Change to a VGT plan after pay in full date (from a room with window)

Drbutters56

Earning My Ears
I know it is a pipe dream to switch from a paid in full room to a VGT plan, but let's say you have a booked inside room. Can you switch to a VGT Verandah as long as the price is higher?

If it's before the PIF date you can cancel and rebook to cheaper reservation ( I think if paid in full) .. happened to me once but I believe normally those rates come after PIF but sometimes you get lucky.. but I would call and ask. first

I know it is a pipe dream to switch from a paid in full room to a VGT plan, but let's say you have a booked inside room. Can you switch to a VGT Verandah as long as the price is higher?
Usually the VGT price would be lower than a full price inside cabin, so your example is very unlikely.

But the terms for *GT is that it has to be a new booking, so I think it’s a hard no anyway. There are instances however, where you still would save money if you cancel early after PIF date as the penalty isn’t too high at the beginning. So penalty plus *GT fare can still be less than original booking. However, if you cancel you will lose all the bookings for activities and excursions you already made.

It would be a cancel and rebook. With all the cancellation penalties being applied. You would just have to do the math and see if it works out favorably for you to upgrade. And you will lose everything you already booked. This wouldn’t bother us, but would bother others.

Might have to make changes myself in the next two weeks. Want to go from HA veranda for 5 to an inside no-window no-wheelchair room for 2. We need to cut back so I can pay for the others to rebook in the future. We still have a second room place holder we can book with.

Might have to make changes myself in the next two weeks. Want to go from HA veranda for 5 to an inside no-window no-wheelchair room for 2. We need to cut back so I can pay for the others to rebook in the future. We still have a second room place holder we can book with.
Second room placeholder? The type that gets booked on the same cruise as a placeholder? Or do you have two placeholders from two unique cruises?

Making sure you are aware of restrictions.

Also, if you use a placeholder and need to change anything, make sure to MODIFY - not Cancel your initial reservation. Otherwise, you lose you placeholder (and any discount).

Second room placeholder? The type that gets booked on the same cruise as a placeholder? Or do you have two placeholders from two unique cruises?

Making sure you are aware of restrictions.

Also, if you use a placeholder and need to change anything, make sure to MODIFY - not Cancel your initial reservation. Otherwise, you lose you placeholder (and any discount).
Well I have both. But they expire soon.
I was referring to the two place holders for the same day/same cruise for this.
Sounds like I should just modify the current reservation or lose $250. But a modification seems like I’ll have to stay in the same cabin level, which I believe to be 4B but I would feel guilty having a handicap room. my parents aren’t going any longer. I need to make that change.
It’s such a waste for my daughter and I to have a veranda.

Sounds like I should just modify the current reservation or lose $250.
If a placeholder goes unused by the expiration date the $250 will be automatically refunded.

You can’t use a placeholder for a *GT. If you are before the PIF date, you can modify the existing booking to any category stateroom other than *GT. If after the PIF date, if you cancel you are subject to penalty so be sure the *GT is still a savings.

You cannot modify a previous reservation to a Guaranteed room with restrictions. As mentioned above, Guaranteed rooms with restrictions require a new reservation, which will cancel any excursions, adult dining, and other onboard activities that were booked.

For the first 44 or 63 days after the final payment date (depending on whether the cruise is 1-5 nights or 6+ nights) the cancellation fee will be the deposit amount. Then the cancellation fee jumps to 50% of the cruise fare until 29 days before sailing, when it jumps again to 75%.

So, if you don’t have reservations that you would regret cancelling and it’s within a few weeks of making your final payment, it may be worthwhile losing the deposit and booking a better room with a VGT rate if one is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter