Layout Challenge #2

Lisa

<font color=royalblue>OMG, I think I am going to p
I will host the next challenge, and I have a great gift for the winner! It's not a gorgeous handmade item like I received from Lewdyan, but I think the winner will like it not the less.

The challenge is to do a monochromatic layout. Monochromatic is all the hues (tints and shades) of a single color. As a result, the energy is more subtle and peaceful due to a lack of color contrast. I expect to see some spectacular layouts with the talents we have here. Even if you have never participated in a challenge before, consider joining. :)

Who is in? The deadline will be next Friday, September 26th to give us time. I will put all names in a hat, and BAMB can choose the winner at her crop she is hosting September 27th.

ok - ok I am in! what a great idea - monochromatic! Does it have to be 12x12 or can i make it to fit my fun frame?
JENNIFER

ok - ok I am in! what a great idea - monochromatic! Does it have to be 12x12 or can i make it to fit my fun frame?
JENNIFER

Now you I expected to say, "That is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame." ;) :lmao:

Yes, you can make the layout any size you want. Now get cracking!!! :goodvibes

I'm in...but I'm gonna need some coaching.. I've never done anything monochromatic so you are making me REALLY step outside of my box..
Keep your email box open!!! :)

Crap, *walks over to the bookcase to break out the dicitionary* *groan* *goodness gracious that thing is heavy* * beep beep beep* (that would be the forklift for the book)

monochromatic
mon*o*chro*mat*ic - adjective
containing or only using one color

*well that helped* *NOT* !!!!!!!!

hmmmmm, where oh were can I get some monochromatic paper?????

I feel the need to visit Dunkin Donuts Miss Lisa, are you game???

I'm hopefully in. I still haven't gotten my idea done for the last one but hopefully I'll have some time soon to catch up.

I think I am going to try this one! I only did one other layout this way........
Buffy, Bazzil makes it easy they sell monochromatic packs!

I'll try, but I haven't had enough caffeine yet to have an idea right off the bat.

This is probably stupid, but I'll ask anyway to be sure I understand:). All the stuff has to be shades of a single color, but the photos themselves can be regular photos with lots of different colors, right?

That is correct, Kim. Everything you use, embellishments, die cuts, letters, needs to be shades of that color. The pictures can be of whatever.

Sounds like it will be a good challenge to get everyone thinking outside of their comfort zone. That is what a challenge is all about. :)

Spinning, you learn quick! Smart thinking. :thumbsup2

BAMB, always game for girl time!

I'm in! I'll have to go through and think about what pictures I have ready to scrap that would work for this. That's what I'm getting stuck on.

Ok, on DH and I's lunch date, I'll go to HL and grab a monochromatic bazzill stack... eek!

I hope I can deal w/ this!

I'm in....I think! I still have 4 events to scrap before the wedding (like thats gonna happen -the scrapping, not the wedding ;) ). I plan on hiding in my scrap room for at least on hour today, but plans never actually hold.

Well, I'll have to shop for my paper Friday.. DH was being a whiny butt in the store..so I couldn't think straight... so I load his butt up and brought him home just like I do my kids! BRAT!! Needless to say, I told him he owed me!

Ladies, I don't think you need to go out and buy paper, unless of course you are looking for a excuse to buy paper. ;)

I can't wait to see what everyone submits! :goodvibes

What? not to buy paper?!?! But I thought that was reason for a challange....or swap! LOL! When ever I did swaps I had to buy at least 3 new items (can we talk about my paper clay.....embossing paste.....and some other very odd things I now own?!?!?), 2x's the amount of paper and embellishments that I won't need....etc.....so to me anything that says, challange or swap means shopping! LOL!

I think I am going to try this one! I only did one other layout this way........
Buffy, Bazzil makes it easy they sell monochromatic packs!

of course they do, for the monochromatically challenged no doubt.

That is correct, Kim. Everything you use, embellishments, die cuts, letters, needs to be shades of that color. The pictures can be of whatever.

Sounds like it will be a good challenge to get everyone thinking outside of their comfort zone. That is what a challenge is all about. :)

Spinning, you learn quick! Smart thinking. :thumbsup2

BAMB, always game for girl time!

what, I have to have monochromatic embellishments too???
What are you doing to me woman!!!! There you go with that matchy matchy stuff again.......stomp, stomp, slam!!!

I am in.

Buffy - did you know that the DCWV stacks offer lots of monochromatic options? HMMMM:idea:

enabler :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter