July 28, 2007 - "Rome-ancing the Mouse Cruisers" -11 days! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone want to attach a lime green ribbon on a backpack, strap, etc. Somewhere visible - for Saturday?

Usually it means you are from the disboards. We did this for one cruise and another cruise (I think it was the West Coast) we all had on green/lime green tshirts/tops, polo shirts - whatever clothing you had on.

Just a thought - I am sure some of us will cross paths on Saturday.

My son is home safe (so is his passport). You should have seen his luggage - what a mess. Everything thrown about, wet and full of sand. I said - did I teach you nothing when we go away?

They were not thrilled about the place nor the food but they had a good time. He did say, it was a "kids" place. Now I need to warn my sister. She is booked here for November with her dh.

Anyway - first day they had some major rain and their room on the first floor was flooded w/4 inches of rain. Luggages and other items on floor soaked/ruined. They were told and someone has some sort of documentation that they are to go to their travel agent to get reimbursed for 3 nights. Breezes told them that they get paid from the TA? I don't know :confused3 I hope they were being honest with them.

Let's see if this happens

Okay, POST 7933 page 529 will be our family pictures. If you post one, I will add it to this post so we will all be on the same post.

I will add mine now,
Lisa

And I will add ours as well.
DisneyPhotoImage5.jpg

Okay, POST 7933 page 529 will be our family pictures. If you post one, I will add it to this post so we will all be on the same post.

I will add mine now,
Lisa

Does anyone want to attach a lime green ribbon on a backpack, strap, etc. Somewhere visible - for Saturday?

Usually it means you are from the disboards. We did this for one cruise and another cruise (I think it was the West Coast) we all had on green/lime green tshirts/tops, polo shirts - whatever clothing you had on.

Just a thought - I am sure some of us will cross paths on Saturday.

Sounds like a good idea. One more thing on list---Lime green ribbon!! The Dollar Store loves me...:banana: The manager thinks she is going on the cruise with us. Everytime I come in she asks what are we up to now??:laughing:
This is more fun than a slumber party---remember those??:dance3:

Is in the area of Placa Catalunya,which is going up La Rambla from the port, its very doable. Just down from my hotel.
We're not arriving until Saturday and I'm starting to rethink my excursione in Barcelona....maybe it would be fun to go there after we've checked in to see a little of Spain and then head back to the ship (although once we're on the ship, we probably won't want to leave!:thumbsup2

Thanks

Im just waiting now for the phonecall from head office - Giving them until 7:15pm then I'm getting back on the phone :headache:

You think wishes is a good firework show - you aint seen me:mad: lol
Helen, we're a lot alike!!
:guilty:

If I don't remember, PM me! Right now I am waiting for DCL to call and say they have changed my air from 10:00am to 1:15pm on the 8th. Keep your fingers crossed and a little pixie dust:tinker: for luck!! I don't want to have to leave the boat in my Mickey PJ's.

You already got your flight info? Wow, maybe that means cabin assignments are next?

Did we decide when we will get the lanyards? Sometimes I have a lot of pages to ketchup and miss something!

I plan to hand out wherever I see someone. so probably at the Grand Marina, the fountain show, most definitely at the port checkin, the DIS meet.

If you are a member of AAA you can get your money exchange thru them for no fee. I checked their web site while you guys were napping :angel: and I am going to call our local office tomorrow. I will let you know what I find out.:idea:
My sister checked them out and said the exchange rate wasn't too good. She went with Wells Fargo. I plan on going with Bank of America. I signed up online for the free checking account offer they are doing right now. I have a checking account at a small credit union and am nervous that their ATM card will work in Europe. I asked them and they were like huh? It does have PLUS service I think, so it should work but then the bank said I can only withdraw a small amount per day plus they said if it doesn't work, give them a call from Europe. So it just doesn't sound good. I think the BofA ATM card will be more handy plus I can order foreign currency through the checking account.

Funluvin and Alexcturner, I got your payment!

Lanyard Status 7/12:
The panic is over, I'm not short of lanyards anymore thanks to all those that volunteered to cover my mistake:love: ..

Disneylover is making name cards for the lanyards, so please contact her to let her know what name to print.

PICKUP INFORMATION
I will be at the Barcelona port terminal for checkin at noon on the 28th, so please look for me there or if you see the lanyard around somone's neck, ask where they got it and you'll find me. I also will bring lanyards to the DIS meets - whatever is planned and whoever is staying at the Grand Marina, just look me up, I'm there.

Ok so far I have the following interest:
Kyla 9 paid 9 lanyards, 5 reels
Jlawall 7 PAID FOR 7 lanyards, 2 reels
Eeyorelvr10 6 PAIDfor 6 lanyards with 6 RED reels
kidcoos3 5 PAID for 5 lanyards, 5 reels
Andrew UK 4 PAID for 4 lanyards
Salliep 3 PAID for 3 lanyards with 3 (2 RED reels + 1 Black reel)
Pixie DustII 4 PAIDfor 4 lanyards with 4 reels
AnnaS 5 PAIDfor 5 lanyards with 5 reels
disneymagic316 9 PAIDfor 9 lanyards with 9 reels
MrsG 2 PAID2 lanyards, 2 reels
MrsJobba1 2 Barcelona
Lovebeast 4 PAID for 4 lanyards and 3 reels
Iowazipcode 8 PAIDfor 8 lanyards and 8 reels
disneylover 5 5 PAIDfor 5 lanyards
formerCper 4 PAIDfor 4 lanyards, 4 reels
10yrann 8 PAIDfor 8 lanyards
MaryJo 3 PAID for 3 lanyards
LynnTarrant 2 Barcelona
Sandaneli 2 PAIDfor 2 lanyards & 2 reels
JustJus 4 PAID for 4 lanyards and 1 reel
Aurora1959 4 PAID for 4 lanyards and 4 reels
caven 553 7 PAIDfor 7 lanyards and 4 reels
danfromca 6 PAID for 6 lanyards, 6 reels
Bellelinus 4 PAID for 4 lanyards, 1 reel
DisneySpirit 2 PAID for 2 lanyards
donioc 6 PAID for 6 lanyards
disneynutinlondon 4 Barcelona
funluvin 13 PAIDfor 13 lanyards + 13 reels, a mix of black and red reels
Alexcturner 4 PAIDfor 4 lanyards
benspock 4 PAID for 4 lanyards and 4 reels
ukmickeyc 3 Barcelona
scottishwee35 2 PAID for 2 lanyards + 2 reels + postage
bridegirl 11 PAID for 11 lanyards and 11 reels
4kittymagic 2 PAID for 2 lanyards and 2 reels
Total: 168

# badge reels requested:
MrsJobba (2)
salliep (3) 2 red reels and one black
MrsG (2)
AnnaS (5)
eeyorelvr10 (6) RED reels
lovebeast (3)
jlawall (2)
Kidcoos3 (5)
LynnTarrant (2)
justjus (1)
caven553 (4)
Aurora1959 (4)
PixieDustII (4) 2 red & 2 black reels
disneymagic316 9
Iowazipcode (8)
Danfromca (6)
Bellelinus (1)
formerCPer (4)
disneynutinlondon (4)
sandaneli (2)
funluvin (13) mix of black and red reels
kyla (6) mix of black and red reels
benspock (4)
bridegirl (11)
scottishwee35 (2)
4kittymagic (2)
Total: 115

Lanyard Design Options (by formerCPer): Design E is what is being made up
37762Lanyard-Designs3.jpg

:rotfl2:

Funny what people think about us.

YES I DO MEAN A :-

pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Congrats!

Thanks. It is really hard to get a job teaching public school here on Long Island, especially right out of college. We are all breathing a sigh of relief!

Maryann

That is great!! Congrats to all!

My son is home safe (so is his passport). You should have seen his luggage - what a mess. Everything thrown about, wet and full of sand. I said - did I teach you nothing when we go away?

Let's see if this happens
I bet you are so happy to have him home and safe!!

Funluvin and Alexcturner, I got your payment!

Is that everyone??

Ok, I need a new pirate name......any suggestions??

3 more days to go............then let the games begin...packing, cleaning....:cloud9:

Lanyard order is in! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1:
I ordered 9 extra lanyards with reels in case someone shows up wanting one or we can give as gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter