Kardiebelle's Journal comments welcome!!

I'm so sorry to hear of your fridge woes! How frustrating!!! I think you're doing a great job hanging on despite the circumstances!

I really hope you feel better soon--it's no fun to be sick during the summer. Take care of yourself!

Hi Kardiebelle!!

Sorry to see the fridge woes continue! Subsisting on fast food/junk food can definitely affect how you feel. I hope they get it fixed next week!!!
Your food journaling idea sounds great! I hope that it blossoms into a useful tool in your journey! :flower:

Have a good night!
Mike :goodvibes

Hi everyone, Thanks for the bestwishes. I need them. Well yesterday I talked to DH and he noticed that I was having a harder time keepig up with the DIET thing. He talked to me and told me he knows how much I want this but he also knows how hard it is for me. I know that I can do it because I have been doing it for 40 days now but the weight is not coming off as fast as before. I expected this to happen but it is hard when you have to face it. You feel that Gees I only lost .5 of a pound with exercise and 1500 calorie intake I should go back to eating all I want again. I know this will not help but that is how I sometimes feel. I know many of you out there feel the same way. I did start to journal everything yesterday again. dinner was bad though be prepared.

breakfast bowl of cereal
snack kool aid jammers popcicle
lunch grilled cheese and fries
snack a handful of fries DH brought home from hospital
dinner papa john's pizza 2 pieces from a large all meat
3 breadstix with a little cheese and garlic dipping
water 2.5 liters

Isn't is sad that we have to pay for the cheese dipping now? :)

Breakfast today 7-29-05
1 waffle 115
2 sausage links 200
light syrup 25

I will update later. Time to visit everyone else. kardiebelle

Hi Kardibelle!!

So sorry to hear that you are feeling so frustrated! I don't think I have any magic tricks to make it go away, sadly, but I think you should think about how you were feeling 40 days ago and what put you on this path. Would it feel better to go back to living like that or to keep going knowing you are making healthy choices for yourself? What can we do to help? Just ask! :grouphug: Sorry if I got sappy for a moment, I just really felt the emotions in your words and wanted you to know I'm here for you as you are for so many of us here! :goodvibes

Now on a separate note...

kardiebelle said:
Isn't is sad that we have to pay for the cheese dipping now? :)

Wha-wha-what!!! They are charging for the cheese sauce??? The heavenly golden cheese sauce??? :earseek: I am not sure I like this!! Although, if it is so, then it will go along ways towards keeping me away from Papa Johns and the sticks of carbo dynamite, aka the wonderful breadsticks.
Who can we write to get this changed???!!! Hehehehe!

I do hope that you have a happy & healthy night! Come on back and vent if you get really frustrated. That's why we're here! :flower:

Mike :maleficen

I'm sorry about your frustration - but you have the attitude to beat this beast and stay on track. I am the "I didn't lose much this week so it's over" and the "I lost 10 pounds now I can eat this and this today" person. But I have found that this time I have overcome that. By now I would have been back to bad choices since I lost 10 pounds - before that was the okay to eat what I wanted for a day - NOT ANYMORE. WE CAN DO THIS, WE CAN DO THIS, YOU CAN DO THIS, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Hang in there (Papa John's isn't charging for the garlic sauce too are they??? - nope, nope, don't want to know, not gonna eat it when it comes back to town, not gonna do it!!!! ).

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Cruise04 said:
(Papa John's isn't charging for the garlic sauce too are they??? - nope, nope, don't want to know, not gonna eat it when it comes back to town, not gonna do it!!!! ).

No we get the garlic sauce for free still. Just the cheese sauces we have to pay for.

Well I got on the scale after geting back on track this week and writing everything down. It read 187. Yeah, I lost 1.5 more pounds this week. It doesn't seem right but it keeps reading that so I will take it. I am very happy for myself. I would love to thank all my disWISH buddies for all the support through this tough time. Even though we don't have a fridge we are doing great. My neighbors are great. They have two fridges and are letting me go in their house any time to get what I need out of it. I would take living next door to great neighbors in a smaller house than in a rich fancy house and snooty neighbors anyday. :)

Anyway I went to a wedding yesterday and we left after cake. I wanted to leave before but when the kids saw it they had to have it. I wasn't eating one and then when I went up the get the kids one the bride handed me one too. I couldn't tell her no. It was a small piece so I had no worries about it.

Breakfast
Bowl of cereal and a slice of strawberry bread. very good

Hi Kardiebelle!

Yay for your loss and for having such great neighbors!!!!
:maleficen :maleficen :maleficen :maleficen :maleficen

No worries about the wedding cake, they have no calories because they are made of love! :goodvibes

Hope you have a great day!
Mike :flower:

Congrats on your loss!!! :cool1:

Way to go! :cheer2:

Don't worry about wedding cake--I am of the firm belief that it's calorie free! :teeth:

Today was great. Very hot here but we had a nice day. Just kept on the air. After dinner me and the kids went outside and we played in the hose. It was fun. Yesterday I did the 4 mile WATP and today I did the 2 mile WATP. I am craving a piece of wedding. My sister brought over some left over cake. What are the rules left over wedding cake? Anyone?

have a great night kardiebelle

Hi Kardiebelle!!

Glad you had a great day! I have done research on what is called "the Leftover Wedding Cake Principle". Apparently leftover wedding cake carries ten times the calories of a regular piece of cake due to the concentrated high levels of post-wedding joy. The happier the wedding, the less calories in the food at the wedding... those calories have to go somewhere, so they apparently float into the kitchen and when the leftover cake is wrapped up they get trapped in the cellophane and boxes. It is a tragic story really when people forget this, have a piece of cake after the wedding and gain 50lbs overnight. The only exception is piece save for the 1st anniversary in the freezer. For the piece those extra calories seep out into the ice, which causes random weight gain when newlyweds think all they are getting is ice. You can get a book on this at Amazon. :goodvibes

Have a great Tuesday,

Mike you know how to cheer someone up. I know the leftover wedding cake is now in the garbage. I took two pieces of cake for the kids and to the garbage went to rest of it. Yesterday was great me and the kids had a great day. My niece and Nephew came to milwaukee (they live 6 hours away on a Native American Reservation) they will be here for the whole month. Which is so exciting for us because we all miss them so much. I still have not been writing everything down. I know this is a big mistake because I always forget what I eat through the day. If I am serious about losing the weight then I should start to buckle down and write.
Talk to you later kardiebelle.

Today
Breakfast 2 waffles 230
2 sausage links 140
light syrup 50 (less than this because I only had 2-3 teaspoons)

Hi, Kardiebelle! How are you doing, sweetie? I am so inspired by your dedication to exercise. You are really kicking on those WATP tapes! It's wonderful that you found some exercise to do that you can fit into your busy schedule.

And congratulations on the 1.5 pound loss! AWESOME!!!

I am so sorry you have been dealing with the awful refrigerator situation, but am so glad you have nice neighbors. Hopefully, it is creating a great relationship for the future!

Your kids are gorgeous!

Now, get back on track with writing down your food! It will make you feel better. You are doing everything else right, so you HAVE to be proud and motivated!

Have an awesome evening!

Hugs,
Cam

kardiebelle said:
Mike you know how to cheer someone up. I know the leftover wedding cake is now in the garbage. I took two pieces of cake for the kids and to the garbage went to rest of it. Yesterday was great me and the kids had a great day. My niece and Nephew came to milwaukee (they live 6 hours away on a Native American Reservation) they will be here for the whole month. Which is so exciting for us because we all miss them so much. I still have not been writing everything down. I know this is a big mistake because I always forget what I eat through the day. If I am serious about losing the weight then I should start to buckle down and write.
Talk to you later kardiebelle.

Today
Breakfast 2 waffles 230
2 sausage links 140
light syrup 50 (less than this because I only had 2-3 teaspoons)

Hi Kardibelle,

Glad to bring a smile! Hope that journaling your food gets better for you! Seems to be a great help to many people.

Have a great night!

Good morning, Kardiebelle! How are you today? Is it as wicked hot there as it is here? I think they are calling for a heat index in excess of 100 again. I hope you and the kids get to go play under the hose again!

How are things looking for the fridge situation? Are you coping okay?

I hope you are journaling your food today! It will be fun for you to look back on it after a week or so and see what you were doing right and what impact it had on the scale, and more importantly, on how you feel.

Have a great day!

Thank Mike and Cam for the kind words. Yes the fridge is still out. The MAN as scheduled for yesterday be never came so I called Sears and they told me that he will come today and I got the day mixed up. I don't think that I did but now I Don't remember because I was 1 week ago. We are all doing fine though. The heat has been so horrible here. The humidity is even worse. But we are getting a cool down soon. I think tonight. It is going to drop into the 80's which is still warm but hey I will take it since we been in the upper 90's.

Yesterday lunch was
1 cup a light prepared mac & Cheese with a hot dog on bread
did you know that on the side of a mac and cheese kraft box at the bottom they have a light way to prepare the mac and cheese. It still taste good.

dinner was a small dish of spaghetti with 4 small meatballs and a huge salad with the fresh grown tomatoes from my garden.

Today

Breakfast 2 microwave pancakes.
1 TBSP syrup

Hi Kardiebelle!!

So sorry to hear that the fridge drama continues!! I hope that it gets resolved soon. I am sure that the heat is just making the situation worse too.
Hope there is relief on that front too!!

I hope that you have a great night and have an even better Friday!!
Mike :goodvibes

Well my day goes great till dinner. I had peanut butter and jelly sandwich and yogurt for lunch and no snack after. Then came dinner I took the kids to the area pool and we walked there and back. But for dinner we stopped at taco bell I had 2 hard taco supremes and 1 soft taco supreme. I had a couple drinks of the fruit punch that I got the kids because I forgot my water bottle at home.

The Fridge is fixed YEAH! I still have it unpluged because they want me to completely defrost it and then restart it. They tried to charge me again though. I told him the other man let me just get the extended warrenty and then everything would be covered under that. He went on about how that is illegal and this man is going to fired and started to make me feel very uncomfortable. I was completely speechless. But I had no idea that's not my job. RIGHT? I didn't know the other man could not sell me the extended warrenty. In the end though the man today had to put me down that I had the warrenty because I do. So I lucked out in the end and didn't have to pay. YEAH for me!!!

Tomarrow is DH and my anniversary. We have been married for 5 years. He has off all weekend too. We need to catch a movie or catch up on how each of us is doing since we never see each other. :rotfl2: My neighbors tell me I am going to have a very sucessful marriage because we are never together to fight let alone catch up on each other. Our kids really miss him but they are used to it. It breaks his heart when they ask him when he will be home and he says tomarrow afternoon. But then he comes home and goes right to sleep for a while. The kids know he is helping kids like them that are very sick and they need him. But it is going to get hard when they start to think that he is there for other kids but them. I try to make their living fun but there is only so much that I can do. We do miss him. :guilty: It's only for a couple of years.

Well time to visit my dis friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter