Last minute 4 park challenge! - Park 4, updated 5/2

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
This is a pre trip report and trip report in one! Trip is in less than a week! This report will mostly be for Saturday when I attempt my own 4 parks challenge.

I have an AP preview for Tron next Sunday!

I am flying in Friday night and have till 5ish on Saturday before my bestie meets me in the evening.

So I’m going to do a 4 park challenge, my plan is to do each ride that offers ILL in each park, a snack and scan all the gold statues.

My plan is to purchase ILL for Guardians for the latest time I can get and for FoP for as close to 2pm as I can get, if possible. Obviously guardians since there is no stand by is the priority!

I’ll start in HS rope drop Rise, get a ronto wrap for breakfast and a pop tart from woodies lunch box. If I can I’ll get on TSMM it will be a bonus!

Then around 1 I’ll hop to AK to do FoP, I'm
not sure what snack I’ll get here but open to suggestions. I may do cheeseburger pods if I can’t think of something else.

Then I’ll head to MK and wait on mine train, whatever the wait is… I’ll probably get a Mickey bar or spring rolls here.

Ideally it’s around 5ish now and I will either head to the hotel or right to Epcot to meet my friend where we will eat and snack around Epcot and hopefully have a late Guardians return time.

Last edited:
Sounds like a really ambitious but fun exercise you have challenged yourself with. Looking forward to hearing about the results! Following :-)

Originally the plan was a late flight Friday 6pm which would get me in around 8:50 assuming no delays. At the hotel by 10.

However the opportunity has presented its self to leave a bit early, I could get a 12:30 or 3:30 flight for $20 more.

I would need to move one appointment to make the 1230 work and then would need to work on the flight which means brining my computer, which means shlepping it to MK Sunday and leaving it in a locker.

So I’m leaning towards the 3:30 flight which if on time could still get me 60-90 minutes in Epcot on Friday night to grab some food booth items for dinner. Or if I’m delayed at least I know I made it for my challenge Saturday morning!

Last edited:

At AK don’t overlook the Mac and cheese at 8 Spoon, the options at Yak &Yeti local foods, the flatbread at Kusafari, or the Buffalo Chicken chips at Trilobites

At AK don’t overlook the Mac and cheese at 8 Spoon, the options at Yak &Yeti local foods, the flatbread at Kusafari, or the Buffalo Chicken chips at Trilobites
Ummm I feel like I want all these things!! Ah just googled and I had this Mac and cheese last trip so good!!

Last edited:
Originally the plan was a late flight Friday 6pm which would get me in around 8:50 assuming no delays. At the hotel by 10.

However the opportunity has presented its self to leave a bit early, I could get a 12:30 or 3:30 flight for $20 more.

I would need to move one appointment to make the 1230 work and then would need to work on the flight which means brining my computer, which means shlepping it to MK Sunday and leaving it in a locker.

So I’m leaning towards the 3:30 flight which if on time could still get me 60-90 minutes in Epcot on Friday night to grab some food both items for dinner. Or if I’m delayed at least I know I made it for my challenge Saturday morning!
I'd lean toward the 3:30 flight as well. Gives you some buffer room so you don't miss out on what sounds like a great day planned!!

I've been burned by flights too many times in recent years. Two stand out the most. Last April, DD and I had the 6 a.m. SW flight from DC to MCO. Our flight thankfully left around 9 a.m. but everyone else that day leaving from DCA was canceled. I was SO happy we booked that early flight since it was a short trip. When we got to Universal, we met people who were stuck there for 3 extra days because all SW flights had all been canceled. This was before the most recent major melt down SW had.

American has burned me too by canceling last minute after we had boarding passes and nothing available for another day (and sent 3 of 5 of us to different airports on different days). We had to rent a last-minute 1-way car rental from DC to Orlando to get to our plans on time.

I like your idea of extra time :). Gives you time to pivot if needed!

Good luck! I always wanted to try this challenge but I normally go to Disney with my mom who is now 80. Might be too tiring for her. Can hardly wait to see how it turns out.

I'd lean toward the 3:30 flight as well. Gives you some buffer room so you don't miss out on what sounds like a great day planned!!

I've been burned by flights too many times in recent years. Two stand out the most. Last April, DD and I had the 6 a.m. SW flight from DC to MCO. Our flight thankfully left around 9 a.m. but everyone else that day leaving from DCA was canceled. I was SO happy we booked that early flight since it was a short trip. When we got to Universal, we met people who were stuck there for 3 extra days because all SW flights had all been canceled. This was before the most recent major melt down SW had.

American has burned me too by canceling last minute after we had boarding passes and nothing available for another day (and sent 3 of 5 of us to different airports on different days). We had to rent a last-minute 1-way car rental from DC to Orlando to get to our plans on time.

I like your idea of extra time :). Gives you time to pivot if needed!
That sounds no fun! I did go with 3:30 and now the weather looks kinda crappy tomorrow night so I’m happy I went a bit early.
I intensely want to be in AK right now.
I always want to intensely be some place not my office! AK is high on the list.
Good luck! I always wanted to try this challenge but I normally go to Disney with my mom who is now 80. Might be too tiring for her. Can hardly wait to see how it turns out.
Ugh I hear you, I have wanted to do it for a while but my 4 year old could never do it, my 8 year old maybe, but she is more into specific rides so not sure she would want to do it either.

I do find the 2pm hop a bit annoying and making it more of a rush in the afternoon, but I’m excited either way!

All packed and ready to go! Just taking a personal item so not much to bring. But I still needed 3 pairs of ears, 4 magic bands and 2 Fanny packs go figure!

I also realized I never linked my hotel to MDE luckily did that and hopefully it took with no issues as without that tomorrow may be a disaster! (Staying at the dolphin)

I may also have added a mini challenge to Sunday! Stay tuned what I end up doing but I think I want to test how many LLs I can use in MK, I’ve done something similar before, but never as a challenge, my unofficial goal is 10 but we will see how the day goes and such!

As always if you want to follow semi live you can follow me on insta laurenalexis6

Otherwise I’ll update here probably Monday and then I’ll have more pictures!

Little bit of rain currently but weather looks great tomorrow & next.
I looked for hotel rooms and entire resort including Swan & Dolphin are Sold Out for next week . Hope the crowds stay away for you until Monday !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter