It’s Always Sunny in California!..Eh?...L’il Bit!

Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014

As I started every other day, I was up early. Today was another full conference day though, so I was soon getting myself ready for another day and heading over to the conference area. Oddly though, our conference was scheduled at the Paradise Pier today. Our guess is that the conference was thrown together so last minute that they couldn’t get space in the GC for every day, but honestly, who knows for sure.

We walked over and once again they had a breakfast buffet out for us.

The food was similar to what we had the day before with a few variations.

It was all very good. I was very impressed with it. Usually buffet eggs can be iffy, but they seemed to know the trick and they were moist, yet not runny.

I don’t think they had the cute little bottles of ketchup here today…but never fear. At one point in our trip, Cass and I were walking down the hall of the GC and we saw a room service cart sitting out in the hall waiting to be taken away. They had little bottles of ketchup, Mayo and Dijon mustard left on it that they had not opened or used. Cass told me I should take them, and who am I to argue. LOL. We kept laughing about it and she shared with me that her first little bottles she had taken were off a room service cart too!

After we filled our bellies, it was time to get started once again.

Another productive meeting and then we took a break.

I guess I stepped outside during the break because I have this picture.

I had to make a potty stop too and the one downstairs was full, so I ran to the one upstairs and this guy was working and I thought it looked funny.

Now, before my trip, I was talking about it to one of my friends and she told me that she found out, quite by accident, that DL resorts have free tampons in the machines in the bathrooms. We had laughed over this, because Disney charges and arm and a leg for everything, but this little item is free.
Of course I checked this out and found this to be true. I grabbed a couple and the night before I whipped one out of my bag and said to Cass “Guess what? Free Tampons” (You don’t know how badly I wanted to use that as my TR title. LOL) Cass died laughing and told me a story how another friend had done almost the exact same thing to her on another trip. Yes, it doesn’t take much to amuse us, and we had a lot of fun with this.
So of course, I had to take a picture.

I then posted this to my company’s social facebook page. (We are all girls, with the exception of one guy who is good spirited) This became such a funny joke. Questions were asked and we just kept laughing over the topic. It has since been a running joke at our company and when each of us travel, we now look for free tampons and post when we find it.
Just a tip, I knew from a previous trip, that the Disney Magic also has free tampons, when my friend Lisa and I just played with the machine and they came pouring out. LOL…and I did investigate in March and it is still true. You will see that I find a few others on my March trip when I post that TR.

Ok, enough of the silliness!!! I headed back downstairs and took a couple of pictures on my way.

Next up for the morning was a vendor fair. The nice thing about vendor fairs…..free stuff! Cass and I went to all the booths and everyone gave out something. Some were better than others….we liked the ones that gave candy out the best. And of course those were little treats to take home to our girls. Some gave out bags, magnets, pads of paper, pens and a few other odd things. We loaded up a bag each. We wondered if we put on glasses if we could go back to the candy ones and get more. LOL.

After we were finished with the vendor fair we headed yet to another conference room where lunch was being served. And I did not take a single picture. This lunch was very good. They had this big pan of steaks. You know when steaks are in bulk like that, they usually are not very good, but I took one anyways, along with many other yummy options. Wow, was I ever wrong. This steak was fabulous! Very thick and tender, and cooked the way I like it.
Cass and I tend to be loners more. We did mingle with the others at the conference, but when it came to sitting down to eat, we preferred to be at our own table, or with just a few people. We found a corner table and sat down. After a bit, 2 of the vendors sat down with us and they were so nice and friendly and we had a good time with them. They found out that Cass had never had avocado before and were just amazed. I think they thought because she lived in Canada that she just didn’t have access to it, but it really was because she never just had an urge to try them.
It was also funny, because one of the girls asked what our profession was. She said she was just told to do a vendor fair that morning and had no clue who she was selling to. LOL.
We also had some big wig guy sit with us and I believe Rita sat with us once again too. We did talk a little bit of business, but we enjoyed talking to the other girls more.
Lunch eventually ended and it was time to move on once again. Today we would be doing more touring, but this time we were heading offsite.

We had a bus to take us around today, so we all loaded up and set off. I swear we only went just around the corner and we already had reached our destination, The Annabella Hotel.

We were dropped off at the corner and walked the rest of the way.

We had to wait a few minutes once we entered, so I took a few pictures.

I spotted the pool out the window. It looked so pretty.

We broke up into 3 or 4 small groups and soon were heading off with a tour guide.

And we made our way right to the pool.

They also had a small workout room.

We also toured a few rooms.

Housekeeping!

This sounds like another really busy day. I am excited that you got to tour some Good Neighbour hotels. If our waitlist for VGC does not come through, we will go down that route and at the moment I feel like a fish out of water.

Corinna

I stayed at the Annabella this spring. Nice place and an easy walk to DTD but the walls are paper thin!

Jill in CO

The housekeeping truck at the hotel isn't quite as pretty as the POP century one there :lmao:

Hey...give it a try! :thumbsup2

I would be tempted... Last year when I went away for longer than two days and couldn't practice everyday I started to freak out after the first 4 days :rotfl:

This sounds like another really busy day. I am excited that you got to tour some Good Neighbour hotels. If our waitlist for VGC does not come through, we will go down that route and at the moment I feel like a fish out of water.

Corinna

I can understand, there are a ton of them, but I highly suggest getting a place that is walking distance.

I stayed at the Annabella this spring. Nice place and an easy walk to DTD but the walls are paper thin!

Jill in CO

I figured this was borderline close to walk to. Good to know about the walls.

The tangerian looked nice. Where is it located?

The Tangerine is the bar and restaurant in the Annabella.

The housekeeping truck at the hotel isn't quite as pretty as the POP century one there :lmao:

I would be tempted... Last year when I went away for longer than two days and couldn't practice everyday I started to freak out after the first 4 days :rotfl:

No, not nearly as cute.

:rotfl2:

Moving along in our tour.

I believe this area was being prepped for a party.

I love these trees….remember, its February here!!!

Some rooms had a little patio.

It must’ve been a cooler day as I noticed I am wearing a sweatshirt.

That’s our guide in black with her hair up. I thought she just radiated “classy”. She seemed like one of those people who would be in jeans and a t-shirt and still make it look good.

Another pool!

A few last pictures.

As we came to an end of our tour we were each offered a tangerine drink, so I grabbed one. It was decent, but seemed to have an aftertaste to me. Cass then says to me “I thought you didn’t like tea?” and I told her I don’t. And she says “Well that’s tea you’re drinking”. UGH, it instantly tasted yucky after that. LOL. It was OK, but once she told me it was tea, I knew the funny off taste I tasted was the tea part of it and I couldn’t finish it.

We had to wait a few minutes for the rest of the group to be done before we headed off to the next destination.

In case you were wondering where the Annabella is located in terms of distance to the parks, I have circled it on this map.

Once everyone was done with the tour we loaded back on the bus and headed to the Courtyard.

In case you want to know where the courtyard is, I have circled it on this map.

As you can see, this really is not that close in terms of walking to the parks. For me personally, I would not want to stay this far away.

Construction was going on next door.

I believe it was here, that while walking in, Cass whispered to me “So and so looks like she is wearing a diaper”. OK, how do you not totally crack up laughing at that? So I take a peek really quickly and reply “L’il bit”.
Cass just totally cracked up at my reply. Of course through the rest of the trip she would say “l’il bit” whenever she had the chance. I guess I never realized it, but I say l’il bit quite a bit. HAH!

The Lobby was very nice. As you may remember, I stayed at a Courtyard the night before my flight out to California and the lobby was very similar to this, though I never took pictures. Courtyards have been remodeling their hotels to this new look.

Again, we had some waiting around before we got started, so I took pictures.

I can understand, there are a ton of them, but I highly suggest getting a place that is walking distance.

Yes, that is very important to me. I have been looking at a couple of the hotels between Disney Way and Manchester and the Howard Johnson.

I love the look of the Courtyard, but this is too far away from the action for my liking.

Corinna

I figured this was borderline close to walk to. Good to know about the walls.

The Tangerine is the bar and restaurant in the Annabella.

No, not nearly as cute.

It's exactly .5 miles to the lobby of the GCH and .6 miles to the DTD Starbucks. :)

Jill in CO

We just stayed at the Howard Johnson's for the third time and highly recommend it.:thumbsup2

It felt like we were in the park within 5 min. of leaving the hotel, although it's probably a few min. longer. Very nice compared to WDW, though I love both destinations!!:goodvibes

Too funny that you really didn't want to see that kid's club and that you had to endure it! It's really cute though!

Yay for getting to the parks and riding Space Mountain. I have heard its a lot better than WDW, but you're the first person I've heard say they want to give up the WDW version all together. :rotfl2:

Sorry the wait for dinner was long. I probably would have bailed too!

Yay for a character picture! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads-up on the most awesome nachos ever!

Playing catch up and finally have a bit of time to actually reply. :lmao:

I am loving the tour of the hotels and will at least have to check out the lobbies of both DLH and PP when I go.

Sorry you were hit and miss on the food- I can see how that can happen but thanks for the thumbs up on the chicken nachos, I will be sure to get those on my to do list.

I only had the Halloween version last time- this time I will get the Halloween version a few days without and then hopefully a chance on the last day for the regular version.

I like the virtual exploring I am doing... :lmao:

Yes, that is very important to me. I have been looking at a couple of the hotels between Disney Way and Manchester and the Howard Johnson.

I love the look of the Courtyard, but this is too far away from the action for my liking.

Corinna

I have heard good things about the Howard Johnson!

It's exactly .5 miles to the lobby of the GCH and .6 miles to the DTD Starbucks. :)

Jill in CO

We just stayed at the Howard Johnson's for the third time and highly recommend it.:thumbsup2

It felt like we were in the park within 5 min. of leaving the hotel, although it's probably a few min. longer. Very nice compared to WDW, though I love both destinations!!:goodvibes

I have heard many good things about the HJ! And it does look close!

Too funny that you really didn't want to see that kid's club and that you had to endure it! It's really cute though!

Yay for getting to the parks and riding Space Mountain. I have heard its a lot better than WDW, but you're the first person I've heard say they want to give up the WDW version all together. :rotfl2:

Sorry the wait for dinner was long. I probably would have bailed too!

Yay for a character picture! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads-up on the most awesome nachos ever!

I am glad we saw it, but I was just tired and ready to be done at that point. It's always nice to be done early with "work". :thumbsup2

You must get those nachos!!!!

Playing catch up and finally have a bit of time to actually reply. :lmao:

I am loving the tour of the hotels and will at least have to check out the lobbies of both DLH and PP when I go.

Sorry you were hit and miss on the food- I can see how that can happen but thanks for the thumbs up on the chicken nachos, I will be sure to get those on my to do list.

I only had the Halloween version last time- this time I will get the Halloween version a few days without and then hopefully a chance on the last day for the regular version.

I like the virtual exploring I am doing... :lmao:

Be sure to get those nachos...they are very good!

I'm back from my trip and trying to catch up here and there. You've done way too many updates for me to comment. I did read it all and loved the pictures. I especially enjoyed the resort tours since we still haven't a clue where we are staying at DL next year.

Oh and that fish and chips? Those fish sticks look disgusting.

You are an updating machine, Jen! But I love them all. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the pics of the good neighbour hotels. We might stay at one when we go back to California in 2016 (hopefully!!!!!!).

Got a little more caught up, but I'm headed to work so I will have to finish up later.

Cool tips about the early entrance line to CA and single rider for RSR. I think our plan is going to be 1) ride standby 2) single rider 3) fast pass (hope it is for night because we really want to ride in the evening)

Great pictures from Carsland and Little Mermaid- I have not been on the MK ride- my boys don't do mermaids- so I don't know if I will catch this version either.

I was reading menus and the Mahi Mahi at TT interested me, but now I am scared!

I'm glad Cass joined your tour group.

Great pictures from your resort tours.

At DL- do you book the themed tower you want, or are they "preferred bookings" or is just luck of the draw? I would like Adventureland.

We are staying GC because of the location, but I think I would really like the vibe at Paradise Pier- very much like my beloved Beach Club.

WOW- on the views from the lounges and some of the rooms!!!

And thanks both of you for the picture, and suggestion of the nachos. I probably would normally skip these, but now I must try them!!!

:goodvibes

I'm back from my trip and trying to catch up here and there. You've done way too many updates for me to comment. I did read it all and loved the pictures. I especially enjoyed the resort tours since we still haven't a clue where we are staying at DL next year.

Oh and that fish and chips? Those fish sticks look disgusting.

I have been trying to update daily. I have so much to do that I just need to get this one done!
Yeah the fish sticks were not very tasty at all.

You are an updating machine, Jen! But I love them all. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the pics of the good neighbour hotels. We might stay at one when we go back to California in 2016 (hopefully!!!!!!).

I am trying to get this one done and get started at least on the WDW/ DCL one. I have so much to do for that one that it will take me quite a while.

There are so many hotels in the area, but I just would not like being so far, not that they are far, but some you really need a bus, and it's not a free bus like at WDW. ;)

Got a little more caught up, but I'm headed to work so I will have to finish up later.

Cool tips about the early entrance line to CA and single rider for RSR. I think our plan is going to be 1) ride standby 2) single rider 3) fast pass (hope it is for night because we really want to ride in the evening)

Great pictures from Carsland and Little Mermaid- I have not been on the MK ride- my boys don't do mermaids- so I don't know if I will catch this version either.

I was reading menus and the Mahi Mahi at TT interested me, but now I am scared!

I'm glad Cass joined your tour group.

Great pictures from your resort tours.

At DL- do you book the themed tower you want, or are they "preferred bookings" or is just luck of the draw? I would like Adventureland.

We are staying GC because of the location, but I think I would really like the vibe at Paradise Pier- very much like my beloved Beach Club.

WOW- on the views from the lounges and some of the rooms!!!

And thanks both of you for the picture, and suggestion of the nachos. I probably would normally skip these, but now I must try them!!!

:goodvibes

I am greatly enjoying your TR! We are going to Disneyland for the first time next month!!!

Some of the rooms and views were just amazing!
Tha nachos are really good. All homemade it appeared and it tasted fresh!
We were much happier when Cass and I could tour together.
We did ride RSR at night one evening and it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter