July 22nd, 2023 - 10-Night Iceland, Norway, and France Cruise from Southampton to Copenhagen

Has anyone gotten their luggage tags yet? We are VGT and just got our room # on Tuesday, but we're leaving for London this Tuesday. We're taking Disney transport from London so, if they don't get here I guess we'll be ok.

Has anyone gotten their luggage tags yet? We are VGT and just got our room # on Tuesday, but we're leaving for London this Tuesday. We're taking Disney transport from London so, if they don't get here I guess we'll be ok.
No big deal if you don't have your luggage tags. The porter or DCL transport representative will write your name and room number on a blank one when you hand off your luggage.

We got our luggage tags a month ago. I just got an email that our Isafordur stop has been cancelled because the dock and channel construction at the port is not complete and the ship cannot safely dock, so it will be a sea day. So bummed!!! We leave on Wednesday and arrive at 6:25am Thursday morning in London. We have a tour of Buckingham palace planned for the day.

Is anyone else bummed about losing a day in port (Ísafjörður)? I tried calling DCL but got nowhere in terms of compensation. Curious if anyone was able to get anything? It's such a high-priced cruise... I've missed ports on other itineraries but when it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip like this, the bitter pill is a lot harder to swallow.

Is anyone else bummed about losing a day in port (Ísafjörður)? I tried calling DCL but got nowhere in terms of compensation. Curious if anyone was able to get anything? It's such a high-priced cruise... I've missed ports on other itineraries but when it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip like this, the bitter pill is a lot harder to swallow.
I'm really upset and unhappy over this. We are paying a lot for this cruise and for the airfare to get over there. We would never have booked a European cruise for 10 nights with FOUR ports. It's just ridiculous. I don't understand why they can't get us a second day in Reykjavik or Akureyri. That's what other cruise lines are doing. Another sea day is a massive disappointment.

Hey all - I have been lurking, but hadnt posted. Me (michelle), my partner (sacha), my mom(phyllis) and my 2 daughters, Sophia and Charlotte (almost 12 and almost 7) will be joining. Our kids dont know about the cruise - it's a suprise - We promised our oldest if she read all the Harry Potter books, we'd plan a vacation to London, so they know there are going there - but they know nothing else. Any ideas for telling them about the cruise on our last day in london? Hope to meet some of you on board and safe travels to everyone!

I was really excited about this cruise as iceland is a bucket list check off. But since we have booked it's been a lot of constant disapointment. 1) cherbourg on a sunday, with no rental car availability and by the time we booked there was no tours left either. 2) barely any onboard activities left to book 3) that email yesterday, was really the ice on this berg.

Small disclosure, me and my mom own a travel agency - so we have a good amount of clients that rave about disney and their customer service, the ships and how much fun they have. My mom has taken my kids on disney two other times and loved it, i have never sailed disney, but have been on more than 100 other sailings. We pay extra for the disney name and customer service and experience - but, I am now feeling like my money isnt well spent here....We also called customer service about Ísafjörður, and got nearly no where. They arent offering onboard credit, no return of port fees (which by the way every cruiseline does if they miss a port) no real reason for why, no alternate solution, just a sorry enjoy another sea day.

I am going to try and not be a debby downer about it, but for the price of this cruise, i hope others call and push Disney to do something different than the current plan.

On top of all of that, United had a computer malfuction in Jax yesterday morning and we missed our flight to london, so take two happens today - but I hope theres all smiles from here on out.

Hey all - I have been lurking, but hadnt posted. Me (michelle), my partner (sacha), my mom(phyllis) and my 2 daughters, Sophia and Charlotte (almost 12 and almost 7) will be joining. Our kids dont know about the cruise - it's a suprise - We promised our oldest if she read all the Harry Potter books, we'd plan a vacation to London, so they know there are going there - but they know nothing else. Any ideas for telling them about the cruise on our last day in london? Hope to meet some of you on board and safe travels to everyone!

I was really excited about this cruise as iceland is a bucket list check off. But since we have booked it's been a lot of constant disapointment. 1) cherbourg on a sunday, with no rental car availability and by the time we booked there was no tours left either. 2) barely any onboard activities left to book 3) that email yesterday, was really the ice on this berg.

Small disclosure, me and my mom own a travel agency - so we have a good amount of clients that rave about disney and their customer service, the ships and how much fun they have. My mom has taken my kids on disney two other times and loved it, i have never sailed disney, but have been on more than 100 other sailings. We pay extra for the disney name and customer service and experience - but, I am now feeling like my money isnt well spent here....We also called customer service about Ísafjörður, and got nearly no where. They arent offering onboard credit, no return of port fees (which by the way every cruiseline does if they miss a port) no real reason for why, no alternate solution, just a sorry enjoy another sea day.

I am going to try and not be a debby downer about it, but for the price of this cruise, i hope others call and push Disney to do something different than the current plan.

On top of all of that, United had a computer malfuction in Jax yesterday morning and we missed our flight to london, so take two happens today - but I hope theres all smiles from here on out.
Maybe make a hangman game to play with the kids where it spells out “We are going on a Disney Cruise Tomorrow”

Thanks for stopping by to post. It’s definitely disappointing that we have lost a stop and have so many sea days now. I hope your flight makes it out today. See you on the ship.

I'm really bummed out that DCL is doing nothing to placate the cruisers on this sailing. When I called and spoke with a supervisor at DCL, she let me know that there was nothing she could do but perhaps contacting DCL after the cruise would yield different results.

I'm flying out tomorrow and I'm going to try to enjoy the sailing knowing that if I wanted to have a bunch of sea days I could have them much cheaper on the Dream on a different sailing. I hope they do something on board to acknowledge that we have to skip a port on an already outrageously expensive sailing.

And every time my husband complains to me about the skipped port I'm going to do my best not to take it out on DCL, but I already have an email saved to my Drafts folder.

I was thinking we could do a quick meet at the seating across from the bon voyage lounge on deck 3 at 3pm on the first day of the cruise if everyone wants to stop by and say hi. I typically wear a flower in my hair so if you see me out and about say hi.

I called concierge shoreside about the dropped port and return of port fees and I was told that the fees are imposed by the country so if you are visiting other ports within the country missing one of the stops doesn’t trigger a refund of the fees. She gave the example of if they miss Nassau in the Bahamas but they dock at castaway they are still docking in the Bahamas which triggers the port fees so there no refund for Nassau. I asked if they were adding additional spots for palo and Remy brunch, she did not see it available at this time but also said they they are probably scrambling to get the sea day schedule set up for that day and may open it up once onboard.

I was thinking we could do a quick meet at the seating across from the bon voyage lounge on deck 3 at 3pm on the first day of the cruise if everyone wants to stop by and say hi. I typically wear a flower in my hair so if you see me out and about say hi.
I will definitely come by! I wear the same Talbots "tastefully tacky" (tackily tasteful?) Bon Voyage sweater when we board each cruise. Lucky DCL cruise #13!

I will definitely come by! I wear the same Talbots "tastefully tacky" (tackily tasteful?) Bon Voyage sweater when we board each cruise. Lucky DCL cruise #13!
This is number #12 for 4 of the 5 of us our youngest is one cruise behind the rest of the family. We have three teens our son 18, daughters 15 & 13.

This is number #12 for 4 of the 5 of us our youngest is one cruise behind the rest of the family. We have three teens our son 18, daughters 15 & 13.
We'll be travelling with our 14 year old daughter. Our college-age son is working for the summer in an internship. We're sending him to Japan before school starts back up as a consolation for missing our Northern Europe adventure.

We'll be travelling with our 14 year old daughter. Our college-age son is working for the summer in an internship. We're sending him to Japan before school starts back up as a consolation for missing our Northern Europe adventure.
Our kids picked Japan for our adventure next year, that’s a great consolation adventure. I’m sure our girls will meet in the club

We made it to London bright and early and toured Buckingham palace. We are very jet lagged and are trying to stay awake til 7pm so we can get a bit more accustomed to the time change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter