Julie, John and Joshua go to Florida: pre-trip - update post49

Thanks for all the responses and Michelle keep a look out for us and say hello. :)

Deffinatley,i had already thought this to myself.x.

We are not one's for making many advanced plans.
Though when we do go to the parks we get there early.

Definitely going to Magic Kingdom on the morning of the 8th and will be around the Fantasyland area for 9am or so, Peter Pan, Winnie The Pooh etc
Also plan to be at Mall At Millenia that afternoon.

We always use a wheelchair for Joshua at the parks as he cannot walk long distances, so if you see a man in a red Liverpool shirt at a theme park pushing a chair with a blue parasol - it will probably be John and Joshua, with me tagging along at the side.

If you see a man out later in the day wearing a nice Tommy Bahama silk shirt, nice polo ralph lauren shorts and white designer trainers - yep that will be him again.........John (not Joshua)!

Oh thats a shame as we won't be at MK until the day after,we have a ressie at CRT for Dd7's 8th birthday.But i will be still be keeping my eye open over the course of our holiday :thumbsup2 .x.

Hope you have a fantastic trip. Shame that you had to change your plans & cancel the Poly stay but I fully understand your reasons. :goodvibes

Not long to go now...have you packed yet? :lmao:

You know what there is nothing nicer than arriving at your room or villa and being able to unpack & get settled, so think you have done the right thing Feb past we had first 2 nights at BC then moved to SSR not only did our darling 2yr old feel unsettled what with the flight & new places strange beds but so did DH & ds 17yrs,so promised ourselves we would not do it again.
Love that arriving unpacking & just knowin thats you settled for the next 2 wks.
Hope you all have a great holiday & everything goes the way you hope.

Hope you have a fantastic trip. Shame that you had to change your plans & cancel the Poly stay but I fully understand your reasons. :goodvibes

Not long to go now...have you packed yet? :lmao:

Thanks. John does the packing. ;)

You know what there is nothing nicer than arriving at your room or villa and being able to unpack & get settled, so think you have done the right thing Feb past we had first 2 nights at BC then moved to SSR not only did our darling 2yr old feel unsettled what with the flight & new places strange beds but so did DH & ds 17yrs,so promised ourselves we would not do it again.
Love that arriving unpacking & just knowin thats you settled for the next 2 wks.
Hope you all have a great holiday & everything goes the way you hope.

Thanks Lorna. There are definite advantages in staying on-site for a few nights especially as we have stayed in villa's many times, but for us I think this is best and I am convinced we have done the right thing. At least at Terre Verde it is more of a resort.

Shame about the Poly but that's an awful lot of money, especially when Joshua may struggle settling in. I am sure you and Johnny as always have made the best decision for Joshua.

Hello all,

Just to thank everyone who responded to Julie's pre-trip report.

We are now home after a very enjoyable holiday, well tanned, one or two minor niggles but main thing is Joshua was a real star and had a great time. Don't know how he did it but he managed to pull a muscle in his shoulder the day before he came home, a big thank you to the doctor who treated him out there, but none of the health issues we had on the last holiday. He is perfectly fine.
All the rides we did at the parks we did as a family, including Test Track, Soarin and Spiderman - maybe the reason for the shoulder problem lies here somewhere.

A big thanks also to the friendly service from Virgin cabin crew who were excellent, all the Cast Members who treated us with the utmost care and respect (the Autism Awareness we preach is finally making a difference), to all the staff at the Outback restuarant at Formosa Gardens including the manager there Tony Alonge and especially Matt, Heather and GG, by the end of the holiday I had kind of become a 'personality' there (like 'Norm' in Cheers!). So cool hearing everyone shout "Johnny" as I walked in, all the brits looked at me thinking I was some sort of local TV star....cool or what!
Thanks to Vanessa Hege the manager of the Hard Rock Cafe too.
Also thanks to Julie for buying me possibly the best watch I have ever seen from Tommy Bahama, especially as I had already bought the second best watch I had ever seen from Oakley. ;) Payment for all them bags and shoes I suspect!
Thanks to Disney for the disabled Guest Assistance Card used to good effect when we needed to, and thanks to Goofy for his patience on that photo with Josh at Animal Kingdom.
Strange giving these 'thanks' as they cannot see them!

So much more I could add but finally, I know they don't like this kind of thing on here but....as Julie says earlier for various reasons that I don't want to go into I won't be posting that much on the DIS from now.

Over 6000 posts 99% on the Trip Planning Forum, and I know I have helped so many people over the years from villa queries to shopping in Miami, from best beaches to dining in Key West I think I made more than a worthwhile contribution and usually on a daily basis.

Special thanks to DebIreland for the TAG.

Sorry but I won't be doing a full trip report.

:grouphug:

Johnny, Julie and Joshua Sharp

So pleased to hear you have had a lovely time and will definitely know what the time is with those new watches.:goodvibes Nice to know the staff you met were on the ball and gave you great service, makes all the difference.

So glad you had a lovely time, and made more special memories, love your tag.:thumbsup2

So pleased to hear you had a great time and that Josh was such a star that's lovely news :goodvibes

Glad to hear you all had a great trip, especially Joshua :) Sorry to hear you're leaving the DIS, perhaps one day you'll reconsider but in the meantime all the best for your family in the future :goodvibes

Glad you had a fantastic holiday,i hope Joshua's shoulder is better soon.Do we get to see any of your holiday pic's-would love to have seen some new pics of Joshua?.So sorry to see you go,take care all 3 of you.x.

Sounds like you had a wonderful family holiday, so only question is 'where are the piccies?' :)

Claire ;)

cor im in shock !! U helped me with so many aspects of my planning and ill be sad to see u go x
im glad Joshua settled and had fun I know first hand the relief that that brings !!
Take care all of you and I too would love to see the pics
Louise x

Welcome home and its sounds like an amazing & magical trip this time. :)
Hope Joshua's shoulder is better now.

Glad all went well & you had a lovely time. Sorry to see you go from the Dis, perhaps you'l come back in the future. Would like to wish happiness to all three of you.

Glad to hear you had such a lovely holiday.

I am sorry to hear you are leaving the DIS. :sad1:

Take care. x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter