Is this realistic?

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a good Easter. Mine was pretty low key. Just the way I like it. I just wanted to stop in and post my 6 month photos since starting boot camp. If I can do this anyone can!

image.jpeg

There is only about 25 lbs difference between them if you can believe it.

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a good Easter. Mine was pretty low key. Just the way I like it. I just wanted to stop in and post my 6 month photos since starting boot camp. If I can do this anyone can!

View attachment 158600

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

StayCool, those results are awesome. What a difference. You have to be so proud of yourself when you see the difference?

View attachment 158600

congratulations!!

and happy easter to anyone celebrating -- I'm greek, so ours isn't until May 1 this year, it's weird to be so much later than everyone else's...

View attachment 158600

That's awesome! Even more awesome is that you've stuck with it and I can see your confidence...definitely Cool!

Hi, everyone, hope you're doing well.

Just wanted to pop in and say -- my sister and I did our first 10k yesterday! And not only weren't we last, but we were actually overtaking people towards the end (and, as my sister excitedly put it, we weren't even on the last page of results!).

And…each half was faster than the 5k we did last month! Official results have us at 1:54.30 (for an 18.28/mile pace), but my app had us long again (6.53 miles, but same time) with the breakdown:
18:02
17:06
17:54 (uphill through east baltimore :crazy2:)
17:23 (downhill!)
17:14
17:48 (uphill again. ugh.)
and 16:42 pace for the last half mile

A friend was with us as well -- she's actually a runner, but has been fighting off a sinus infection so she walked with us. Well, "walked" -- she blasted music on her phone and danced through the streets. It was hilarious. Plus, it kept the B'more cops entertained.

Some minor soreness today, but that also might be due to having to stand in dress shoes for a bit to present at a conference :sad2:

There's still work to do (distance) and improvements to be made (speed) before Disney in November, but definitely happy with how things went yesterday.

Hi, everyone, hope you're doing well.

Just wanted to pop in and say -- my sister and I did our first 10k yesterday! And not only weren't we last, but we were actually overtaking people towards the end (and, as my sister excitedly put it, we weren't even on the last page of results!).

And…each half was faster than the 5k we did last month! Official results have us at 1:54.30 (for an 18.28/mile pace), but my app had us long again (6.53 miles, but same time) with the breakdown:
18:02
17:06
17:54 (uphill through east baltimore :crazy2:)
17:23 (downhill!)
17:14
17:48 (uphill again. ugh.)
and 16:42 pace for the last half mile

A friend was with us as well -- she's actually a runner, but has been fighting off a sinus infection so she walked with us. Well, "walked" -- she blasted music on her phone and danced through the streets. It was hilarious. Plus, it kept the B'more cops entertained.

Some minor soreness today, but that also might be due to having to stand in dress shoes for a bit to present at a conference :sad2:

There's still work to do (distance) and improvements to be made (speed) before Disney in November, but definitely happy with how things went yesterday.

Great job on the race and the progress you are making. It is not uncommon to be sore after a race, I am always sore after a run, even a training run.

Now for November. Did I miss something or are you doing a race at Disney in November? I just read back a few of your posts and I didn't see where you said you signed up???

Great job on the race and the progress you are making. It is not uncommon to be sore after a race, I am always sore after a run, even a training run.

Now for November. Did I miss something or are you doing a race at Disney in November? I just read back a few of your posts and I didn't see where you said you signed up???

Thanks!

I must not have posted it here -- it's official, my sister and I are in for Wine and Dine :D So with a fixed point on the calendar, all that's left is to work up to that point (and save up the $$$ to pay it off…)

Wine and Dine, that's excellent. Are you doing the 1/2 or the challenge? Where are you staying? You have plenty of time. As long as you do the work and stay focused you will do great. Be careful though, these races are addicting.

My sister wanted to be ambitious and go for the challenge -- so that's what we're in for :)

Planning to stay at All-Star Music to try and keep costs low…our first time at a Value, we've been spoiled until now.

Have definitely heard they're addicting…thankfully/unfortunately, the high costs of trips will probably keep that at bay, but in the long run I'd take supplanting an addiction to junk food with an addiction to races!

Well, that will be a lot of work but well worth it. And I think you are so correct, it will be much better to be addicted to this than junk food.

I would stay at AS Sports or Movies over Music. I don't think Music has been refurbished yet and I know Sports has the new food court because I stayed there. It is also the first of the All Stars so you get buses first and dropped off first.

And, if you want any support during your training you should join us on "The Running Thread". I think we are under the runDisney subsection. All levels and distances are on there. It's a good group of people. Lots of support and information. Just a thought.

Thanks for the advice :) I'm pretty good at lurking on the various threads, that's one that I've been following…

I haven't been able to stick with it much this week as I've not been feeling well (and my knee is having issues) so I've not wanted to push too hard, but at the same time am itching to get back to the walking…we have a 10-mile race scheduled for June, so that should be interesting.

How have things been for you?

Hey everyone. I've been MIA for a while but I'm happy to see you are all doing well. Beatlecat I have to say I'm jealous of you being able to sign up for Wine and Dine. It will be so much fun!

I'm still bumping alone. I've decided to change things up a little so I'm going to start following IIFYM for an eating plan. It stands for if it fits your macros. As we know, I'm not great at being consistent with my food. In February when I was consistent for 4 weeks I lost 10 lbs but I felt very weak. Since then I've just maintained my weight. I need to get moving again and this bumps my calories up significantly. I just need to be faithful to it as there is a pretty big learning curve. I paid for an online coach to do my numbers so I'm looking forward to getting started next week.

I've got 76 days left until my cruise and would like to be a few lbs lighter before I go.

I'm really enjoying lifting weights. I'm toying with seeing if I am good enough to enter a powerlifting competition at some point. Who knows?

Thanks for the advice :) I'm pretty good at lurking on the various threads, that's one that I've been following…

I haven't been able to stick with it much this week as I've not been feeling well (and my knee is having issues) so I've not wanted to push too hard, but at the same time am itching to get back to the walking…we have a 10-mile race scheduled for June, so that should be interesting.

How have things been for you?

Well, don't be afraid to join us. If you have been lurking you can see it is a great group of people and they can be very encouraging and supportive. Not that we aren't here as well but this thread has been pretty quiet lately because everyone is so busy. :worried:

As for how I am doing. I am doing OK. I am not as consistent with my workouts as I should be but I will push harder next month. I am adding in some cross training this year though. On the work front I am happy to say I am no longer working with my lying/crazy co-worker anymore. I got moved to a new location this month and while I was mad at first that it was me who got moved, since she was the one harassing me, it has worked out better than I could have expected.

Hey everyone. I've been MIA for a while but I'm happy to see you are all doing well. Beatlecat I have to say I'm jealous of you being able to sign up for Wine and Dine. It will be so much fun!

I'm still bumping alone. I've decided to change things up a little so I'm going to start following IIFYM for an eating plan. It stands for if it fits your macros. As we know, I'm not great at being consistent with my food. In February when I was consistent for 4 weeks I lost 10 lbs but I felt very weak. Since then I've just maintained my weight. I need to get moving again and this bumps my calories up significantly. I just need to be faithful to it as there is a pretty big learning curve. I paid for an online coach to do my numbers so I'm looking forward to getting started next week.

I've got 76 days left until my cruise and would like to be a few lbs lighter before I go.

I'm really enjoying lifting weights. I'm toying with seeing if I am good enough to enter a powerlifting competition at some point. Who knows?

I am jealous too so don't feel bad. Although I wish it was still a night race but oh well. I just loved the after party after ToT so it would have been cool to run W&D before it changed.

I have actually be struggling with the decision to register for Goofy this year. Even though these races and trips don't cost me much because I win gift cards at work for all the contests they have, I still feel like I should pass for the year, BUT I DON'T WANT TO. It was so much fun and I want to do it again!!!

You can do the powerlifting thing if you want to you. I think by now you have proven you can do what you set your mind to. You did ToT and now you have done this. You have lost the weight and there is no end in sight. All you need to do is decide what you want and you'll make it happen.

whoa, weightlifting is badass! awesome!

Well, don't be afraid to join us. If you have been lurking you can see it is a great group of people and they can be very encouraging and supportive. Not that we aren't here as well but this thread has been pretty quiet lately because everyone is so busy. :worried:

As for how I am doing. I am doing OK. I am not as consistent with my workouts as I should be but I will push harder next month. I am adding in some cross training this year though. On the work front I am happy to say I am no longer working with my lying/crazy co-worker anymore. I got moved to a new location this month and while I was mad at first that it was me who got moved, since she was the one harassing me, it has worked out better than I could have expected.

I am jealous too so don't feel bad. Although I wish it was still a night race but oh well. I just loved the after party after ToT so it would have been cool to run W&D before it changed.

I have actually be struggling with the decision to register for Goofy this year. Even though these races and trips don't cost me much because I win gift cards at work for all the contests they have, I still feel like I should pass for the year, BUT I DON'T WANT TO. It was so much fun and I want to do it again!!!

You can do the powerlifting thing if you want to you. I think by now you have proven you can do what you set your mind to. You did ToT and now you have done this. You have lost the weight and there is no end in sight. All you need to do is decide what you want and you'll make it happen.

glad to hear that things are working out…as for goofy, what is making you feel like you should pass? that is, is there a big downside or challenge to you going?

I want to do Goofy in the worst way but even with the gift cards it will cost me some money between the race entry fee of $330 and food it will be $500 or so I have to spend.

So here's the thing, and you'll probably regret asking :D. We will be filing for our divorce soon so that $500 could come in handy when/if we decide to move at some point once this starts. I still would like to wait until next summer because of stuff related to the kids school but you never know. I also want to do Dopey in 2018 so part of me thinks I should save this $500 and do a nicer trip for Dopey (I always wanted to have a nice celebratory divorce trip to bookend the marriage). My fear is that once the divorce happens and I'm living on my own that things will pop up that prevent me from making Dopey and I will have missed both chances. So, do I go this year and stay at an All Star hotel and then do the same for 2018 if I am able to make it then too, or do I just go for one big trip in 2018?

I already got the biggest hurdle out of the way. I asked the kids if they would care if I went again this year without them, since they still can't come because my wife won't go, and they told me I should do it.

So there is my conflict. Wish you didn't ask now? :D:D

My sister wanted to be ambitious and go for the challenge -- so that's what we're in for :)

Planning to stay at All-Star Music to try and keep costs low…our first time at a Value, we've been spoiled until now.

Have definitely heard they're addicting…thankfully/unfortunately, the high costs of trips will probably keep that at bay, but in the long run I'd take supplanting an addiction to junk food with an addiction to races!
Hey, that's awesome! The Disney races are indeed expensive. I've kind of backed off of them...partly because of the price, partly because I am getting annoyed with the way Run Disney actually runs things. (Proof of Time that you can't enter when you register but have to go back and do...not being able to pick up packets for other people, that sort of thing.)

But it's totally worth it, for a while :-)

In February when I was consistent for 4 weeks I lost 10 lbs but I felt very weak. Since then I've just maintained my weight. I need to get moving again and this bumps my calories up significantly. I just need to be faithful to it as there is a pretty big learning curve. I paid for an online coach to do my numbers so I'm looking forward to getting started next week.
This part worries me a little - you should watch your food, but if you aren't fueling yourself for your workouts, that counteracts all the work you're doing. I hope the online coach recognizes that - I've seen some crazy coaches that have recommended 1200 calorie diets for triathletes. Nuts.

Super cool! I'm not a huge fan of weight lifting, but it can be fun. You should definitely go for the competition!

So here's the thing, and you'll probably regret asking :D. We will be filing for our divorce soon so that $500 could come in handy when/if we decide to move at some point once this starts. I still would like to wait until next summer because of stuff related to the kids school but you never know. I also want to do Dopey in 2018 so part of me thinks I should save this $500 and do a nicer trip for Dopey (I always wanted to have a nice celebratory divorce trip to bookend the marriage). My fear is that once the divorce happens and I'm living on my own that things will pop up that prevent me from making Dopey and I will have missed both chances. So, do I go this year and stay at an All Star hotel and then do the same for 2018 if I am able to make it then too, or do I just go for one big trip in 2018?

I already got the biggest hurdle out of the way. I asked the kids if they would care if I went again this year without them, since they still can't come because my wife won't go, and they told me I should do it.
That's a tough call. The only thing I'd say is that there is never a good time to go on long trips and there is always some reason to stay at home and not do that thing that you were thinking about doing. So...you skip this 2017...and then there's a good reason to skip 2018...and then you haven't done either instead of just doing one. If you can make it work and you really want to do it, go for it. If you really think you can save the gift cards and money for a good trip AND that you'll take it, then do that. I do think that if I were to do Dopey, I'd want to do it at a moderate or high end resort, just for the amenities.

As for me...I just started my third trimester. Still doing circus but it's getting harder and harder to lift my hips above my head. And the heartburn is such that going upside down is less and less enjoyable anyway. Two weeks until Tinkerbell, but I'm annoyed - I went onto Active a while ago to be sure I'd sent in my PoT and the site said I had and that it had been accepted. Only it turns out not to be the case and I'm stuck in the last corral. I finished the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler at an 11:45 pace, so even though I wouldn't do so great in Corral A (where my PoT would put me), I'm not going to be happy all the way at the back. I hate the way RunDisney does their PoT - none of the other seeded races (and I do quite a number of them) do it this way and many of them let you adjust your corral at the Expo. Oh well, I'll make the best of it. Not sure I'll stop for any of the official character pics, but will try to get at least one at the World of Color fountains or the Castle to show evidence of a third trimester half marathon. (Then again, I've run a total of 3 miles since CB10, so maybe the last corral is where I'll belong...)

The new job is going swimmingly, although I still don't know what I'm doing, so ignorance may be bliss. I'm headed to FL for a business trip next week but had to say no to a trip to the middle east because it would have been around Week 34 and there was no way I was going to do that.

@Chiomaca your frustrations are totally understandable. Is there any chance of talking with customer service or something?

Good luck with the race, though! Running and pregnancy are both mind-bogglingly difficult (to me, at least!), and to do them together -- whoa. You're a rockstar!

I want to do Goofy in the worst way but even with the gift cards it will cost me some money between the race entry fee of $330 and food it will be $500 or so I have to spend.

So there is my conflict. Wish you didn't ask now? :D:D

No regrets! Sorry to hear about the challenges, but @Chiomaca summed up everything I was going to say -- you don't necessarily want to skip something if there's a chance it might not happen in the future (e.g., skipping 2017 for 2018 with no guarantee that 2018 will happen), but if the choice is an all-star now vs. a mod/deluxe in the future, I'd definitely go for saving! In fairness, though, I'm also of the opinion that spreading out Disney trips makes them more special, rather than a place you go to every year.

This part worries me a little - you should watch your food, but if you aren't fueling yourself for your workouts, that counteracts all the work you're doing. I hope the online coach recognizes that - I've seen some crazy coaches that have recommended 1200 calorie diets for triathletes. Nuts.

Super cool! I'm not a huge fan of weight lifting, but it can be fun. You should definitely go for the competition!

That's a tough call. The only thing I'd say is that there is never a good time to go on long trips and there is always some reason to stay at home and not do that thing that you were thinking about doing. So...you skip this 2017...and then there's a good reason to skip 2018...and then you haven't done either instead of just doing one. If you can make it work and you really want to do it, go for it. If you really think you can save the gift cards and money for a good trip AND that you'll take it, then do that. I do think that if I were to do Dopey, I'd want to do it at a moderate or high end resort, just for the amenities.

As for me...I just started my third trimester. Still doing circus but it's getting harder and harder to lift my hips above my head. And the heartburn is such that going upside down is less and less enjoyable anyway. Two weeks until Tinkerbell, but I'm annoyed - I went onto Active a while ago to be sure I'd sent in my PoT and the site said I had and that it had been accepted. Only it turns out not to be the case and I'm stuck in the last corral. I finished the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler at an 11:45 pace, so even though I wouldn't do so great in Corral A (where my PoT would put me), I'm not going to be happy all the way at the back. I hate the way RunDisney does their PoT - none of the other seeded races (and I do quite a number of them) do it this way and many of them let you adjust your corral at the Expo. Oh well, I'll make the best of it. Not sure I'll stop for any of the official character pics, but will try to get at least one at the World of Color fountains or the Castle to show evidence of a third trimester half marathon. (Then again, I've run a total of 3 miles since CB10, so maybe the last corral is where I'll belong...)

The new job is going swimmingly, although I still don't know what I'm doing, so ignorance may be bliss. I'm headed to FL for a business trip next week but had to say no to a trip to the middle east because it would have been around Week 34 and there was no way I was going to do that.

I talked to a nutritionist last year who wanted me to do 1700 calories a day even with the running. I was forever hungry so it just didn't work for me. Of course I still haven't lost any additional weight so who knows if I am right or not on eating more.

Chiomaca, if you have something saying you submitted your PoT and it says it was accepted you should email runDisney. If you say you have that evidence that it was submitted they will let you change it at the expo. It happened to my friend that did the marathon with me this year. He just had to bring the email and info showing the acceptance and they just changed his corral on the spot. While your pace is not where it needs to be for corral A you earned the spot and it will allow you to take it easy and enjoy the race more as opposed to bobbing and weaving through the slower runners in the back. The fact that you can still do circus in your third trimester is pretty impressive, or running for that matter.

New job? Is this another new job or the same one from a few months ago?

@Chiomaca your frustrations are totally understandable. Is there any chance of talking with customer service or something?

Good luck with the race, though! Running and pregnancy are both mind-bogglingly difficult (to me, at least!), and to do them together -- whoa. You're a rockstar!

No regrets! Sorry to hear about the challenges, but @Chiomaca summed up everything I was going to say -- you don't necessarily want to skip something if there's a chance it might not happen in the future (e.g., skipping 2017 for 2018 with no guarantee that 2018 will happen), but if the choice is an all-star now vs. a mod/deluxe in the future, I'd definitely go for saving! In fairness, though, I'm also of the opinion that spreading out Disney trips makes them more special, rather than a place you go to every year.

See, I was hoping you guys would make my decision for me. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 I can make a case for either situation. My biggest fear is that I save for Dopey in 2018 and I can't make it then I miss both. And I love the idea of the nicer hotel but I stayed at the Contemporary this year and I have to say, that hotel really doesn't do much for me. I have stayed there before and if not for the location I don't think I would stay there. I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian (its my FAVORITE) but its way to much money). I have the day off on Tuesday just in case I decide to register but it will likely be a last minute decision.

See, I was hoping you guys would make my decision for me. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 I can make a case for either situation. My biggest fear is that I save for Dopey in 2018 and I can't make it then I miss both. And I love the idea of the nicer hotel but I stayed at the Contemporary this year and I have to say, that hotel really doesn't do much for me. I have stayed there before and if not for the location I don't think I would stay there. I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian (its my FAVORITE) but its way to much money). I have the day off on Tuesday just in case I decide to register but it will likely be a last minute decision.

hah, I understand that, I'm the queen of indecision…my solution for everything is to make a pro/con list (and then just have my sister decide for me anyway…)

I guess it just comes down to whether fear of missing 2018 outweighs the need to save the money this year, and you're really the only one who can make that call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter