Jan 2010 Code Watch

Hi all, Can I join in as well.

So I am not looking for me but for my very good friends.

We are all flying from Sydney at Christmas, and spending NYE in Las Vegas. My friends will then be heading over to WDW from the 2nd-12th Jan before heading up to Canada to join us to go skiing.

Although I wish we could go back to WDW my DH said NO:scared1: But thats OK because I still get to go to DL.
So I keep jumping between the DL boards and the WDW boards.
My friend has asked me to book her whole holiday for her and her family.

At this stage they are looking at a value-probably POP (because I said so:laughing:) but if the Australian dollar keeps getting stronger and if there is a great discount then I will try and convince them to stay at a Moderate:thumbsup2

If we have already booked and a deal comes out like the 4/3, can you call and have them credit you for the differene? Or do you have to wait until the deal comes out to book?

In the past, if a better deal came out and you called the CM would cancel the old reservation and create a new one, if there was availability.

My husband and I are going "Goofy" in January and I'm about to book our hotel. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully a better price will drop in our laps.

What seems to be better, the bounce back rates or the code like a buy 4 get 3 deal?

We've never taken up the bounce back offer, but hope to this time b/c we are planning another trip in February to stay at the Contemporary again.

It depends what offers we get for January 2010! It seems like bouncebacks are a sure bet, where if you wait for codes, you never know. In another thread, someone said they got 30% off deluxe as their BB.

I'm waiting, as well. We're going to be there for Marathon Weekend (running the full marathon and hopefully the 5K - we did the half marathon this year and HAD TO HAVE that coveted Mickey medal, so we're going back :lmao:) and are likely staying at POP to make it easier for the WISH meets, and to save a bit of money. My (soon-to-be) husband only will have 2 holiday days at that point, because we're getting married this summer and he's dipping into his holiday days for next year for that, but if there's a good enough discount code for January, then I'm going to do a full week at WDW without him. :rotfl:

I'm waiting for 2010 prices to come out to book (we're not too concerned about POP non-preferred filling up by August :rotfl:) and will likely just book 3 nights room only, but will be crossing my fingers for a good deal! We had to let 4/3 pass last year because of a lack of holiday days to stay for a full week, but I'm not going to do it again!

:cool1:Hoping for Jan 23-30. Hope we get discount like last years 4/3.Want to stay at CBR, last 4 trips have been at values. My grandson will be 9 and I think he would like the CBR pool and the marina. It will my DD's Big 30 Birthday that week and MY 64th so it will be me <dd and 2 grandsons!!!! Hoping for that discount

Me too! I am really praying for a great deal! This will be our longest trip ever, and it looks to be very expensive!:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I'm soooo hoping for a great code--we're going Jan 20-25 as of right now unless we get the 4/3 offer or something that lets us stay longer :)

We will be there from 5 - 20 Jan so hoping for a good rate ot the 4/3 deal!!

We have our rooms booked at Pop for Jan 14-19.

We can't stay any longer because the kids can't miss that much school, but a code or free dining would be a great!

Can I ask how I can book a room for Jan? Do I just have to call WDW? The online site does not let me. I'm hoping to go Jan 21-25 and hoping for either a discount or an AP rate! My first time having an AP so I'm trying to book several trips throughout the year.

When will the Jan rates be avail? Does anyone know or know where I can find this info?

Thanks

The January rates were not available when I booked. They booked the reservation at the highest 2009 rate and will readjust the rate when the January rates are released.

Can I ask how I can book a room for Jan? Do I just have to call WDW? The online site does not let me. I'm hoping to go Jan 21-25 and hoping for either a discount or an AP rate! My first time having an AP so I'm trying to book several trips throughout the year.

When will the Jan rates be avail? Does anyone know or know where I can find this info?

Thanks

You can book a "room only" ressie right now for Janaury by calling Disney. They will charge you peak season rates and then make the adjustments later when the 2010 rates come out. You can not book online for 2010 yet. Last year the rates/packages came out in August. That's when you will be able to book online and book a whole package. Then in November was when the 4/3 deal came out.

Online Jan booking is currently available through the Marathon weekend site on Disney's Wide World of Sports

Room rates are at the value season rates, which range from $82/night to $399/night.

Go to disneyworldmarathon.com

Select travel details/packages

This online booking only allows the Magic Your Way packages; no room only reservations can be booked.

Any Jan dates can be selected, so you don't need to be a marathon participant if you want Jan reservations now.

YAY, subscribing...Got back 5/31/09 and Have to go back. I'm letting smallworldvacations.com take care of my trip planning, I'm holding a space at Pop for me and my DH Jan 19-26 after the Marathon and after MLK weekend. Hoping for free dining, or the 4/3 Deal.... So excited, mid 70s for us will be ideal as end of May was a steamy, raining, & hot. So excited glad i found this thread. Can anyone tell me more about crowds and ride waits for third week of Jan? Missed Space Mountain and People mover so have to go back!

just had to let you know that I LOVE that you called it the "people mover" I still call it that too and so do my kids because of me. Their friends all look at them like they are crazy and say.. "huh??? what ride???" then they have to say, "oh, I meant the TTA" lol! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter