Julie, John and Joshua go to Florida: pre-trip - update post49

Hi Julie

Give our best wishes to Johnny.

Tell him to let us know if he still fancies trying those catfish and hush puppies at Easter and remind him he promised to bring the vinegar!

Julie

Great start.
I wish you all a fantasmic time.
And do agree Joshua is a handsome little boy :flower3:
Best wishes to Johnny too.:wave2:

Fantastic start Julie, There are many of us who regard Johnny very highly around here so im sure your trippie will be well received !

Have a great trip :grouphug:

Ditto - you've done a brilliant job Julie, I hope your holiday goes just as you want it to and I hope Joshua really enjoys the new experiences. I know from our own son change can be difficult but for your own sanity you just have to try. Best of luck with it all. :wave2:

ps please post a pic of Johnny and yourself up to date, its really nice to visualise people.

Excellent pre-trippie Julie :thumbsup2 .I really hope the 3 of you have an excellent holiday-who know's i may see you out there.I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
Please say hi to Johnny from me as well,i always used to look out for his posts-especially to see if he had put some different pics of Joshua up in his siggie :thumbsup2 .x.

I agree with you Julie about the weather in August. April will be much better for both you and Josh.

Also another fan of Johnney as I always enjoyed reading his posts and seeing his opinions.

I truly hope this holiday will make up for the two cancelled ones and will be worth the wait.

Hope all three of you have the bestest time.

susan

Great pre trippie Julie, hope you all have a fantastic and magical holiday looking forward to hearing all about it:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Can't believe how quicky it has gone by. your holiday will be here before you know it. enjoy the countdown too.

susan

Great start Julie, your plans sound fab. I always find the VA staff fantastic with kids. The poly is a lovely resort, don't forget the ELECTRICAL PAGENT on the seven seas every evening at 9pm. I would recommend a trip acrosss to the GF too, they have a band who play in the evening, the bar there is nice and there are lots of spots for Joshua to watch tv etc!:)

Hi Julie Hope you, Johnny (yes, always be Johnny to me too) & Joshua have a fantastic time. Looking forward to reading all about it. Regards to Johnny.

Hi Julie, love your pre-trippie. I really do hope you all have a magical holiday and that Joshua enjoys his time at the Poly! Look forward to reading your report after Easter :goodvibes

fab pre-trippie. really looking forward to reading more upon your return. I would love to stay the the poly :lovestruc

As parents of a 14yo Aspergers/autistic son we can understand how you need to be flexible with your holiday plans.
It sounds as though you have covered the bases well enough to get your holiday off to a fantastic start, and I really do hope that you all have a great time.
Looking forward to reading all about it when you get back.

Many thanks for all the responses and the time you have taken to reply.

Unfortunatley for various reasons (shown below) we have cancelled the Polynesian part of our trip and extended our villa stay to cover the entire 14 nights, as it was available for the first few nights of our holiday also.

As much as we wanted to stay there, especially John, we just no longer felt right about it.

We have contacted Disney and they will arrange a full refund of the deposit.

Facts are they increased the price of the stay something which we were unaware of until we looked in the check-in online option. If that's our fault for being naive regarding the 'terms and conditions' then so be it, but the 'total price' we have on our invoice has now increased.
There are other reasons too, we cannot be 100% sure Joshua will settle there, with the first few nights the possibility his sleeping pattern will be up and down - not ideal when there are people in the next room. Whilst we will love it there I am sure we think Josh will enjoy the villa/private pool so much more. We can fully unpack at the villa without having to check-in, out more than once. The overall cost of our few nights at the Polynesian, especially with the current exchange rate is just more than we want to pay now, it's costing $568 per night there.
That's too much now we feel, especially as we are upgrading to Premium Economy both ways.
We can stay at the villa for 4 nights for the cost of 1 at the Poly.

We are convinced it's the right thing to do. :)

There is an element of dissapointment, but fact is the villa is lovely, probably the nicest we will have stayed in, owner's are brilliant, the Terre Verde resort looks really nice.

We will just have to encourage Josh to go out more in the evening and also try some new dining opportunities. Terre Verde is a resort in itself though with clubhouse facilities, internet cafe, health club facilities and more...I just hope the Tiki Bar is open or John will be gutted and probably drag us all off back to the Poly! :lmao:

True there are negatives, but we have done it we feel for the right reasons.

Thanks again for everyone who replied, hope you don't feel you wasted your time doing so.

Shame about the Poly but it definitely sounds like you made the right decision, the villa looks wonderful and as you say you can totally unpack and get settled in there :goodvibes

How long till you go now? Can't be long! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Shame about the Poly but it definitely sounds like you made the right decision, the villa looks wonderful and as you say you can totally unpack and get settled in there :goodvibes

How long till you go now? Can't be long! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just less than 5 weeks now Jen. Tuesday 7th April.

Hope you all have a lovely holiday and good start to your report. I am looking forward to hearing how you got on after your holiday.:goodvibes

Lovely start to your trip report Julie. Having also read about your family's previous disappointments on trips, I hope that this one is smooth, hassle-free and truly magic for the three of you. :goodvibes

Julie just caught up with your pretrippie :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing the trip from your perspective. Look after both your boys :cloud9:

What a shame about the Poly.But that is an awful lot of extra money,and it sounds like you have made the right descision :thumbsup2 .
Of course you are all going to still have a fantastic holiday-how could you not :goodvibes .
You will be going 6 days after us,we go on April 1st :thumbsup2 .x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter