June 2013 Car Rental When Best Deals

Mine is coming up $179.72 for my week, maybe yours is more by $10 because you are picking it up earlier? I'm picking up at 11:30PM.

Interesting about Alamo, my rate came way down today. June 18-24 (weekly rate) standard car $116 all in using Insider rate and Visa $30 off AD2338FDF code to/from MCO. Last week it was in the $178 range.

June 21 to July 1 is running $172 for a mid size with Alamo Insider and visa coupon AD2338FDF..

I am so frustrated. I put in so many different codes now. And for my dates, June 26 noon-July 5, 4 p.m. I get $301 total using the insiders code and visa coupon. Pretty much same rate no matter what codes. So this is for Alamo and a midsize car.

for now I am booking with Budget at Holliday Inn, Universal for $210 for standard car, June 28th, 4pm-July 5th , 4 pm. but, hoping for better.

I am so frustrated. I put in so many different codes now. And for my dates, June 26 noon-July 5, 4 p.m. I get $301 total using the insiders code and visa coupon. Pretty much same rate no matter what codes. So this is for Alamo and a midsize car.

for now I am booking with Budget at Holliday Inn, Universal for $210 for standard car, June 28th, 4pm-July 5th , 4 pm. but, hoping for better.

Try Dollar. They are doing "City special rates" for MCO. If you put in your dates then follow then link to the city special rates, it comes up to around $195 for the midsize. Hope that helps!

Interesting about Alamo, my rate came way down today. June 18-24 (weekly rate) standard car $116 all in using Insider rate and Visa $30 off AD2338FDF code to/from MCO. Last week it was in the $178 range.

See the closer you get to your travel date the rate drops dramatically

I don't like the new Alamo site. It is difficult to clear codes to check various ones. The old site was much more user friendly. I also saw if you are a week out you can use product code IG that sometimes it will bring the price down as well. I am down to 189.26 (standard) for June 21-July1 and still hoping to get it a bit lower. I know others may be cheaper but I just prefer Alamo/National as I like them and are used to their routines. I like
to go with what I know and have never gone wrong with either of them.

I don't like the new Alamo site. It is difficult to clear codes to check various ones. The old site was much more user friendly. I also saw if you are a week out you can use product code IG that sometimes it will bring the price down as well.

Agreed. The new Alamo site is terrible. It's like they were going for "Alamo for Dummies" or something, but its certainly much more difficult to try different codes (maybe that's the intention).

In case anyone is wondering, the IG product code (not coupon) is the Alamo "last minute" code. Since its not a coupon code, you can attempt to stack a coupon code on it as well. Doesn't always work, but is worth a try. This time of year, I doubt there's many IG discounts for MCO, but you never know...

Check Budget! My dates are 6/20-7/1.

I just got a full-size car for $164 through Costco! I have an Alamo reservation for $217 and I prefer Alamo, but I can't pass up that Budget rate!!

Try Dollar. They are doing "City special rates" for MCO. If you put in your dates then follow then link to the city special rates, it comes up to around $195 for the midsize. Hope that helps!

You did the same thing I did last night! I found that rate and was ready to book, but as it turns out it is the "base" rate total and my true total was $278. I just checked it again.. same thing. I will stay on it and appreciate all the help on these boards!

Check Budget! My dates are 6/20-7/1.

I just got a full-size car for $164 through Costco! I have an Alamo reservation for $217 and I prefer Alamo, but I can't pass up that Budget rate!!

Just checked budget from MCO, $318 for a standard June 28-July 5.

So our trip is over. We arrived on the 8th about 1.5hrs later than our reservation due to delays. We returned out car 2 hours early due to bad weather. When we picked up the car it was $126. $3 cheaper than my reservation. I was very happy with that. When we dropped it off, since it was early Alamo charged us $3.02/hr instead if a full day. We walked away paying $119 for a full size for 1 week. Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter