Jan 2010 Code Watch

Marathon weekend is Jan. 8-10. The half is already full, but there might still be room in the full marathon.

I'm in the half-marathon, first one, I already got the marathon discount 10% but I NEED a better discount.

I will wait with all of you, :)

We'll be there between Jan 21-31. I've already booked the 3bedroom treetop villa at SSR but I am thinking I am going to be changing to OKW or AKL Villas. My big issue was the long walk to SSR from the treetops, from what the disney agent said it's about a 15-20min walk to SSR to catch the buses and use the pool. Yikes! With three tired cranky kids i'm not sure that will work for us. Has anyone been in that area before? If so what is the walk really like?

I am doing the 1/2 marathon this year and hoping for a discount too.We will be going in November too and then getting on the Magic so any little savings helps! Hope it's a good one.

Linda

I'm in here with you! We went this past January! It was so great! The 4/3 deal came out on November 6th 2008. So by that reconning we have about 6 months to wait to see if there are any deals to be had! We want to go Jan 23-30! :woohoo:

YIKES...6 months to wait! That's a long time! Hoping for free dining, but the 4/3 would be great, too! That was a awesome deal last Jan (along with the $200 GC). Free dining would be better for us, especially because I REALLY want to do 8 nights this trip!! 6 was not NEARLY long enough.

I'm on board as well. We have gone the past two Januarys and are hoping to go again in 2010!! We stayed at Poly last time with the 4/3 deal. Would be great to do it again or try another Deluxe. Let the countdown begin!!!!

We are thinking of Jan/Feb in 2010. Dates flexible and hope to stay at the GF!
/hillary

I am doing the 1/2 marathon this year and hoping for a discount too.We will be going in November too and then getting on the Magic so any little savings helps! Hope it's a good one.

Linda

Any advice about training, I have a 17 minute mile now, and need to build up endurance.

The summer discounts look good. :)

Count me in, as we're looking for a 1/2010 deal to stay on-site (this will be our first time on property) as well!

What's the 4/3 deal people are referring to (4 nights for the price of 3?). Will we see deals in this thread on DVC (timeshare rentals) or just WDW hotels?

The 4/3 deal is buy 4 nights get 3 free. This is the one I'm hoping for as well. I could care less about free dining :thumbsup2

Count us in as well. If we can get a good code for January my DH said we can change our April/May trip to January trip. I would love to be there for on my DS10's birthday and mine. If they have a good deal we are looking at January 8 (DS's birthday) - 16, 2010.

Toying with the idea of a January trip to celebrate my son's "homecoming day" anniversary. My only concern is the iffy temps. I have been in January several times and the weather was different everytime. DS LOVES to be in the water so swimming could be dicey then.
A good code code could go a long way in convincing me to go!

Planning for last week of Jan., 2010. Maybe Pop, maybe POR. Depends on the economy.

Planning 12/31 - 1/8 right now. Might switch the dates if deals come out for later in the month...

Not sure if we are going 1/1 or waiting for the following week. I am SO excited.:cool1:

I'm participating in the half marathon January 9, 2010. (My first half!) We're hoping for good codes January 5 - 11!!

I'm participating in the half marathon January 9, 2010. (My first half!) We're hoping for good codes January 5 - 11!!

Yes! Mine too! How about every first timer find a thread and join. I am walking/jogging and I have a 17 minute mile. I need to shave that down. Where would we create that thread, or does one exist?:goodvibes

We're going Jan 22-30. :cool1:

We're renting points for the bulk of our stay so codes won't help for that.

Last year the room only discounts weren't good on weekends. Is there any chance that a code or discount would be good for a Fri/Sat stay? I think there might be a 3 night min.

I'll hang out and watch anyway. I hope there are good discounts and codes for the rest of you even if I can't use one.

Heather

We're going Jan 22-30. :cool1:

We're renting points for the bulk of our stay so codes won't help for that.

Last year the room only discounts weren't good on weekends. Is there any chance that a code or discount would be good for a Fri/Sat stay? I think there might be a 3 night min.

I'll hang out and watch anyway. I hope there are good discounts and codes for the rest of you even if I can't use one.

Heather
Actually, we did get the discounted rate for weekends. All of our nights were the same price. I think that there was a problem with ressies made online being charged the higher rate. We booked by phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter