Last minute 4 park challenge! - Park 4, updated 5/2

Have a fab weekend!! :)
Thank you! It was a great really quick trip!
Enjoy your weekend and good luck!
Thank you! It was so fun!
Have a great trip!
Thank you! I had so much fun!!
Little bit of rain currently but weather looks great tomorrow & next.
I looked for hotel rooms and entire resort including Swan & Dolphin are Sold Out for next week . Hope the crowds stay away for you until Monday !
I did get a bit or rain Friday night, but weather was great all weekend! I might even call Sunday a perfect weather day at Disney! Warm but not to hot low humidity!!

Travel day! This will be text heavy and maybe a bit boring but want to get it done in one shot.

I had a noon appointment which I knew would go one of two ways, perfect and I would have time to kill or run late. I’m sure you can guess which happened! I didn’t get out till 1:20ish luckily I had a plan. I would drive to the airport and my husband would Uber there and he would drive my car home. It ended up working perfect, he arrived about 3 minutes before me and then I hoped out and was on my way! This is a major benefit to living so close to the airport!

I have clear and pre check and was in the brand new terminal A with in minutes. I looked for some quick food as it was 2 and boarding was 246. I grabbed a quick sandwich and took 2 works calls and headed to the gate.
They started boarding but there was a mechanical issue and were boarding by row not zone. They announced they needed a part to fix a light, and we were delayed. Originally it said 430, but the part arrived quickly (it looked like a cover to a fixture but who am I). Now they made quick work of it and we were pushing back from the gate at 405. However then there was an air traffic control issue and we were delayed yet again. We finally took off around 5.

I could see my evening plans at Epcot slipping away. So I made a pivot and changed my park reservation HS.
1678707509956.gif

I figured I could try and see fantastic at 930.

Honestly I have kids and I really try not to judge but the family behind us were something else! The dad kept burping out loud, the kid was kicking the chairs no one asking him to stop, the daughter across the aisle was poking the person in front of her, I am not sure what was going on. But I’ll assume they had a long day… anyway the landing was rough and then we sat and waited for a gate. As we were exiting the plane we passed first class and it looks like some took a bag of some crunch snack spilled it and stomped on it. It was pretty bad that the flight attendant was explaining it to people through laughter! So long story short the flight was interesting, and I was hoping this wasn’t foreshadowing for the rest of my weekend!

I made it off the plane and called an Uber which was 12 minutes away (why)! I decided to go right to HS and made it to the park by 835 and on Hollywood Blvd by 845! Security took a bit as I had my luggage (just a personal item) and I as usually was chatting up the security guard!

1678707643333.jpeg

I had mobile ordered a waffle bowl so I picked that up. I got the barbecued beef one, it was good not my fav but it was good. I would get it again or try a different one!

1678708543785.jpeg

I decided I also wanted something sweet and maybe a drink, so I ordered one of my fav 50th anniversary treats! I wish I had ordered the one at Fairfax fair since it looked really good, and different than what I normally get, But I’ll settled for this cookie anyday! Also got a drink.
1678708593998.jpeg

Then I headed to wait for fantasmic, I could have gone to the hotel as I had plenty of time and a great seat for fantasmic! The amphitheatre wasn’t full. However I am happy I got my bowl as I have wanted to try it for a while!

I hadn’t seen fantasmic in a while it may be pre kids! I can’t be sure, but either way fab as always, and as we were exiting they were giving out the left over popcorn which I thought was very nice!

I realized I forgot a hair brush I stopped in a store or two to see if I could find one, no luck! If this was a single dinglehopper I may have purchased it!
1678708752715.jpeg

As I was getting back to the hotel my heal was bothering me! I don’t think it’s fully forgiven me for the 5k and 10K on Princess weekend and a 5k at home the following week! I was hoping to not have any issues this trip. When I was packing I couldn’t decide on what sneakers to bring, I hope I made the right call!

Next up starting my morning in AK

The dad kept burping out loud, the kid was kicking the chairs no one asking him to stop, the daughter across the aisle was poking the person in front of her, I am not sure what was going on.
Ewww! What is with people?
I had mobile ordered a waffle bowl so I picked that up. I got the barbecued beef one, it was good not my fav but it was good. I would get it again or try a different one!
I have not heard of this before, need to look these up, they look like they could be a good option for HS.
If this was a single dinglehopper I may have purchased it!
HAAA!

Let’s start this 4 Park Challenge!

With hitting HS on arrival night I changed up my Saturday plan! I would now start my day at AK and rope drop FoP, try for a rise ILL at 2, then MK then Epcot. I did anticipate rise being a hard to get ILL while also trying for guardians!

@erinch had posted some great AK recommendations, and an influencer I follow also posted some cool things, so I was actually really excited to go to AK! I feel like it’s the park I spend the least amount of time in!

I went to bed around 11, and set some alarms, I wanted to be at AK by 7:30. I was up around 630, a bit later then I wanted, but I slept well and was excited!! I showered and did my hair with out a brush! At 7 I had my work phone and personal phone ready and while I didn’t get a 2pm rise time I did manage to get 2:25-3:25 and guardians for 8-9! Off to a good start!
1679056832502.png

I decided to bring flip flops with me incase my feet bothered me. So I brought my loungefly, Then I was off!

I decided to Uber to AK while I was waiting another woman was calling an Uber and I asked her where she was headed, I assumed AK since it was about 715, it was so I asked her if she wanted to go with me. She did we chatted on the way and arrived right at 730!
1679056887187.jpeg

As usually I had my bag checked, one day I’ll get it right where it doesn’t need to be searched!

I headed to FoP the line was rather backed up, all the way out of pandora, and wrapping to the back towards Africa and back in to pandora. I chatted with a family in front of me for most of the wait.

I was off the ride around 845, so a bit over an hour from park check in not horrible. I then walked to the front of the park to get my gold statues, I regret making this a goal, some of them are so hard to scan! But I was able to get it done! I took a picture of some when I was about to give up. I met a few people while doing this, most were really nice talked about doing it as well or asking me why I looked like a crazy person waving my arm!

1679057273950.jpeg
Dory was a hard one! Even a cast member came by and said she was fickle!

I now had some time to kill, probably my only time today! My options were get a snack and leave or do some stuff! So I did some stuff!

I headed to Everest it was posted at 10 when I got off FoP but then by the time I scanned the statues and walked over it said 15 minutes, it was closer to maybe 25 I was off the ride at 951, and the wait time was now posted at 50 minutes! I would share my ride photo but I legit look miserable, but I was having so much fun!!

I decided I now need coffee! So I waited in a longish Jofferys line! I got my coffee and again found I had time to kill, took some pictures, stoped by some animals. I also decided I wanted at least one photo in each park!

1679057979561.jpeg

Then I walked by Nomads lounge as I know the line can start early. But no one was there, It was still 1020, so I decided to try the flatbread @erinch recommended as they opened at 1030, and let me tell you this was amazing! I got the pork, so much flavor! Highly recommend! So good! I ended up chatting with someone else who also got a flat bread, they got the chicken and we all thought it was fabulous! Thank you so much for this recommendation!

1679058748015.jpeg
I could go for this right now!!

Then I headed back to Nomads, it was only 1055 but already all the outside seats were taken! But I got a table inside and decided I would get a drink and relax for a bit! I got the Jenn’s tattoo at the recommendation of the waitress and it was pretty good. Not what I would have selected but that’s why I asked for a recommendation, so I could try something different.

1679058979300.jpeg

Now it was 1140 and I decided to head back to the hotel! I figured I could charge my phone, try and get a hair brush and relax for a tiny bit before the go go go of the afternoon. I was back at the hotel by 12:03,

I got a hair brush and head to the room.
1679059052316.jpeg
Water bottle for size… It was not a good hair brush!

I debated the pool, but decided I wanted to lay down and close my eyes, but got sucked into work emails and into PTO drama so just relaxed and did that for a bit.

Up next HS!

Attachments

• 1679057965021.jpeg
    1679057965021.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2
I was done relaxing and headed down to the boat at 1:15 and watched the HS boat pull away. Luckily I had tons of time so not a big deal!

I decided to ditch my flip flops and loungefly bag, one less thing to carry. My feet were holding up pretty well, I had running socks on and figured worst case I would by crocs!

I used this time to check the wait at Mine Train, it was 120 minutes!!! Oh boy I hope I make friends in line! Seeing this, my goal was to really be in line by 3:15/3:30 if I could, also I was hopeful this was an inflated time, as touring plans was saying 74 minutes. Only time would tell!

I got to HS and waited a few minutes and was able to tap in around 145, I was a few people back so I was in around 147.

1680361038332.jpeg

I did my gold statues, again why are the so hard to scan?
1680361073880.jpeg

I chatted with a lovely cast member she was telling me about her experience scanning them.

I then went to pick up my pop tart, and grown ups lemonade. This pick up was really backed up. The cast member was lovely and explaining that there were tons of school groups so lots of 1 off orders which slows things down.

I found a spot to sit for a few minutes and eat and drink and people watch!

1680361116944.jpeg1680361130547.jpeg

I made my way to rise I tapped in 6 minutes early and she let me in, I noted this because the person behind me was saying can I tap in 6 minutes early. I chatted with them for a bit but the line moved pretty quick.

They were asking for parties of 2, the guy behind me was a single as well so I said we were a party of 2. This was a huge change from my last time on this ride. Last time it was way backed up, I think because it had been down earlier in the day. Today I was off the ride before 250 (forgot to take a picture).

I called a Minnie van as Mine Train was still showing a 2 hour wait and I didn’t want to waste any time! My Minnie van driver was lovely! We had a nice chat about run Disney and her job!
Up next MK!

I got to MK and figured I would get my snack to eat in line. Well I get to Storybook treats across from Mine Train and it’s down! I could see a few trains go by but was still saying down. The shortly after I saw the engineers, it looked like they were Fixing the tracks.
1680363445934.jpeg
I decided to get my Snow White cone and head to meet a friend. I had met her at the grinch breakfast back in November and then was suggested her an article she wrote on Facebook and reached out to her and we are now internet friends! Like all of you! She was going to the Peter Pan meet! So I headed that way to say hey!
1680363571852.jpeg
I really enjoyed this cone! It was refreshing and sweet and I would get it again!

We met Peter Pan. This was pretty fun, he was asking how we all know each other and if I was their nanny since I was in blue! I said no but he asked what I did for work I said I was an accountant, and when he asked what that was I said I worked with numbers and he said I sounded like a grown up! I rarely meet face characters with out my kids so this was really fun!

1680363762149.jpeg

Then I checked and mine train was still down so I started to collect my statues which took a bit of time. Oh this was fun…. Some of these are hard to find or really hard to scan. Plus the ones in the hub everyone wants photos with. So I was trying to scan Donald Duck and this guy was looking at me like I was insane. He said sorry backed away so he could take his photo explained what I was doing and when back to it. Well about 5 minutes later I heard him (in another language) making fun of me and re inacting what I was doing! I’m assuming he didn’t understand me when I explained it.

1680363853844.jpeg

Out side of this interaction I met a few nice people while scanning, including cast members!

Mine train was still down and it was 445, so I decided to head out.
1680364004190.jpeg

Would I head back and complete the challenge I set out for (MK closed at 11). Or would I call it and just enjoy the day!

Travel day! This will be text heavy and maybe a bit boring but want to get it done in one shot.

I had a noon appointment which I knew would go one of two ways, perfect and I would have time to kill or run late. I’m sure you can guess which happened! I didn’t get out till 1:20ish luckily I had a plan. I would drive to the airport and my husband would Uber there and he would drive my car home. It ended up working perfect, he arrived about 3 minutes before me and then I hoped out and was on my way! This is a major benefit to living so close to the airport!

I have clear and pre check and was in the brand new terminal A with in minutes. I looked for some quick food as it was 2 and boarding was 246. I grabbed a quick sandwich and took 2 works calls and headed to the gate.
They started boarding but there was a mechanical issue and were boarding by row not zone. They announced they needed a part to fix a light, and we were delayed. Originally it said 430, but the part arrived quickly (it looked like a cover to a fixture but who am I). Now they made quick work of it and we were pushing back from the gate at 405. However then there was an air traffic control issue and we were delayed yet again. We finally took off around 5.

I could see my evening plans at Epcot slipping away. So I made a pivot and changed my park reservation HS.
View attachment 745974

I figured I could try and see fantastic at 930.

Honestly I have kids and I really try not to judge but the family behind us were something else! The dad kept burping out loud, the kid was kicking the chairs no one asking him to stop, the daughter across the aisle was poking the person in front of her, I am not sure what was going on. But I’ll assume they had a long day… anyway the landing was rough and then we sat and waited for a gate. As we were exiting the plane we passed first class and it looks like some took a bag of some crunch snack spilled it and stomped on it. It was pretty bad that the flight attendant was explaining it to people through laughter! So long story short the flight was interesting, and I was hoping this wasn’t foreshadowing for the rest of my weekend!

I made it off the plane and called an Uber which was 12 minutes away (why)! I decided to go right to HS and made it to the park by 835 and on Hollywood Blvd by 845! Security took a bit as I had my luggage (just a personal item) and I as usually was chatting up the security guard!

View attachment 745977

View attachment 745980

I decided I also wanted something sweet and maybe a drink, so I ordered one of my fav 50th anniversary treats! I wish I had ordered the one at Fairfax fair since it looked really good, and different than what I normally get, But I’ll settled for this cookie anyday! Also got a drink.
View attachment 745981

Then I headed to wait for fantasmic, I could have gone to the hotel as I had plenty of time and a great seat for fantasmic! The amphitheatre wasn’t full. However I am happy I got my bowl as I have wanted to try it for a while!

I hadn’t seen fantasmic in a while it may be pre kids! I can’t be sure, but either way fab as always, and as we were exiting they were giving out the left over popcorn which I thought was very nice!

I realized I forgot a hair brush I stopped in a store or two to see if I could find one, no luck! If this was a single dinglehopper I may have purchased it!
View attachment 745982

As I was getting back to the hotel my heal was bothering me! I don’t think it’s fully forgiven me for the 5k and 10K on Princess weekend and a 5k at home the following week! I was hoping to not have any issues this trip. When I was packing I couldn’t decide on what sneakers to bring, I hope I made the right call!

Next up starting my morning in AK
We bought that set when we were out last year and it was a house warming set for us.

Cute meet with Peter! 🙂
It was a really fun meet! I was so happy I did it!
I'd try the challenge!
It was fun, and I would totally do it again!
We bought that set when we were out last year and it was a house warming set for us.
Omg jealous! It is gorgeous!
What a fun challange!
It was fun!
Thanks so much for posting. I enjoyed reading this. :)
Thanks for following along! I have Epcot and maybe back to MK to go, going to try and post this week!

I made it to the monorail and to the transit center and then made a rookie mistake and got back on an MK monorail, so I went through a nice trip and back to the transit center.

I was updating my trip notes/report and instead of crossing the platform went down and out and well I took a trip!

It was fine, nice and relaxing!

I arrived at Epcot and it was time to take some photos and head to eat some food!

1683032571781.jpeg
1683032625375.jpegWe are still in a big Encanto phase in my house so had to snap a photo of this beauty!

First up for food was brunchcot, I got the avocado toast, this was so pretty and the flavors were right, but the acacado was pre made and wasn’t my fav (like the store bought guacamole).
1683032706879.jpeg

Then I went to northern bloom and couldn’t decide between scallop or beef tenderloin and these other people were chatting saying how good the scallops were so sold! No photo but they were good!

My bestie which i haven’t updated on yet had landed and was expected to be at international gate way around 620. It was 5:55 so I went to France to get us frozen rose! I meet such a nice young girl in line! She was on her 21st birthday trip with her parents and cousins and her cousins met her in line and were just so fun! We chatted and joked, and they were discussing who would pay for the drinks, and I decided to buy them a round. They were legit so taken back and appreciative! You go young fun people I love you!!

I then walked from France to international gateway with two very full frozen rose. A few people were going cheers and I feel ya! I finished mine while waiting but she was right on time around 620!

1683032824635.jpeg

She put her stuff in the locker and we were off for a fun night in Epcot!

I will admit during the day when I had downtime I wrote out this report, now that my friend had arrived it’s a bit fuzzy, but here we go!

We started to walk international gate way, we went to morrraco and got the hummus trio and the orange spice cake. The hummus was fine, but it was hummus and nothing crazy special. The spice cake was well interesting it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t my fav! Picture of the cake!

1683032890696.jpeg

We then headed toward China, and bestie wanted crab raccoons, I stoped in Japan and got the sushi, it was pretty good!

1683033337619.jpeg
I have space so a picture of the sushi!

Then we decided to get our fav cookie in Germany, I mobile ordered it, and this bag was just so fun and really made my night!

1683032950904.jpeg

We sat and ate for a bit, and honestly this was almost two months ago and my notes are pretty much non existent at this point… but the next photo is at guradians at 830! So we will go with we walked chatted and maybe got a drink? I’m almost positive we rode the boat ride in Mexico it’s one of our must dos!

We decided to grab a spot for harmonious as it was the last time we would get to see it! We ended up scoring a pretty good spot about 15 minutes before, dead center! But I won’t miss the barges!

I decided to admit defeat and not head back to MK, we needed to get the bag from the locker by international gate way and to go to MK would need to go all front, and just decided it wasn’t worth it.

I had a fabulous day and will plan another challenge for myself in the future!

I really had an amazing day meeting and chatting with tons of people! I love talking to everyone I have a fun idea plan for my birthday trip in December so stay tuned!

Super nice of you to buy those girls a round of drinks! Also love that you had one waiting for your bestie when she arrived. Now that’s a true friend! 😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter