July 22nd, 2023 - 10-Night Iceland, Norway, and France Cruise from Southampton to Copenhagen

princesscinderella

DIS Veteran
DVC Premium
Hi and welcome all who will be joining us for a wonderful 10 nights on the Dream. We are very excited for this cruise! It’s the big trip for my son as an adult who will be off to college after this trip. He’s excited to be able to eat in Palo and Remy as he’s a foodie. This cruise was made possible for us with a 50% off discount from our wish sailing cancellation. Happy planning!!

We are also going to be on this cruise and used the 50% off from the wish. We are so looking forward to it and the planning to come. How cool that you son can finally go to Palo and Remy. My kid still has a few years before he can get in both. He wants Palo to reevaluate and at least be able to take him to brunch so he can use his platinum status lol.

We used our 50% off from the Wish as well. We're very excited. We haven't cruised Europe in 12 years. We were on the inaugural 12 night Baltic cruise way back when. That is still our favorite all time cruise.

My family including my husband and 9 yo son are thrilled to be joining you on this cruise! This will make our 5th Disney cruise and first time to Iceland. We are super excited to be returning to Norway (which we LOVE) and can't wait to spend a few days in the UK before embarking!

Hi,
I'm new to the board. My husband and I, our three children (16 yo triplets), our nephew (17) and my Mom will be joining you on this cruise! We are not new to sailing with Disney, but his will be our first European cruise. Looking forward to hearing everyone's plans as we are currently trying to gather information to make ours too. Thanks for starting the thread!

Hi! We also used our 50% off from our Wish sailing getting cancelled. This will be our first time going to Europe and plan to do some things before and after this cruise. We are excited to see the land of fire and ice!

I booked our flights today since the flight schedules opened up for the cruise. I’m sure the times will probably change but since we are a party of 5 and I wanted to fly premium economy and they don’t have as many seats in that section I wanted to book while the price is still low. It ended up $1460 per person we are flying in two days early and staying a few extra nights in Copenhagen before heading home.

I booked our airline tickets and rooms for before the cruise in London and after in Copenhagen. I booked through delta premium economy for both long distance flights and regular economy for the connecting flight from Denmark to France it was $1400 a ticket. Disney uses Hyatt regency Churchill for their hotel in London and an transfers I was quoted $210 per person. We booked a Marriott nearby with points instead and I arranged transportation to the port with a company I used in 2019 for a British isle cruise that also left out of Southampton. We are going to copy the itinerary of ABD in Denmark and made reservations at the tivoli hotel where they stay.

Hello all, we just booked this cruise last week and my daughter and I will be sailing with you this summer. This will be our first vacation since 2019 when we did the Mediterranean cruise from Roma to Barcelona (think we circled and ended back in Roma )

Ugh my flight back home has been changed by Air France to give only 20 minutes between the connecting flights, we paid for premium economy to have a bit more leg room and right now the other option to head back has no premium economy. Delta who I booked the tickets with doesn’t see the change yet on their end and I need to wait a few days for it to show up so they can see what flights we can move to instead. So frustrating. That said in looking at new options for the flights ticket prices increased $1000k per person 😳 so even though we have to move flights around I’m at least locked into my original booking price.

We booked a Marriott nearby with points instead and I arranged transportation to the port with a company I used in 2019 for a British isle cruise that also left out of Southampton.
Do you mind sharing the name of the hotel and transportation company? I have plenty of Marriott points to use as well, and always looking for good recommendations of reliable transport. Thanks!

Do you mind sharing the name of the hotel and transportation company? I have plenty of Marriott points to use as well, and always looking for good recommendations of reliable transport. Thanks!
Sure we are booked at the London Marriott Hotel Kensington (147c Cromwell Rd) for two nights, I did a cash + points stay for a junior suite since there are 5 of us. I used twelve transfers for our previous British isles cruise to get from London to Southampton and have booked with them again.

A quick update, we got our flights moved and were able to keep premium economy on the changed delta flights, we are no longer connecting through Paris to make the long flight home we are flying directly to NY from Copenhagen and then home instead. I also paid the cruise in full since I’ve saved the full amount, so that money doesn’t get spent elsewhere.

I have started looking at the excursions listed on the DCL site for this trip, Reykjavik has the most interesting options but they are crazy expensive. We are most interested in the ice cave glacier one which is $750 a person 😳. I think I’m going to explore booking directly through a tour operator in Reykjavik instead of through Disney for this day since we have a very long time in port. Waiting to see what’s available for Cherbourg since nothing is listed.

My dreams agent when I emailed her yesterday to give an update that I was paying said she’s had a lot of cancellations for the European cruises because of how expensive the airfare has become.

I’ve booked our flts, and they ARE Expensive. $1800 PP for 2 one way fares, premium, economy.

I noticed that the Cherbourg excursions are on the DCL website today.
It definitely looks like booking through DCL for the excursions is the way to go with the long travel times just to get to the Normandy area to see the sights. I’d love to see Mont St Michel and D-Day sights and the cemetery. Thinking of booking the private driver. The small group tour (which we prefer) of D-Day sights for our group of 5 is almost the same price as a private driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter