January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Is there a website or service that one can sign up emails to get notices in advance of discounts? I know of course Disney will announce it when it happens, but wondering if there's a tour/agency that has a better scoop and more proactive in notifying about discounts?

We are looking to stay 2/14-2/18, is Presidents day weekend usually blacked out for discounts? We are hoping that Stay Play and Dine will be released soon.

I'm in. Already booked a Preferred room at POP for 2/3-2/10, I am now waiting for a RO discount I can apply. I've wondered if POP's discounts might be less this time because of the number of rooms out of inventory for the refurb.

I've gone around that same time in Feb in 4 of the last 6 years and my weather has been 90% beautiful. Normally I've seen the general public discounts released the first week of October but I know it's been a bit earlier some years.

I'm with you all! Booked for end of Feb for family's first trip for any of us! 2 parents and 3 kids ages 20, 18, and 13. Staying at pop. Flexible with hopes of discounts!

For those of you interested - here's some info I posted in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2017-calculation-thread.3550783/ on when discounts for this time period have been released historically. (this specific post appears on page 7).
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's often rumors each year that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

That thread also discusses how the Stay, Play & Dine deal is calculated (start with post 1). Keep in mind, there are no guarantees they will do this deal again, and there is some concern that moderate resorts will get QS Dining which will greatly diminish the savings on this deal vs. a room only. Hope you all get a good deal and I'll see you there in Jan/Feb!

I'm in. Already booked a Preferred room at POP for 2/3-2/10, I am now waiting for a RO discount I can apply. I've wondered if POP's discounts might be less this time because of the number of rooms out of inventory for the refurb.

I've gone around that same time in Feb in 4 of the last 6 years and my weather has been 90% beautiful. Normally I've seen the general public discounts released the first week of October but I know it's been a bit earlier some years.
I am booked for the same week at POP! Hoping to switch to POR or WL if a decent discount can be had. I am happy to hear the weather is generally good. We usually take my annual birthday trip in Jan and always end up needing to wear our winter coats and gloves half the trip.

I am booked for the same week at POP! Hoping to switch to POR or WL if a decent discount can be had. I am happy to hear the weather is generally good. We usually take my annual birthday trip in Jan and always end up needing to wear our winter coats and gloves half the trip.

2012 I had 2 freezing cold mornings to start the trip, but they were sunny and dry and by the third day it was back up to the normal lows-in-the-50s and highs-in-the-70s and beautiful. That's the only cold weather I've run into on 4 February trips (2012, 2013, 2014, 2017). Not that it can't happen, but fingers crossed!

Anxiously awaiting discount rumors to start surfacing :hyper:
I've been awaiting discount rumors as well with no luck. I'm hoping for an early release rather than the usual end of September beginning of October this year. I'm booked for now at BW for the middle of January and I would really like to start planning, but what we do depends on what the discounts are!

I have AP fever and had no trouble today convincing my mom to go with me in Jan. Booked Pop 1/24-1/30. Hoping for an RO AP discount or general public discount.

Following along also! We have 4 nights booked at WL from 1/12-1/16 following a cruise. I really hope there's some kind of discount we can apply. It's a holiday weekend so hopefully the dates are not blacked out.

The TA I use has got some great rates for the end of February at the Beach Club and I am tempted to book there for a short stay to just relax, enjoy the resort, pool, ect. A no park trip. But the trip would be centered around the use of SAB, for the most part and I am afraid the temps might possibly not be high enough to do so. Or they could be just fine to do so. Gonna have to think about it.

The TA I use has got some great rates for the end of February at the Beach Club and I am tempted to book there for a short stay to just relax, enjoy the resort, pool, ect. A no park trip. But the trip would be centered around the use of SAB, for the most part and I am afraid the temps might possibly not be high enough to do so. Or they could be just fine to do so. Gonna have to think about it.[/QUOTE
What kind of rates? I did not know TA got discounts??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter