It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

Um ok...that really wasn't the plan...I thought it was going to upload just a thumbnail but I got both...sigh...

IMG_6796.jpg

This is another test...in case it works this was Alexis in our backyard in March...yes we live in Canada.

OKayyy....I think I'm getting somewhere...that was what I had in mind!! Yay!! Now I can post pictures and hopefully not bore everyone to tears with my novel length text heavy posts...if anyone is reading lol

Yay for pictures! Our backyard looked like that not too long ago, too. That's what we get for braving the Canada Life I guess.

:wave2:

Hi! I'm joining in! I wanted to join in on your last PTR/TR, but I never could get caught up. Two pages was easy.

I'm sorry about your life changes, but I believe everything happens for a reason, so hopefully something favorable will come of it.

Your plans sound good so far! I'm living vicariously through others since I can't plan anything right now.

HI Kathy!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to realize you had a PTR going, but I'm so glad I've found it!

First, I'm really sorry you've been going through a tough time. My first marriage ended the very same way after 14 years so I know exactly what you are going through. :hug:

But in to happier things.. I'm so excited you have another trip coming up! I remember your last trip and surprising your DD and can't believe it's been 2 years, wow!

And staying at the Contemporary is awesome!!! Have you stayed there before? I love it there.

I love having park hoppers, it just gives us more freedom than one park per day.

I'm so excited you get to meet with @chunkymonkey, she is awesome! :wave2:
Hi Su-Lynn!

Sounds like you've got an amazing trip planned so far, I'm totally on board and can wait to hear more.

That's what we get for braving the Canada Life I guess.

Yup, such is the life. The weather has been so wacky here lately. But ahem...there are lots of OTHER perks to living in Canada...none of which I will mention for fear of starting a debate lol

Hi! I'm joining in! I wanted to join in on your last PTR/TR, but I never could get caught up. Two pages was easy.

Hey Welcome!!! Glad to have you! I totally get it about not joining in when a PTR is at 67 pages lol...it's a bit intimidating!! But glad you are here from the start on this one!!

I'm sorry about your life changes, but I believe everything happens for a reason, so hopefully something favorable will come of it.

Yeah here's hoping. I guess so far I have realized that my soon to be ex has turned into a real jerk so hopefully one day it really be better off without him!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to realize you had a PTR going, but I'm so glad I've found it!

Yay! Glad to have you here!

My first marriage ended the very same way after 14 years so I know exactly what you are going through. :hug:

Ugh yeah not easy. But surprisingly so common I feel like a big ole' cliche!

staying at the Contemporary is awesome!!! Have you stayed there before? I love it there.

I have but not since I was about 8 I think and don't remember much about it.

I'm so excited you get to meet with @chunkymonkey, she is awesome! :wave2:
Hi Su-Lynn!

Can't wait!!

I don't have much in the way of an update, as I guess I'm in that stage between booking ADR's and FP+. Which is actually good to have a bit of a breather in the planning frenzy. But the problem when you have a trip coming up and there's nothing to do but wait is...you get the urge to start tinkering with plans already made lol.

I have been going through each day and reading a lot on touringplans about all the attractions. I'm trying to come up with plans that include a lot of tried and true favourite attractions, in addition to making sure we try some new to us things. I also want to make sure to build in lots of rest and pool time, because it is going to be crazy hot...hence the title of this PTR. But no matter what I do...the spreadsheet is looking a bit too busy for me...there's always just so much to see and do lol. I thought that with a longer trip - 10 days, this is longer than I've ever stayed - that there would be no problem with getting it all in and plenty of rest and shopping and resort hopping and parks but...sadly...it doesn't seem to be working out that way lol. I think I may have to adjust my expectations a bit more.

I think I am going to spend the next little while when I have trip planning time, devoted to fine tuning our ADR's and making sure they are not too many and the times are good...and then adjusting where needed. Then once that is down, I need to come up with my FP+ wish list. Because I know that around my FP+ day I will be frazzled and also it's a busy time life wise...so want to make sure I put some effort into that when I have the time (which might be never lol....) But have to try right?

Hellooo crickets!! I know I'm talking to myself around here, but helps me figure things out anyway!! Not much has happened in planning land around here, but I have been doing some thinking.

Firstly...I am reconsidering our ADR for our Disney Springs evening for Raglan Road. I mean, I do love me some Irish dancing and great food there, but we've been twice and maybe it's time to try something new instead of revisiting an old fave? My other reasoning is that I have only built one late afternoon/evening of DS into our whole trip. This is mainly because while "I" would be happy to shop all day...my 11 year old DD hasn't hit the phase yet where she actually enjoys shopping. I should be grateful for this I know, but in this case I would wish she would want to browse the shops just a little bit more. Anyway, so I thought that perhaps if I cancel that ADR and have dinner somewhere QS instead of TS, that would leave more time to at least get to a few shops while we are there. I know that most of what you find at the World of Disney is found also somewhere in the parks - but there are a few shops there with really neat stuff that I wouldn't mind at least looking at.

So on that note, I was looking at the selection of QS places at DS and the Polite Pig looks really awesome to me. And of course there is Wolfgang Puck Express which we liked last time and so many to choose from. So I am debating. But I won't cancel that ADR yet because as we all know, it's much easier to cancel than to try to get an ADR closer to the date.

Other than that, I've been going through my park days and trying to pick out possible FP+ to make when it's time. I've also been tossing around the idea of trying to do the "4 parks in a day" thing because since I've never had park hopper before, this has never been an option. It seems like fun but not 100% sure my DD would be into all that rushing around just to do one or two things at each park? I guess we could maybe try to decide that day if we are up for it - but then I wouldn't be sure where to make the FP+ for etc....not entirely sure what to do there...so tips appreciated for anyone who's attempted or done it!

That's about it for me - my moving day is this Saturday so tomorrow AM I have to unplug the internet at my current house and then hopefully it will be just a couple of days before I am back up...or everyone including myself will lose their minds with no internet...they won't care if there is no food, or TV or toilet paper lol...but internet? How will we survive. Hopefully not for long lol

First-consider that a TS will give you a chance to cool off with a guaranteed table in the august heat, although it probably won't be that hard to get ADR somewhere else if you want to do that.
second-my oldest DD and I did 3 parks in one day-we started with morning EMH at AK, hopped to Epcot for WS/snacks, then to MK (other DD, DS and DH went to room at time we did Epcot). Long day but tons of fun! We debated going to DHS quick to get the 4th park but rain delayed us getting out of Epcot. I'd do express transport if we ever did that again-much easier and quicker! Ton of fun-do MK last as it will have more FP available late in day. IF AK has morning EMH do that, then to studios, epcot and MK. FP for either DHS or Epcot for the rides you may like more (or just do WS for Epcot).

Third-hope the move goes smoothly!!

I totally missed that you had a PTR going! Not that I have any useful advice, lol. 10 days is a lot longer than we've ever done!

So sorry to hear about your ex. I had missed that, too.

August is gonna be hot, that is for sure!

I'm no help because we are planning to be there in August of 2018 and I'm thinking of totally avoiding the parks and doing a resort only vacay!

Hmmm, tough call on the ADR. Good thinking to keep it for now sine you're absolutely right that it's much easier to cancel than to get the ADR you want later! In terms of cooling off from the August heat, a TS could be beneficial, but QS will definitely save you time. I think I might be inclined toward QS, but it's a tough decision.

We keep talking about doing 4 parks in a day, but so far we haven't braved the task! I agree that it would make for a lot of transportation time between parks. Express bus might be worth it in that case.

although it probably won't be that hard to get ADR somewhere else if you want to do that.

This is something I didn't think about - also even same day ADR's if there is something nearby...good tip!!

my oldest DD and I did 3 parks in one day-

Sounds like fun!! I'm just not sure we have the stamina, especially in August lol...I guess we can always play it by ear. I like your idea of MK last especially because we are staying at the CR, but at the same time I think it is MK EMH so it may make sense to do that first...not sure...

I totally missed that you had a PTR going!

Welcome!!! No worries. I know I sometimes don't find people's PTR's forever...

I'm thinking of totally avoiding the parks and doing a resort only vacay!

Wow!! I don't know if I could do that...be thaaaat close and not go to the parks. That said I am trying to build in plenty of rest and pool time becuause it will be stupid hot.

I think I might be inclined toward QS, but it's a tough decision.

Yeah I may be leaning that way too. We have a lot of TS meals already and not enough Epcot time in WS...

I agree that it would make for a lot of transportation time between parks. Express bus might be worth it in that case.

Yeah that's a good idea. I have to look into that because it's new. Can you do it just for one day or do you have to get it for your whole trip like the PH is?

Just stumbled across your report...enjoyed reading it. How wonderful to have such a great trip planned for just you and your daughter. Sad that the circumstances with your DH are so bad though.

I did a last minute surprise trip weekend with my DD back in March...and it was so much fun. It's part of one of my PTR/TR links in my siggy below.

It seems even 10 days is never enough I'm sure, so I get how difficult it is to plan things out. You don't want to OVERplan but you want to make sure you get to all the stuff you want to do and still the time flies by so quickly. I had to mix up our next trip with some of the big requests for repeats and a few new things I wanted to try but even now I'm not sure I'll keep them all. As much as I'd like a few sitdown meals, I hate to waste the time when we could be doing other stuff! At least we have at least one more confirmed trip planned for this year and possibly one or two others so I feel like if we miss something we'll try to do it next time.

We've attempted the 4 parks in one day before...without success. I say go for it if you can. I'm tempted to try it again this trip but finding it hard to do with our current ADRs in place that I don't want to give up!

Hi Kathy! I'm all caught up now...
Just wanted to say, since I never got a chance to say it before...that I'm very sorry about the situation with DH. I hope something good comes out of it all and that your kids are happier in the long run.
But you can put your troubles aside when you're in Disney! And the PTR is hopefully a good distraction for you. We're all here to support you. And your Disney addiction, of course!

Disney Springs has really changed over the past year. I was wowed by it this time around...there's so many shops and restaurants, it's hard to pick just one!
the Polite Pig had just opened...that may be a good choice. We didn't eat there but I passed by. Also D-luxe burger gets good reviews.

As for the 4 parks in one day...definitely look at getting express bus pass for this. It was wonderful. It's 29 dollars pp for 7 days. So I'd park hop your first 7 days or last 7 days of the trip. It's completely doable with the express pass to do the 4 parks challenge (it's actually almost cheating because of how easy it is to get from park to park). We did 3 parks in one day and almost did 4 but I just decided to take it easy in the end. I think to do the real 4 parks challenge you have to do it with regular transportation...and gosh the thought of that does not sound fun, LOL.

It's part of one of my PTR/TR links in my siggy below.

I will go have a look!! Thanks for coming by and welcome!!!

We've attempted the 4 parks in one day before...without success.

Yeah it does seem very ambitious. I'm not sure we will be up to in especially with the heat but who knows.

(it's actually almost cheating because of how easy it is to get from park to park).

It does seem like cheating lol...but since we've never even park hopped...maybe it's worth it lol just to try...who knows...

I'm late but I'm here! :flower1:

we seem to be the only real Disney fans in these parts.
I get that entirely. Although my family likes Disney, it's hard to get everyone down there, although lucky for me, my dad lives about 2 hours from Disney so he is my Disney travel buddy often.

I just find the picture posting on the Dis a bit slow and time consuming...maybe I'm not doing it right?
Yeah... I struggle with this, too. And since my photos are from my phone, I'm constantly having to rotate and whatnot. :sad2:

Contemporary Resort
YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Also this will be my first ever time having park hoppers
Kathy, this is life-changing! I am a park hopping queen - I love all the parks, but I get antsy if I'm in any one park for too long, except maybe Epcot ;)

Last June 2016...
I am so incredibly sorry to hear about this. I'm glad that life is gradually getting better, but what a horrible thing to go through. Hugs to you my friend :hug:

I decided both DD and I really need the full on "escape from reality" that a trip to WDW provides (as you all know well :))
YES!!! ::yes::

people IRL mostly just don't get why I'd want to spend the amount of money one spends at Disney to go back again and stay even longer this time to boot!!
Most people in my life just roll their eyes and say "don't you want to try something different?!" Um, nope! :laughing:

But I think this year I've earned it, so here goes!!!
Yes you certainly have!!!

50's Prime Time Dinner
Yay! I have an ADR here, too!

But the problem when you have a trip coming up and there's nothing to do but wait is...you get the urge to start tinkering with plans already made lol.
Yep... :rotfl:

But no matter what I do...the spreadsheet is looking a bit too busy for me...there's always just so much to see and do lol.
I'm having the same issues!

My other reasoning is that I have only built one late afternoon/evening of DS into our whole trip.
I am struggling trying to fit in DS on my trip. I need to just make it work, but I always think about what park I may lose time at in order to do so. :sad2:

So on that note, I was looking at the selection of QS places at DS and the Polite Pig looks really awesome to me.
I LOVE Earl of Sandwich. Sometimes it's the reason I got to DS :laughing:

or everyone including myself will lose their minds with no internet...they won't care if there is no food, or TV or toilet paper lol...but internet? How will we survive.
How was the move? Yeah... I get the no internet thing!

So good to be back and to be back in touch with all my Dis pals. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

@Tracy161 Welcome!! Yes, nice seeing old Dis Friends!!! Great catching up with you and reading your TR and PTR!

Yes, it has been a tough year, but getting better slowly!!

but I always think about what park I may lose time at in order to do so.

This is quite the dilemma!!! I would be happy also to spend some time just leisurely walking the shops but my DD doesn't get that. She's all, what are you looking FOR? Let's just find it and go...none of this random browsing...which is what I love about DS lol...so that will be ...something we have to figure out.

I LOVE Earl of Sandwich

I love this place too..so many good places to eat!!

So yeah, we survived the move and I finally have internet again!! Yeeehawww!! So I have some catching up to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter