It’s Always Sunny in California!..Eh?...L’il Bit!

Beautiful pictures from the GCV. That courtyard is so gorgeous. You did a wonderful job capturing so many lovely details. You make me wish I was staying there right NOW!

So the LM queue is boring? Nice pics from inside the ride!

The photos from inside the ride are great. The ride in California very rarely has a line. I am glad that it was not stopped for long.

Corinna

I was amazed at how different the queue is. Just railings, like an amusement park queue.

Beautiful pictures from the GCV. That courtyard is so gorgeous. You did a wonderful job capturing so many lovely details. You make me wish I was staying there right NOW!

So the LM queue is boring? Nice pics from inside the ride!

Very boring. Just rows of railings, not themed at all.

I quickly got off the Little Mermaid and high tailed it back to the GC.

I walked in and the meeting had already started, but I did notice that not everyone was back yet, so I didn’t feel quite so bad then.
I paid attention and was a good girl then. Cass told me that those who had gone in at early entry right away did not get to ride Radiator Springs because it was closed with technical difficulties. I told her I did get on in the single riders line and I saw a few others get on, so they must’ve had a later start getting over there as well and got in line.

So the meeting went on and we had a guest speaker and it was all very interesting. They do ask questions and if you give a good answer….or ask a good question, you get one of these!

It doesn’t look like much, but let me tell you…everyone wants a Mickey paperclip! LOL

I am not going to bore you with all the meeting details, but honestly it was interesting, but I do get jumpy sitting for long periods of time.
It was now getting close to lunch and we were all going to walk to our destination together.

We were going to Tangoroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel for lunch and I assumed we would walk through DTD to get there, but we didn’t. We took a different way, which involved crossing the street and walking by Paradise Pier. I am glad we went this way because it showed me a different route to get there.

Looking back

Crossing the street.

For lunch we were given the old vouchers that Disneyland used to use for their dining plan. Currently they do not have a dining plan, but the word is they are trying to do one similar to WDW. So…anyways, I think we got something like $80 worth of vouchers for the week to cover meals that weren’t included in the conference room.
These vouchers are in different denominations and if you don’t use the full amount you lose it. They do not refund you the difference. We went in to order and they have kiosks to do so, but some of the kiosk do not have everything on them, so you have to order at the register in that case. That is what I did, as the fry choice was sweet potato fries and I would rather eat shoe leather than those. I also got the fish….more on that later….
I give my order and the girl punches it through and I give her a $10 voucher. I think my order came to over $12. She rings it up and tells me I don’t get change….and I tell her I know, I still owe you money. She realizes she had punched in a $15 voucher and she had no clue how to fix it. She tells me to go have a seat, gives me a number for them to bring my food to me, and a manager will be out shortly to collect the additional money.
Since I did this at the register, I was one of the first to order and I found a seat for Cass and I and she joined me a little bit later.
While we waited for our food, Rita passed out FP’s for us. Since we were in meetings all day they gave us a couple of FP’s to use later in the day. The thing was that the time was for 5-6 PM for this day only…both of them! In the past, when they give out FP’s, they are usually good for the whole week and any time. This time restriction was really bad as it meant once the meetings were done, we would have to get right over to the park to use the FP’s or lose them.
We grumbled amongst ourselves about that for a bit while we waited for the food.

Finally my food came out. I had ordered the Island Fish and Chips - Panko-crusted Mahi Mahi and Sweet Potato Fries (which I substituted with regular fries) served with Lime Tartar Sauce.

I got fish sticks! Hunh? It didn’t say fish sticks on the menu, it said fish and chips. I was not impressed. So I went on to taste them. YUCK. They were not good at all and the tarter was nasty. I forced the sticks down as to not waste them and enjoyed the fries.
I think Cass got a burger. Whatever it was, it looked better than mine. We ate and chatted and finished up. No sign of the manager yet to correct my bill. And honestly, it was their fault, not mine and I wasn’t going to wait around for someone to find me, so I went for a walk.

Sadly I never actually went into Trader Sams, though I hear it is really cool in there.

I found a few free loaders too.

I went back to the table where Cass was sitting and finally a manager had come out with a correct bill. I paid the difference which seemed like a hard process for them. I also felt like they were making me feel like it was my fault, which annoyed me a bit. And I will take this time to say I did not feel that the CM’s at DLR were as friendly or as “good” as the ones at WDW. We found a lot of the park ones talking about breaks, or complaining about something to co-workers. It was just a very different vibe from the CM’s here. Not to say the WDW ones are perfect, but they in general are better than most of the ones I encountered at DLR, especially the park ones.

After everyone was done eating it was time to move on again. We were spending the afternoon touring the Disney Resorts. Rita told us to split back into the same groups we were in yesterday. Cass quickly turned her name badge over so no one could see her character and joined my group. LOL.
We did notice a few other girls did the same things as well and one said that Rita had said that if some wanted to join a different group they could.

Our leader this afternoon was Craig.

Craig works for Disney and is in charge of the call center basically and he has several CM’s who handle the phones under him. He said basically if you call, there is a good chance you are talking to someone on his team. He was very knowledgeable about DLR as a whole and I was glad he was our leader today.

Since we were at DLH, that is where we started our tour today.

We toured several rooms and found out that not all the rooms are set up like what we had. Actually we really liked the layout we had better than most of the other rooms.

This is obviously a suite.

I believe that is the parking garage for the parks.

I am going to admit now that we went in a lot of rooms and I didn’t take pictures in every one and I can’t tell you off hand by looking at the pictures which was which kind….but these are all from the suite I believe.

And we moved on once again.

Next stop!

I had no clue that each of the lobbies were decorated differently in each building. This had the frontier theme going on. Super cute!

Since our group was fairly large, we had to take 2 elevators each time we went up or down and I typically was on the first one. While I waited I took this view picture.

On to a room…See I knew that couch could be made into a bed!!!!

Back down we went and while we were waiting I was looking out the back door window. We were all trying to figure out what the sign said off in the distance, so I zoomed in with my camera and took a picture so we could read it.

Disney Vacation Club!

Good job that you were not too late to the meeting. What a shame that your lunch was not very nice and that they had so much trouble correcting your check especially as it was their mistake to start with. I loved the photos from the Disneyland hotel.

Corinna

Hello! I've got a few days left off school… thought I would venture back over to the Dis! Found this report- so now I have to read! :thumbsup2

Still skipping around to catch up. Looks like single rider is the way to go in Carsland. Wonder if I can convince Denny its OK? :rotfl: He hates single rider. Why? I don't know!

Too bad your lunch was crappy. It doesn't look like much food either. And what's so hard about you using a voucher and cash in one transaction?

I have heard that the CM's in DL are not as professional as the ones in WDW. It really boils down to training for costumer service. Interesting that both parks wouldn't be trained the same.

Okay, so my notes…

What a fun tour that your friend took you on! I have some friends out there that would LOVE to take me around- but I wouldn't get any VIP backlot tours!

DL Hotel looks so nice! And you really had a perfect room to share with a stranger. LOL! I know you "know" her, but still… :thumbsup2

Did Dapper Day happen the same day as the WDW one? That was our first day in the parks at WDW- and it was rather crowded there as well! I had never heard of this event! :confused3

I am saddened that you didn't get that same "rush" at DL as WDW. :guilty:

Um… I cannot believe that you stayed awake for basically 24 hours. You are crazy my dear. :crazy2: I would have been curled up in my bed as soon as I saw it.

Considering all the craziness with Magic Bands at WDW, the ticket taking at DL seems soooo old school! Why don't they have finger scanners? And I agree- "signing" is my signature.

Carsland!!! :cloud9: I can't wait to ride RSR, but I honestly hope they don't bring that ride to DHS.

LOL About the Ferris Wheel. I love those things- but my husband does NOT.

I don't like the "fair" type set up @ AK either. Feels lazy in my opinion.

I love your "death trap" category of rides. :rotfl:

I haven't ever seen the Beast Library before either. OF course, I'm not a big reader of DL Trippies…

I had no idea that ToT was different at DL. (I am learning so much….)

I love the Aladdin show!

AWe… Toontown… :sad1: I am happy with our NFL… but I do miss Toon Town!

I am still reading, but I'm going to post in… I've been reading on and off all day! LOL Only to page 26. :scared:

The food at Flo's LOOKS good. That milkshake makes me want to send Corey over to the Steak and Shake right now! :love:

Ouch on the Matterhorn! That's a bummer that it was so rough and not what you expected. :sad2: I hope whenever we go that I'm able to get on the smoother side!

Jolly Holiday! Awe! I want to go there! You know how I love Mary Poppins!

Oh wow! Haunted Mansion looks totally different on the outside! Pretty!

Cafe Orleans looks yummy! I want those fries! I have seen them before on other trippies! I'd like to try that sandwich- sans the ham!

The GC room looks really nice!

Poor Claire and all those people in your family unable to give the child a bath! :rotfl2:

I'd love to do the DL tour!!!! You are so lucky!

I love that blue dress that you are wearing. So cute.

Love the WoC photos! :)

I have seen hot tubs with that foam on top- I think it's actually from hair gel, lotion/sunscreen, detergent or it's the pH not balanced! I bet those kids were slathered in sunscreen and it was reacting with the chemicals in the hot tub…

I love these rooms at the GC! I want to go there NOW!!!! But I guess staying at the GF in a few weeks will have to do! :woohoo:

Well, lookie there! I'm all caught up! :rolleyes: Aren't you proud of me!?

Good job that you were not too late to the meeting. What a shame that your lunch was not very nice and that they had so much trouble correcting your check especially as it was their mistake to start with. I loved the photos from the Disneyland hotel.

Corinna

Yeah, lunch was pretty poor.
I love Disneyland hotel!!

Hello! I've got a few days left off school… thought I would venture back over to the Dis! Found this report- so now I have to read! :thumbsup2

You big slacker!!!! :lmao:

Still skipping around to catch up. Looks like single rider is the way to go in Carsland. Wonder if I can convince Denny its OK? :rotfl: He hates single rider. Why? I don't know!

Too bad your lunch was crappy. It doesn't look like much food either. And what's so hard about you using a voucher and cash in one transaction?

I have heard that the CM's in DL are not as professional as the ones in WDW. It really boils down to training for costumer service. Interesting that both parks wouldn't be trained the same.

I hope you can convince him too. Try to get there early for early entry and ride it once and then maybe he'll be Ok with single rider after that...or just leave him! :thumbsup2

I guess it's really hard to figure out a voucher and cash...who knew? :confused3 :rotfl:

I ran into several unprofessional CM's at the parks. It was a shame.

Okay, so my notes…

What a fun tour that your friend took you on! I have some friends out there that would LOVE to take me around- but I wouldn't get any VIP backlot tours!

she gave me a royal tour that day

DL Hotel looks so nice! And you really had a perfect room to share with a stranger. LOL! I know you "know" her, but still… :thumbsup2

I loved that hotel! I was so glad that Cass turned out to be normal!!!

Did Dapper Day happen the same day as the WDW one? That was our first day in the parks at WDW- and it was rather crowded there as well! I had never heard of this event! :confused3

This was Feb, so it was a few weeks before.

I am saddened that you didn't get that same "rush" at DL as WDW. :guilty:

I really did enjoy myself, but I never got the exact same feeling, but I think it's because WDW was my "home park."

Um… I cannot believe that you stayed awake for basically 24 hours. You are crazy my dear. :crazy2: I would have been curled up in my bed as soon as I saw it.

Yeah, I know I am crazy!

Considering all the craziness with Magic Bands at WDW, the ticket taking at DL seems soooo old school! Why don't they have finger scanners? And I agree- "signing" is my signature.

It is very old school there.

Carsland!!! :cloud9: I can't wait to ride RSR, but I honestly hope they don't bring that ride to DHS.

It is such an awesome ride

LOL About the Ferris Wheel. I love those things- but my husband does NOT.

death trap!

I don't like the "fair" type set up @ AK either. Feels lazy in my opinion.

exactly

I love your "death trap" category of rides. :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

I haven't ever seen the Beast Library before either. OF course, I'm not a big reader of DL Trippies…

I had not seen it before so I was surprised to find that whole area.

I had no idea that ToT was different at DL. (I am learning so much….)

It's not as good, but the drop to me was crazier

I love the Aladdin show!

:thumbsup2

AWe… Toontown… :sad1: I am happy with our NFL… but I do miss Toon Town!

We miss toon town too.

I am still reading, but I'm going to post in… I've been reading on and off all day! LOL Only to page 26. :scared:

You go girl! I don't think I have links up for the last couple updates if you are using those. I need to get them added, but I'm feeling lazy.

The food at Flo's LOOKS good. That milkshake makes me want to send Corey over to the Steak and Shake right now! :love:

The milkshake was yummy. I might have to get a milkshake on the way to Claire's dance class tonight. :rotfl:

Ouch on the Matterhorn! That's a bummer that it was so rough and not what you expected. :sad2: I hope whenever we go that I'm able to get on the smoother side!

Go on the right side

Jolly Holiday! Awe! I want to go there! You know how I love Mary Poppins!

Me too!!!

Oh wow! Haunted Mansion looks totally different on the outside! Pretty!

It is different inside too, but still similar

Cafe Orleans looks yummy! I want those fries! I have seen them before on other trippies! I'd like to try that sandwich- sans the ham!

The fries are to die for!!!

The GC room looks really nice!

It's beautiful

Poor Claire and all those people in your family unable to give the child a bath! :rotfl2:

I know...and if you ask her to wash her own hair, she acts like you have 5 heads.

I'd love to do the DL tour!!!! You are so lucky!

I was happy to have the tour, even if it was a mini version.

I love that blue dress that you are wearing. So cute.

Thanks. I got it on clearance for like $7 I think.

Love the WoC photos! :)

pixiedust:

I have seen hot tubs with that foam on top- I think it's actually from hair gel, lotion/sunscreen, detergent or it's the pH not balanced! I bet those kids were slathered in sunscreen and it was reacting with the chemicals in the hot tub…

It was so gross!!!!

I love these rooms at the GC! I want to go there NOW!!!! But I guess staying at the GF in a few weeks will have to do! :woohoo:

Oh poor you HAVING to stay at GF is such a pain, isn't it? :rotfl2:

Well, lookie there! I'm all caught up! :rolleyes: Aren't you proud of me!?

Woohooo!!!! And now I am going to update again!

And another stop on our tour.

Again the lobby was decorated to the theme.

There was something special that Craig wanted to show us in this building…the Concierge Lounge. Holy Cow!!!! I want to get a Concierge room now just for this perk!

The view from here was spectacular!!!!

Fireworks can be seen from here.

You have views of BOTH parks!!!

I zoomed in here because our room at the GC was right there on the 2nd floor.

Not only do you see DL parks, but you see Anaheim as well and Craig pointed out a few things, which I no longer even remember.

And a look at the lounge itself.

Lots of goodies to snack on.

Even the tables are magical!!

We left and passed some of the special suites. Sadly I had my camera on a bad setting and couldn’t get very good pictures of the doors. I know some tours have been able to go in the rooms if they are not currently in use, we were not so lucky.

We were done with DLH now and moving onto Paradise Pier.

We entered and I think we had to wait for something before heading up, so I of course took a picture or 2.

LOVE the carpet here!!!!

Check out this view!!!!!

Now I had heard from a few that this is the least desirable resort on property. I had low expectations and I was pleasantly surprised.

Great updates! I think that area where you crossed the streets where the 3 hour free parking for DTD is. My 2nd trip out to LA I didn't get to go to the parks, but a co-worker gave me the scoop on how to get shopping done for souvenirs to bring back.

I love the decor of the one hotel. Very 1970's Brady Bunch California vibe!

Yes, that one picture is of their MASSIVE parking garage. We parked there the first time. The monorail comes out right near there.

The Mickey lamp looks just like the one the have at the Beach Club at WDW. Cute.

OMG! I love the themed building! So cute!!

I want to stay CL there! Holy Cow that lounge is amazing! I need that Tinkerbell table! For real!!!! ::yes::

Great updates! I think that area where you crossed the streets where the 3 hour free parking for DTD is. My 2nd trip out to LA I didn't get to go to the parks, but a co-worker gave me the scoop on how to get shopping done for souvenirs to bring back.

I love the decor of the one hotel. Very 1970's Brady Bunch California vibe!

Yes, that one picture is of their MASSIVE parking garage. We parked there the first time. The monorail comes out right near there.

Good to know about the 3 hour parking. I didn't know that either.
Gotta love the Brady Bunch! :rotfl2: Did you see Alice died the other day?

The Mickey lamp looks just like the one the have at the Beach Club at WDW. Cute.

I believe you are right! I found they use several of the same things at both parks/resorts.

OMG! I love the themed building! So cute!!

I want to stay CL there! Holy Cow that lounge is amazing! I need that Tinkerbell table! For real!!!! ::yes::

Isn't that lounge fabulous?!?!

The Theme Park View rooms were just stunning!!!

Hey!!! I can see our balcony!

And there is the death trap! ( I swear I see a body flying through the air!)

Again, the views from many of these rooms are just spectacular.

I want a lamp like that.

We then headed out to check out the pool area.

We peeked through the fence/gate.

We then found out we could actually go in, so we did.

This slide closes at 5 as well.

I guess if you can’t get a theme park room, these rooms wouldn’t be too bad!!!

Now the pool here was nice, but compared to the other 2 resorts, it wasn’t that great. This one had more of a hotel feel rather than a resort pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter