• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We are just back from 2 nights at AKL/Jambo with a savanna view DVC studio. We had a fantastic time! First time at AKL- it was my 61st birthday celebration!
....we're going for my [and my DH's] 60th! :thumbsup2

I'm almost down to 30 days until the AKL portion of my trip! I currently have room #3471 selected in Touring Plans. I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said they believe garden views are now classified as standard. Has anyone stayed in the 3451-3481 rooms?

We have never stayed at AKL before and I have 2 standard views with 2 queen bed rooms booked (all adults). We would love to have partial savannah views and would like to be next to each other if possible. How should I request this? Is this something I should have Touring Plans do or is it an option that will be available through online check in? Thanks!

Quick question -- I am trying to price out options for next year. We are a family of 5 and interested in a 1 bdrm villa at Kidani. Nothing is showing as available for next July. Is that because they are DVC rooms? If so, when should I see availability for Disney's inventory on those rooms?

Hope that makes sense....

I would love some recommendations on room location! I'm struggling between the desire to be close to the lobby and the desire to have a good view of the main savanna. We are booked for CL, so I know we will be 4th floor. Tell me about where you have stayed. How was the view? How was the walk to the lobby?

I AM HERE! Great check-in experience... Jeff at the front desk.is wonderful. My.room was ready when we got.here ~ 1. Got what I requested...upper floor, savanna view ( paid for standard). He offered me a bunk bed room but.my kids are too big

Room was sparkling, luggage delivered about 4 hours after landing.

We.went to Boathouse tonight...yum

We are all.showered,. unpacked, and now gonna get some rest - 3 park day tomorrow!!!

So glad to be home!!!

I AM HERE! Great check-in experience... Jeff at the front desk.is wonderful. My.room was ready when we got.here ~ 1. Got what I requested...upper floor, savanna view ( paid for standard). He offered me a bunk bed room but.my kids are too big

We are all.showered,. unpacked, and now gonna get some rest - 3 park day tomorrow!!!

So glad to be home!!!

You requested a Savannah view but paid for standard and they honored the request? That's awesome!

I would love some recommendations on room location! I'm struggling between the desire to be close to the lobby and the desire to have a good view of the main savanna. We are booked for CL, so I know we will be 4th floor. Tell me about where you have stayed. How was the view? How was the walk to the lobby?

We booked a standard room back in 2015 when we went, but requested kudu trail, and we ended up with a great view of the savannah. It was a LONG walk to the lobby/entrance, though, especially when we got back from a day at the parks! I'm going to request it again (going in December) though, it was so awesome to go out on the balcony and watch the animals!

Just booking a seriously last minute trip. Leaving 8/24 if I booked a standard room can I request Giraffe trail?

Re: requesting Giraffe trail you can have it noted on your reservation if you like - but aren't 1/2 of the rooms on Giraffe pool view (is that still a bookable category?) & the other 1/2 face the road/parking area? Ostrich trail, where half of the rooms have a sliver of a sunset savanna view (but the other half face the road/parking) or Kudu w/ some rooms w/ partial savanna views are other requests you could make.
Giraffe trail is super convenient for access to the Mara & pool & there's the secret door that's a shortcut to/from the bus stop but none of the rooms face a savanna.

Last edited:

So glad to be home!!!
How did you pull the savannah room off? We booked standard but requesting the kudu trail so hoping to get partial view. Anything specific I should request?

Re: requesting Giraffe trail you can have it noted on your reservation if you like - but aren't 1/2 of the rooms on Giraffe pool view (is that still a bookable category?) & the other 1/2 face the road/parking area? Ostrich trail, where half of the rooms have a sliver of a sunset savanna view (but the other half face the road/parking) or Kudu w/ some rooms w/ partial savanna views are other requests you could make.
Giraffe trail is super convenient for access to the Mara & pool & there's the secret door that's a shortcut to/from the bus stop but none of the rooms face a savanna.
Thanks. We can see the animals around the resort correct? We go every year but this is my first at AKL. Last year we were at the Poly. We plan on spending a couple of days by the pool. So excited to stay here! Yacht club was the other option for the discount in our price range. The pool looks nice but I live 5 minutes from the beach in Maine so the theming wouldn't feel like vacation.

Thanks. We can see the animals around the resort correct? We go every year but this is my first at AKL. Last year we were at the Poly. We plan on spending a couple of days by the pool. So excited to stay here! Yacht club was the other option for the discount in our price range. The pool looks nice but I live 5 minutes from the beach in Maine so the theming wouldn't feel like vacation.
I'm from New England too and i agree with the theming of yc/bc. It's too plain for me and I love the theming of AKL, WL and Poly.

Just wondering if you call in and have a note put on your reservation if it is viewable on MDE? I called in and had a note placed but when I look at the different categories for online check in, nothing is there. Should I skip online check in? The only request I want filled is the one I called in with

We don't really have any nights planned at AKL but would like to take advantage of our resorts amenities and activities. I'm trying to move my itinerary around but having a hard time. There is one night that we are going to Disney springs that we can change but I'd really like to see the Christmas stuff and see santa there. The only other time at night is after our AK park day which ends at 7 but by the time we get back it will probably be closer to 7:30-8. Are there activities happening at 8pm there?
We have a bunch of days where we are going back to the room for our 13 month old to nap, swim if it's warm enough and maybe activities if they have them around 1-4pm. Do they have any at that time? Is there a schedule out yet for December?

Quick question -- I am trying to price out options for next year. We are a family of 5 and interested in a 1 bdrm villa at Kidani. Nothing is showing as available for next July. Is that because they are DVC rooms? If so, when should I see availability for Disney's inventory on those rooms?

Hope that makes sense....
You should see availability around the 7 month mark unless you opt to rent points from an AKL/AKV dvc owner. Then you could book at 11 months but there are limitations to what you can do with those reservations. If you are interested I would do some research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter