Just got a nice surprise from our DVC!

DreamingofDisney

Earning My Ears
I haven't had a whole lot of time to spend on the boards lately, so maybe I've missed this somewhere. Anyway, a nice patriotic surprise from DVC was in the mail today. Don't want to ruin the surprise, but like I said maybe it's already been discussed. Way to go DVC, can't wait to be home on Nov. 24!! Thanks for making me proud!

Wow, Carol, I missed that thread! I hope we get them too. I definately need two, however, because my DH will certainly wont his own!

The new pins sound really nice. I hope to get one.

Last year, we never got a VWL pin when everyone else was receiving one.
I feel left out. What determines who gets the pins?

Suzanne

CarolMN,

Yep, that's it! I'm glad it was a surprise and that I hadn't found that other thread. Thanks for tracking it down. These are the only pins I have received from DVC, we have been members since 12/99.

Have a great day everyone!

slindamood....the pins and other goodies seem to be kind of hit or miss.

I've heard of a lot of goodies being sent. I got the tote bag, license frame....I think that's it. No pins.

Doesn't really bug me except this is the one thing I do hope they send me. It sounds really nice and it blends the emotions of "home" and country nicely.

Crossing the fingers and checking the mail!! :(

I got a Wildeness Lodge pin when it opened last year, didn't everyone get them?? I own at BWV so I thought everyone got them.

I my pins today. A very cool surprise.

Are they also selling these pins in the parks, stores?

Tigger

DVC Members will be receiving this special commemorative pin in the mail. This pin is slightly different than the WDW Mickey American Flag Head Pin, as the WDW pin has larger stars and stripes.

DVC_flagpin101801.jpg

The back of the DVC gift pin reads...

Disney Vacation Club
In Remembrance September 11, 2001

With the pin, is a card that reads
"Together, memories, family, freedom, home".

Then Walt's quote of March 1, 1941
"Tomorrow will be better for as long as
America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life".

and inside the card...
"If we look closely, we can see it.
The truest spirit of America stands before us
in our steadfast belief in brighter tomorrows and
our magical faith in new beginnings."

Granny -

Glad to know I am not alone. Received the bag and the license plate. While the VWL pins were obviously a nice treat, I did not mind that I did not receive one and had forgotten about it until now.

The new pin is so special that I will be disappointed if it does not come. The card that comes with it is very touching.

We recieved our pins today. What a nice surprise. Did not know they were coming. I have been off the boards for a few days.

They are a little different from the one we have. When we first started trading pins my husband bought a Mickey head with the stars and stripes on it. That was back in 1999. When these came to today we checked.

The ones we received today have more stars and the stripes are thinner and a few more than the other.

Hi Granny! I just wanted to let you know that a fellow Missourian got hers yesterday in the mail. So maybe yours will be there really soon! What a nice gift. :smooth:

:) :) I received our suprise today. We were home (BWV) over 9-22-01 long weekend and looked everywhere for them. All sold out. Very hot item. This truly made my day. I'm so thrilled we joined DVC last spring. Wish we would have done it sooner
:) :) :)

This is very good news!! We just got back from WDW and couldn't fint this pin anywhere. They were always sold out. Hope one shows up in our mailbox.:cool:

hi: got our pins today. they are very nice and i'll be sure to wear mine, especially when we are at wdw.

Did anyone else from New Jersey get pins yet? We never received the WLV pins but would really like to receive these.

Well I must say, I've been off the boards for awhile too. I was very surprised when I retrieved my mail today and found a padded envelope from DVC. I knew it was something special, but WOW, this is more than I ever imagined!!! :D :D :D

Got ours in northern Illinois yesterday! They are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter