Jillian and Michael's Disney DREAM Wedding PJ

I took your advise & purchased some wire and made my own hanger. It was really quick & easy. Now I guess I have to come up with another project.

Those name tags are cute. If you emailed them to me, would I be able to change the wording??? I am thinking I might like to use these. But I don't need some of them.

You are very creative.

You could definitely change the wording. The image editing software I used is called Gimp and it's free to download off the internet. Then you just have to go to Dafont.com to download the "Waltograph" font (also free) and you can recreate the tags however you like. You could even go one step further and choose a completely different background. The castle background I got was a blank from DIS-igner milliepie's 4shared site ( http://www.4shared.com/u/ubUSl7-Y/Milliepie.html ) The tags I have made are Bride, Groom, Best Man, Maid of Honor, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom, Father of the Bride, Father of the Groom, Flower Girl, and Ring Bearer. (the flower girls one I made for my own, obviously, with the girls names on them, but I made the plain "flower girl" one for others to use...) I could always make a matron of honor, bridesmaid, and groomsman one if needed too... 'twould only take a few minutes. Let me know what you need!

I'm a little late to your PJ but I just wanted to tell you how much I love those shoes! You are so creative and I love all your DIY crafts, especially the soaps and the flower girl baskets! I can't make anything crafty at all. I agree that you should definitely open an etsy shop. I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding. It sounds beautiful!

Welcome aboard! Thanks for your compliments! It's really exciting to see a years worth of small projects finally coming together so nicely! I also adore my shoes (all 3 pairs!) and the baskets turned out way better than I'd anticipated! I have to thank my mom who taught me how to work with floral wire and floral tape to make corsages and boutonnieres, because it really helped when working on the mini-flower balls/bouquets for the baskets! Michael loves them too! I like making him happy! There will definitely be photos of the wedding, I'll probably post some non-professional photos right afterwards (along with a trip report! ahhh! That's going to come up QUICKLY!) but then I won't have my professional photos until 3-4 weeks afterwards. Stay tuned! I'm sure I'll have plenty more to post! ::yes::

I took your advise & purchased some wire and made my own hanger. It was really quick & easy. Now I guess I have to come up with another project.

I told you it was easy! I think it was more work typing out exactly HOW I did the wire hanger! You just have to write it out in cursive and follow that guide! I'm glad that it turned out so well for you. If you need any more instructionals on my crafts, you let me know! :rotfl:

Hi Jillian!

Finally in Houston, so I've had the opportunity to go back and review everything I've missed! ;)

Congrats on finishing the flower girl baskets! The preview photos of them looked fantastic! I'm so amazed by how professional all your DIY projects look!! I wish mine all turned out so well :laughing:

I am absolutely loving the magnets you did!!! I may steal your tutorial, and make some for our bridal party if that's okay.

Getting so excited for you!! So close!! :goodvibes

You could definitely change the wording. The image editing software I used is called Gimp and it's free to download off the internet. Then you just have to go to Dafont.com to download the "Waltograph" font (also free) and you can recreate the tags however you like. You could even go one step further and choose a completely different background. The castle background I got was a blank from DIS-igner milliepie's 4shared site ( http://www.4shared.com/u/ubUSl7-Y/Milliepie.html ) The tags I have made are Bride, Groom, Best Man, Maid of Honor, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom, Father of the Bride, Father of the Groom, Flower Girl, and Ring Bearer. (the flower girls one I made for my own, obviously, with the girls names on them, but I made the plain "flower girl" one for others to use...) I could always make a matron of honor, bridesmaid, and groomsman one if needed too... 'twould only take a few minutes. Let me know what you need!

Thank you for milliepie's 4share site!!! I glanced( about an hour :lmao: ) thru there to see what she had. She has alot on there and of course it got my creative juices rolling ;)

I got lots done today!!! I think... Hmmm, I had fun anyways! My friend, Bonnie, works with Michael and since he'll be off for the wedding cruise, she's unable to attend since she has to cover his shifts for him :( So instead Bonnie went on wedding errands with me today! Yay! We started with Starbucks and drove ALL the way out to Altamonte to pick up Michael's vests/ bow ties/ pocket squares. We then got lunch and Tijuana Flats (Taco Tuesday!) and then headed down I-4 to 50. We walked all the way through Hobby Lobby and I made it out without spending a penny! Woo hoo! Then we stopped at Party City and bought a costume Top Hat for $10. Then we stopped at a food truck bazaar to get Yum Yum Cupcakes! I got Key Slime and she got a chocolate peanut butter cupcake. Then we drove back to my Disney area and dropped off my files at Kinkos to be printed and laminated- I pick those up tomorrow, and that's when the adventure of cutting out 60+ mickeys and attaching magnets to the back! And last, we stopped at Downtown Disney to buy a cheapy pair of Mickey ears... and then I chopped off the ears! I have yet to glue them to the top hat we got at Party City, but I think that's a job for tomorrow! After I got home, I glued all of the flowers onto all of my favor bags and I started packaging my Animator's Dolls (Rapunzel and Snow White) and the flower girl baskets. Since I just got the petals in the mail, I started fluffing them up and I snapped a picture for everyone before I mail them to DCL!! For your viewing pleasure:
2012-09-04_21-49-30_792.jpg

Hopefully I'll get lots more done tomorrow. I have to pick up those laminated sheets from Kinkos and maybe start cutting/magnetizing those. I need to ship that package because Meredith says it needs to arrive at DCL by FRIDAY this week! Ouch, I don't want to know what overnight or 2-day shipping will cost me! I need to finish wrapping my soaps (I think I only have 10 to shrink wrap) and then package the last 20 soaps... Then after that I can start tagging my bags and adding the contents to them! I've started collecting everything "Wedding" and I've been putting it into the spare bedroom so it's all in one place! After I start getting things cataloged and organized, I NEED to rearrange the room because it's not really fit for my BFF to stay in on MONDAY when she flies in!!! Ahh, and my mom will be here on Saturday- that's 4 days from now! Woah! Lots to do- I'm going to recruit my MOH and DM to help me pack because they are WAY more organized than me, and they rock at packing!!!

Hmm, this post was interrupted by an impromptu past 12:30 AM Walmart run to buy black ink so I could print the shipping label Meredith sent me... and I appear to have lost my train of thought... Perhaps that's the 1:15 AM speaking! Well, got to get up early to start my errands all over again! Maybe I'll work a nap into my schedule tomorrow! I'll work on snapping photos and making quick posts on here when I can!! Happy readings!

Sounds like cutting name tags and sticking magnets on them is a great task for your ever loving Mom and Bob to do when they get there! And we can get your spare room cleaned up and organized for your BFF!

And you forgot, you got your bus to the port arranged and paid for yesterday - what a busy day! I guess I can forgive the mention of cupcakes (unless you want to take us there on Saturday).

Getting too excited! Love you Baby Bean!:sail:

Sounds like cutting name tags and sticking magnets on them is a great task for your ever loving Mom and Bob to do when they get there! And we can get your spare room cleaned up and organized for your BFF!

And you forgot, you got your bus to the port arranged and paid for yesterday - what a busy day! I guess I can forgive the mention of cupcakes (unless you want to take us there on Saturday).

Getting too excited! Love you Baby Bean!:sail:

Sorry, Mom Bird! I may have cut out all of the mickey silhouetted magnets! I just have a few sheets of rectangles to cut out still and that shouldn't take long with my paper cutter :thumbsup2

Here's a quick photo I snapped of those "title" magnets and the "I'm here for the wedding" magnets. After all of that cutting yesterday and today... MY HANDS HURT!!! :rotfl: Oh well, it's something that needed to get done!
2012-09-06_13-30-35_572.jpg

in almost exactly one week from RIGHT NOW, I'll be waiting at guest services to meet with my wedding coordinator and to get legally married!!! I can't believe how quickly this has approached! My mom flies in the day after tomorrow and other guests start arriving shortly after! Just two short days of work left! Off I go!

Your magnets look amazing. How/where did you get them printed? I can't wait for the full review and pics from your trip.

How exciting to be almost a week from being legally married :} Everything looks great - I may have to steal your idea for the mickey shaped door magnets and wedding party! :thumbsup2

Alrighty, I'm going to bare all so those who like my magnets and want to steal them... can!!

The "I'm here for the wedding" magnet as well as the matching logo I ironed onto my favor bags AND the logo I used for my post it note holders (see earlier photos in my PJ) were all designed for me by DISigners Milliepie and Blueyes. If you go to the current thread for Cruise Magnets, you can make requests for a wedding logo or a request for a few name tag magnets. If you look at those threads, you can see how creative those DISigners are! DIS user, Milliepie has a 4shared account that you can get tons and tons of "Blanks" that you can just add your own text to. That's where I got some of the name tags for my guests, but so many of my guests requested characters that she didn't have!! That's also where I got the Cinderella Castle silhouette blank that I used for those title magnets- bride, groom, MOH, MOG, MOB, FOB, FOG, etc. Her 4shared account is http://www.4shared.com/u/ubUSl7-Y/Milliepie.html

Now, since a lot of my guests chose obscure characters (or characters she didn't have blanks for), I had to make my own. Of course, once I got comfortable and made a pattern, they went much faster and I wound up making most of them myself. Here's what I did: I downloaded the free image editing software called Gimp. It's like photoshop, but kinda difficult to figure out certain tools if you're used to adobe programs!!! So, I took one of the plain blank mickey silhouettes and set it as the background layer. Then I added an image (make sure it's a large image with good/high resolution!) as a new layer and adjusted the opacity to about 85% so you could see the Mickey silhouette through the image- THIS counts as your cutting guideline after it's been printed! Then on the image layer, I adjusted the size, color balance, contrast (etc) and moved it precisely where I wanted it to be. Then I added a text layer and typed in the name in the Waltograph font (download free from dafont.com). To get the "shadow" look, I made an identical text layer and I made the bottom text a darker color and moved it directly under the top text. Makes for a cool effect! Then you just "Save as" a .jpg/.jpeg and voila! You're done! (Helpful tip- resave the image in whatever size you want it printed!! scale it down to about 4.5" tall if you want to fit 2 onto an 8.5"x11" paper)

Afterwards, I put all of the files into a word document. Okay, I also don't have word, I have "Open Office" which is the same as Microsoft office, except it's free! I opened up a blank text document and just added picture after picture (keep in mind that I'd already resized the images in Gimp before I uploaded them into my word doc!) and I arranged them on the page, two on a page. The blue cinderella castle "title" magnets I made were 3 on a page, as were the "I'm here for the wedding" magnets. Then I saved my loooong document, and resaved it as a PDF file. I moved both files onto my flash drive, and the flash drive is what I gave to Kinkos.

Okay, So here's what I did. I took the 50-60 pages of images to Kinkos, had them printed on card stock paper, then had them laminated. I dropped them off around 5PM one day and picked them up at noon the following day. For the volume of work I gave them, I got charged $163 for this printing/laminating job! They look great, don't get me wrong- and they're just the perfect weight and thickness for the magnets... but it was more than double what I had expected to pay! I think my heart STOPPED when he read the total! I think that you could do this cheaper if you buy a heavy-weight photo paper and have it printed like that... It may also be cheaper to try a site like vistaprint or similar to see what they can quote you... I think even despite the amount of ink that would've been used, it would've been cheaper to print it at home on my own card stock, and it would've cost less! You could always make your name tags 3 on a page to save space, or just have less guests than I did! Keep in mind that I did make about 10 magnets for MY stateroom door since we are the Bride & Groom...

Anyways... then I took them home and cut them out. The darker the image, the harder it was to see the mickey silhouette to cut as a guideline (a cure to this is to make the opacity lower! like 75%?) I wound up using one I'd already cut out and drew a line around the dark one with a silver pen to make a new cutting guideline! The magnets that were rectangle were SO SO SO easy to cut out, since I have a scrapbook paper cutter! Then all I did was buy a 25' roll of sticky-backed magnets and cut out pieces, stuck them to the back of the laminated paper. Voila! You have magnets!! Alright, I made it all sound more complicated than it really is, but I put a LOT of time and effort (and funds, in the end!) into this project and I want to give you EVERYTHING I know since so many people seem interested!

So there you have it. Everything I know about my magnet-making project! My advice to others is to have one of the DISigners design you a wedding logo! It really came in handy and gives you a unique touch to your wedding! I used their work in 3 of my wedding projects! Just join the "cruise magnet" thread or any DISign thread to ask for help! Another tip? If you want to make individual name tags for your guests' stateroom, you could put ALL of the names onto ONE magnet- this would have saved me BIG $$ in the end if I'd just allowed myself to do that! I wish I'd had a design I could've used for EVERY stateroom that all I had to do was change the names on the image! As I said earlier, if you want to make a name tag for everybody, I'd suggest scaling them down so you can fit 3 or 4 on a page. PLEASE, if you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to ask me! I had several frustrations along the way and I'd like to help you avoid that, if possible!

Only one more day of work for me tomorrow (technically today? it's 1 AM, haha!) just a 3:30-9:30 shift closing the pretzel kitchen, then my Mom and Bob fly in saturday around noon! Yay! My MOH just texted me our plans for tuesday- we're going to Kona for breakfast, then I'm getting an hour long aromatherapy massage with a neck/back/shoulder wrap and a paraffin hand treatment at a spa in Kissimmee, then we'll stop by a nearby nail place so we can get mani/pedi's (I need acrylics put on!!!) and then later on, we're going to Jelly Rolls as a "Bachelorette" party... but there may be guys there, and I may even invite Michael! :rotfl2:

Exciting things coming up! I'll try to stop by and update you as I go, but I have a feeling that once my mom gets here, it's going to be a huge whirlwind of activities until we leave for the cruise!!! I'm getting married in a week!!! Ahh!!! :hyper:

Thanks for the info on the magnets. When you go to Kona be sure to get a mimosa with either POG or Lilikoi juice instead of OJ. Great way to start your wedding week!

Thanks for the tips on the magnets. The next 7 days are going to go by so fast. Just remember to take time to enjoy as much of it as you can.

Thanks for the info on the magnets. When you go to Kona be sure to get a mimosa with either POG or Lilikoi juice instead of OJ. Great way to start your wedding week!

That is a GREAT suggestion!

:cool1:
One week to go

or

7 wake ups ;)

:cool1:

You're assuming that I'll actually sleep every night through until then!! :lmao: I'm sure I'll have some restless nights in there, but it's okay- I have a GREAT concealer to get rid of those purple under-eye circles!

Thanks for the tips on the magnets. The next 7 days are going to go by so fast. Just remember to take time to enjoy as much of it as you can.

You're welcome! I'll try to take a breather and smell the roses along the way!

Thanks for the outstanding tutorial on the magnets, Jillian! :goodvibes My older sister has volunteered to make them for me, so I may copy your post and send it to her in an email :thumbsup2 I was able to find ready made Mickey heads for most of the guests' characters, but there were a few that I had to look up images for. Who would have known that the Genie would be such a popular option?! I guess he is a pretty funny character :)

Your week prior to the wedding sounds fantastic! Especially the spa and mani/pedi day! How fun!! I know you'll be super busy this week, so don't stress too much about updates. I hope you have a fabulous week, and just savour all the excitement!
party:

Thanks for the outstanding tutorial on the magnets, Jillian! :goodvibes My older sister has volunteered to make them for me, so I may copy your post and send it to her in an email :thumbsup2 I was able to find ready made Mickey heads for most of the guests' characters, but there were a few that I had to look up images for. Who would have known that the Genie would be such a popular option?! I guess he is a pretty funny character :)

Your week prior to the wedding sounds fantastic! Especially the spa and mani/pedi day! How fun!! I know you'll be super busy this week, so don't stress too much about updates. I hope you have a fabulous week, and just savour all the excitement!
party:

'twas my pleasure, as always! I'm glad that your sister is going to take care of those for you! I went to school for graphic design, so it was nice to pick up and use some of the skills I learned there! I wish somebody from my group had chosen genie! He's such a cool character! My most popular were Stitch, Goofy, and Tinkerbell!

I just counted the magnets I made for my stateroom... I accidentally have 19 magnets, not including the "Bride" magnet, "Groom" magnet, and the "I'm here for the wedding" magnet... OOPS! I guess there's no mistaking whose door it is!!!
2012-09-07_14-04-10_200.jpg

Hi Jillian-

You are so close now!! How exciting. I'm getting excited for the cruise on the 20th as I propose to Ray and reveal the vow renewal.

I must say WOW on the tutorial. Your magnets are great!! I add text to the blank ones, but I haven't really tried to create my own. I've down a couple of simple ones, but I've always requested disigns.

I do print them all myself. I have photoshop elements and put them in a one page layout in there. I print on magnet paper. The place I order from, if you order in bulk, it is cheaper. I believe it's around $1/sheet when I order 50 sheets. I bought myself a laminator at Costco about 1 year ago that came with 100 laminating sheets for $20. The best thing I have done. I make a particular FE gift that I have to laminate. I used to take it to Office Depot and at $1.79 per sheet, it was getting pricey.

You and your guests are going to have awesome doors. I'm working on magnets for the 6 families I have to make for. There are 25 individuals I have to make for, plus some for Ray and I. I have others I can reuse for the boys.

I'll be thinking of you as I head to Orlando with the kids Thursday after school. We're going to MNSSHP on Friday since they are out of school. If I hadn't promised them I would take them that weekend, I probably would have hopped onto your cruise with my BFF and her mom. I could have done the reveal to Ray then as well.

My paperwork is due the 18th before Ray even knows. I need to do table assignments as well as certain people don't want to sit with each other. Ideally I would love 3 8 tops and 1 6 top. We'll see. I'm bummed I can't do a sand ceremony. Also, I wanted to incorporate the blessing of the hands into the ceremony, but Meredith said the ship officer won't stray from the script. So, I would have to get someone else to read the script for that. Pretty tough when my guest aren't going to find out until they board. I thought I had read someone else's planning journal where they did this, not sure if the captain read it or not. I may just play dumb and give it to the wedding coordinator onboard and see what happens. Meredith didn't even know they did makeup application onboard. She said I would have to arrange that when I board. I will also have to take care of Palo on board as well. On my research cruise I was told by Palo manager that they could accomodate 15, but Meredith said I could only give 14 names and then add the other person when we board. I'm going to be pretty busy when I board. She said I was the first person to notice the price discrepancy for the Mickey Bling. On the top of the page it's listed as $9 and further down where it says mickey head floral insert it says $6. She said she was in process of changing it when I called.

I can't wait to see your photos. Please post as soon as you can. I'll be waiting with anticipation!! Have a wonderful cruise and congratulations again. All the work is about to pay off!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter