It’s Always Sunny in California!..Eh?...L’il Bit!

We love the Hearthstone Lounge. We don't really rate Whitewater Snacks and Hearthstone Lounge has quite a nice menu if you just want something quick and easy to eat.

Corinna

We found out the Whitewater Snacks have some excellent nachos. We may have had them more than once! :goodvibes

That is a great picture!!!

Jen-

Congratulations to Paige and to all of you for the upcoming addition to your family.

I am continuing to love all of your pictures and descriptions of the resort. That is nice that you had some time to explore between breakfast and the start of the seminar for the day.

I'm glad you were able to find a sweatshirt you liked so much that you got one for Claire, too!

Janet takes amazing pictures and if you haven't already, go check out her DL TR. It's called "we defected west". She's been really busy lately and hasn't posted a lot, but she has excellent pictures and info in hers.
It was so nice they allowed us to have the early entry time. I was happy to get all the daytime photos around the pool during that time.
I love the sweatshort. I think it is one of my all time favorites right now.

I next headed outside to check out this area I had seen the day before. I had thought the monorail went through the building somewhere, but I knew you couldn’t see it inside…so I basically was on a quest to see where it was.

There it is.

It was pretty over here so I took a lot of pictures.

There goes the monorail!

Those people were trying to go to the park and they thought this was a shortcut, but really it’s a dead end, so they all had to turn around and I told them how to get there. LOL.

Dead end!

I decided now I would head over to California Adventure and see how the Radiator Springs Racer single rider line was.

I went through DTD though. The line was still really long out of the Grand and though I heard it moved fast, I just was not in the mood to mess with it.

Thanks for the tips about Janet's report. I will head right over and check it out!!! A person can't have too many trip reports to be behind on!!!

:rotfl:

As soon as I knew we were going to DL, I contacted Brenda (emmysmommy) and asked her to send me a couple of park maps, so I have been studying those! It is really weird to see familiar attractions in different places than they are in DW.

That is a really pretty area! A nice place to walk around for some peace and quiet.

You mentioned the monorail. So, what exactly, is it for? Where does it go/where does it take you to and from?

That gate is sometimes open and if it is, it is a really neat shortcut especially when coming from the parks.

Corinna

Thanks for the tips about Janet's report. I will head right over and check it out!!! A person can't have too many trip reports to be behind on!!!

As soon as I knew we were going to DL, I contacted Brenda (emmysmommy) and asked her to send me a couple of park maps, so I have been studying those! It is really weird to see familiar attractions in different places than they are in DW.

That is a really pretty area! A nice place to walk around for some peace and quite.

You mentioned the monorail. So, what exactly, is it for? Where does it go/where does it take you to and from?

I see you found her TR.
The monorail can take you from inside DL park to DTD. REally in my opinion it isn't that great. We did ride it once, but it wasn't any faster.

That gate is sometimes open and if it is, it is a really neat shortcut especially when coming from the parks.

Corinna

I had read that too. I actually read at one time it was open all the time, but I guess people didn't use it much or something like that and they closed it off.

I thought of you this weekend as we were in the Frankenmuth area. My DS out grew all his last years summer clothes so we went to Birch Run to get him new ones. And you can't go to Birch Run without running over to Frankenmuth for some fudge.

The monorail can take you from inside DL park to DTD. REally in my opinion it isn't that great. We did ride it once, but it wasn't any faster.

We will definitely check it out. It may not be faster, but we have an on-going debate in my family

"The monorail is TOO a ride!"

:lmao:

I thought of you this weekend as we were in the Frankenmuth area. My DS out grew all his last years summer clothes so we went to Birch Run to get him new ones. And you can't go to Birch Run without running over to Frankenmuth for some fudge.

LOL!
Yes...and did you get a chicken dinner too????? MMMMMM!

We will definitely check it out. It may not be faster, but we have an on-going debate in my family

"The monorail is TOO a ride!"

:lmao:

Well it is more of a ride in my opinion at DL. I was told if the monorail isn't pulling right into the station as you walk up, it is not really worth the wait if you are using it for fast transportation.

Love the pictures. It looks like a beautiful resort!

Thanks!

When I arrived at the entrance it was pretty packed, but I found they had a special line for the early entrance people and that was extremely short.

I took in more sites as I entered today.

SCORE!!! The single rider line was practically non existent!

As I got up there and directed to a line, I had a person ask me how I was able to go through the short line. LOL. It’s single riders baby!!!!

My wait was basically nothing. I walked through and got put on almost immediately.

I refrained from taking pictures this time around and just enjoyed the ride.
As I got off, 3 of the people from my conference were just getting off and I told them about the single rider line as well. I think from the time I walked in the park and then got in line and rode it, it was something like only 10 minutes that had passed. They decided they were going to get back in line for single riders now. They weren’t worried about being late back….and a confession here….neither was I!

I took some pictures as I moseyed my way back towards the GC entrance.

Love a single rider line especially since I live with a family of chickens and I ride the coasters solo!

WDW needs more single rider lines....DL does it right!

Jill in CO

No chicken dinner this time, we only live 40 minutes from there so we go quite often. We went to Tony's and got the pound of bacon and eggs for breakfast instead.

Julie

You really did take some cool pictures as you moseyed!
The single rider line for RSR is the best! Without it, we might have only gotten to ride it once.

Beautiful pictures again, Jen.
And how great that the single riders line was non existant - I had to LOL at the comment of another guest about how you got to go in the short line though. :rotfl2:

I have to say I do like the monorail, but I treat it like a ride rather than transportation. At least once per trip I just do the round trip without getting off.

The empty single rider line was a stroke of luck. I love all the photos.

Corinna

I just got all caught up again. With my new job I can really only get on the Dis about twice a week. Hopefully once River is out of school I can have more Dis time.

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW princess: TO BE!!!!!! How Exciting

That is so cool you got to go in Walt's apartment!

It will probably be next week before I can catch up again but that's OK. Then its like I'm sitting down with a good book (with lot's of pictures:laughing:)

Love a single rider line especially since I live with a family of chickens and I ride the coasters solo!

LOL.

WDW needs more single rider lines....DL does it right!

Jill in CO

Yes, I do like the single rider lines.

No chicken dinner this time, we only live 40 minutes from there so we go quite often. We went to Tony's and got the pound of bacon and eggs for breakfast instead.

Julie

I have seen that place featured on food shows. We often say we would like to go, but since we only take day trips once a year, we never get there.

You really did take some cool pictures as you moseyed!
The single rider line for RSR is the best! Without it, we might have only gotten to ride it once.

LOL...thanks
Yes, I used the single rider line 3 times during the trip I believe!

Beautiful pictures again, Jen.
And how great that the single riders line was non existant - I had to LOL at the comment of another guest about how you got to go in the short line though. :rotfl2:

During the day though, that line can get long, but still faster.

I have to say I do like the monorail, but I treat it like a ride rather than transportation. At least once per trip I just do the round trip without getting off.

The empty single rider line was a stroke of luck. I love all the photos.

Corinna

I wish I had more time, but we only rode it once, and it was dark, so I didn't get to see much.

I just got all caught up again. With my new job I can really only get on the Dis about twice a week. Hopefully once River is out of school I can have more Dis time.

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW princess: TO BE!!!!!! How Exciting

That is so cool you got to go in Walt's apartment!

It will probably be next week before I can catch up again but that's OK. Then its like I'm sitting down with a good book (with lot's of pictures:laughing:)

I totally understand. I have been busy with my job and end of school things and tomorrow I will be gone all day for a seminar...no to self...print the driving directions tonight. :thumbsup2

I noticed that the Little Mermaid ride had no line at all, so I went in and asked how long the ride actually was and they told me 6 minutes. OK, I would be cutting it short, but I decided to ride anyways.

The ride queue here is nothing like at WDW and pretty boring, but I walked right through it.

The ride itself is virtually the same as at WDW.

I only spotted small differences and not enough that most people would even notice.

At some point during the ride it stopped. I have to admit I was a little panicked about that. I knew I was cutting it close by riding it as it was and now I was going to be late. Luckily it started moving soon and I blew a sigh of relief.

The photos from inside the ride are great. The ride in California very rarely has a line. I am glad that it was not stopped for long.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter