long term, I don't know whats around the corner, with health & finance concerns I don't know how many more years to Disney/Florida are realistic. I hope its many more years but I never look too far ahead, its something we should have done in our 20's not in our late 40's.

We have been discussing OKW again today. We went into MK this morning just under 1 hour each way from hotel to turnstile and back, 2 hours travelling compared to 11 minutes each way from OKW. We then went to Epcot this evening, another 30 mins each way. Karen is trying to convince me the extra £1,000 to stay at OKW would be worth it or maybe a split stay.:goodvibes

I love split stays as you get the best of both worlds:goodvibes
Usually it's onsite at WDW then plus onsite at Universal but next summer we are adding a villa to that just to get away from it all, relax a bit more and eat offsite.
Personally, I could happily skip Universal next time too but with 4 young adults coming along I think they will insist on going there - maybe I can just drop them off;)

Yay! It's a small world after all :)

I sang that song all day last week.
the day after the dismeet at boardwalk, we went to florida mall, and ended up sitting at a table in the food court ... guess who was sitting 2 tables down the row ... the Dixon family ... it is really a small world after all :-)

I sang that song all day last week.
the day after the dismeet at boardwalk, we went to florida mall, and ended up sitting at a table in the food court ... guess who was sitting 2 tables down the row ... the Dixon family ... it is really a small world after all :-)

It is indeed

On Saturday after our meal at Plaza Restaurant we had a look at the Halloween decs on Main St before the removed them for the Xmas decs. Evening as I have already said BLT for a few drinks with Deb, Matt & Moira. Moira then kindly dropped us at Bahama Breeze where we had another couple of drinks and a really nice meal.
Anyone following Matt's progress at Uni, he has been accepted for the other job he applied for, as well as Student Ambassador he is now also a Tour Guide. Just now he is emailing companies trying to get sponsorship for a charity event the Uni does, he has to get as far away as possible from Lancaster Uni only using sponsorship, he has had a reply from Jet2 airlines & other companies who may be interested in helping him so hope he does well in that.

Halloween dec before it was removed at the weekend.
IMG_5673Medium.jpg

Our car for 10 days.
IMG_5688Medium.jpg

Bahama Breeze chicken & Seafood Paella.
P1100920Medium.jpg

P1100921Medium.jpg

We bumped in to orangetiggies and her family at the bus stop this evening. I guessed it was her as she had her beautiful twin dd's with her. It's like a hidden mickey's quest but with disers instead. If I can find Wayne and chmurf, I think I have the whole set ;)

Sunday, into MK in the morning, had lunch at Columbia Harbor House, evening at Epcot, ate in China for 1st time, shared Orange chicken, will have that again. Cream puff in France then Fish & chips in UK (not as nice as previous visits) couple of drinks to wash it all down and half way around stopped to watch Howard Jones who was very good. Great evening.
(hope pics show the right way, having problems with Photobucket)

P1100923Medium.jpg

Cranberries
P1100934Medium.jpg

Chinese
P1100937Medium.jpg

P1100939Medium.jpg

P1100943Medium.jpg

Cream got on my nose.
P1100958Medium.jpg

UK
P1100959Medium.jpg

We bumped in to orangetiggies and her family at the bus stop this evening. I guessed it was her as she had her beautiful twin dd's with her. It's like a hidden mickey's quest but with disers instead. If I can find Wayne and chmurf, I think I have the whole set ;)

:rotfl:

Today (Monday) was Seaworld with lunch at Spice Mill, good value with AP discount at $22. As we left Seaworld I wasn't feeling great, bad headache, heavy eyes and bunged up nose, still not 100% now at 11pm but feeling better than I was. Hope a good sleep and I will feel better.

Seaworld has all the Xmas decs out now.
P1100964Medium.jpg

P1100965Medium.jpg

P1100966Medium.jpg

Number plate Karen spotted and thought highly amusing, its my nick name ever since I started using DIS, both her & Matt call me Egg.
P1100968Medium.jpg

This evening was at Cheesecake Factory, we managed 3 courses for the first time ever...... between 2 of us:rotfl: $43 & $8 tip. absolutely stuffed after this.
Busch Gardens & Manny's tomorrow.
P1100978Medium.jpg

P1100977Medium.jpg

P1100976Medium.jpg

P1100979Medium.jpg

Another great update
I am loving seeing the reviews of all the off site restaurants :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter