Live from WDW

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Hi folks. I know a few have followed our woes with lost baggage on facebook. But as we have chargers and cables now I thought I would post some updates when I have time.

Virgin and v-room were excellent and the cabin staff were brilliant.
Baggage handling and after-care I will ignore for now.

Despite having no suitcases we headed off to EPCOT this morning at 8.00am.
Sorted out tickets and my AP.
Had a great day. Eat in Sunshine Seasons for lunch. This was a big hit with everyone :)
Back to the condo for supper.
Trip to DTD to let the troops spend some money and then back at 8.30pm.
Thankfully cases had arrived.

Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom and the first ADR of T-rex at supper time.

Sorry to hear about your luggage but it is good to see you aren't letting it get in the way of the good times.
Enjoy T-rex - we always do :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you've launched yourselves straight into having fun. I'd have been shopping for clothes! :rotfl: Hope the cases turn up today.

Sorry to hear about your luggage not the best start. DH loves the Seasons at Epcot, enjoy the Magic Kingdom. :thumbsup2

So glad your cases have turned up and the incident didn't ruin your 1st day. Sounds like you all enjoyed Epcot.
Have fun at MK today :)

At least you had a good first day and glad that the cases turned up , enjoy the rest of your holiday :thumbsup2

glad your cases have turned up, enjoy MK :goodvibes

Glad your cases turned up, hope you have a great holiday :banana:

Glad the luggage turned up Reid :thumbsup2

Have a great time in MK today and cant wait to hear about T REX :)

Sorry to hear about your suitcases - but it sounds like they turned up :thumbsup2 Werent you flying flybe to Gatwick and the onto MCO with Virgin - did you transfer the cases?

Hi Reid! Great to see on FB that your cases have finally arrived! I hope that you have a great day in MK! Any pics of yesterday ?:)

good to hear your bags finally got on there hols too
thanks for posting keep us updated if you have time

Glad to hear you've launched yourselves straight into having fun. I'd have been shopping for clothes! :rotfl: Hope the cases turn up today.

Sorry to hear about your luggage but it is good to see you aren't letting it get in the way of the good times.
Enjoy T-rex - we always do :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your suitcases - but it sounds like they turned up :thumbsup2 Werent you flying flybe to Gatwick and the onto MCO with Virgin - did you transfer the cases?

Thanks for all the comments. Thought I should answer some of the questions.

Deb - some cheap and cheerful clothes were picked up. Diane says I will pay for this when she hits the mallls later ;)

T-Rex IMHO was excellent. I know others think it is overpriced and poor. We had a lovely nacho starter to share with the 5 of us. I then had the flat-bread starter as my main. Brought half of it home :)
Servers was amazing and help me get over the change in tipping automatically. He well earned his 25%. The troops had great fun with him and vice versa.

Gem - the cases had a bright orange sticker stating transfer at LGW to MCO. But never made it. Virgin customer service was non-existant IMHO.

So to today. Weather reached a high of 90F and bucketing rain at noon. Typical June/July weather according to the reports.
Lunch was at Cosmic Rays and supper as already reported T-Rex.

Magic Kingom was a lovely park but a layout that we found strange. Philharmagic was absolutely wonderful. Splash Mountain was fun but as Robyn whimped out on Morgan, Jack and I rode it. Diane and Robyn rode POTC. Which I still have to do.
Robyn and I both loved Winnie the Pooh. Especially the bouncing part :)

We made good use of photopass today:goodvibes

Sounds like you had a good day - apart from the rain of course but I'm sure it didn't dampen your spirits too much.
Looking forward to seeing some of those photopass pics in your TR :thumbsup2
Hope you enjoy todays activities.

Sounds like a great day - I can't wait for T-Rex!!

I'm flying flybe from Newcastle to Gatwick - but I'm not transfering our luggage, were going down the night before - who knows where they could end up over night :lmao:

Sounds like a lovely day, except for the rain but you expect it at this time of the year.
T-Rex sounds good can't wait to try it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter