Is Flight of Passage really worth the wait?

Worth it is subjective. Personally, I'm not a fan, it makes me slightly sick. It is a 3D ride and the glasses don't always fit me well. I skip it if my son is not with me, it was a one and done for me. Having said that, I have waited longer than a hour for many rides, if I want to ride and there is a wait, I wait. I have done FoP at rope drop and you are going to wait to get into the park if you get there early, or wait at the entrance to Pandora if you are there early so a wait is a wait, just depends on where you are waiting and how early in the morning you are doing it. We did rope drop early when it first opened, probably got there about 1/2 before the opened the tap stiles. Then after we got in we had to wait in a very packed area outside of Pandora for about 45 min so that was over a hour. Did we get right on the ride? Yes, but we still had to wait and it was like the running of the bulls when they dropped the rope. Of course, if you are rope dropping and you do wait you will be off the ride just as the park opens so if you are ride centric and want to ride as many rides as you can, you will have the opportunity to ride more.

I wonder if the hour + wait time is worth it since there are no fastpasses right now.
Yes, if you have not ridden it you should. My experience was the same as luv2cheer92:
After having ridden it quite a few times and looking back, I would easily wait 2+ hours for that first ride again. The subsequent rides have been absolutely fantastic, but that first time was truly magical.
Laugh and cried the first time I rode it!

Thanks, everyone. I think we need to make it one of our top priority rides when we go again. I saw a video of someone riding it at night. That looks like it would be neat but I will be sure to get on it sometime during our trip!

If you’ve never been on it I’d say it’s worth up to a 90 minute wait. After the first time, about 45 minutes is my max. Either ride first thing at rope drop or jump in line a few minutes before the park closes.

I don’t think it’s worth a 90 minute wait in the midday sun, but I think it’s worth getting to the park at opening to ride or coming back in the evening and getting in line before closing.

I finally got to ride it this summer for the first time. I've heard all the hype and how great a ride it is. We never saw it dip below 90 minutes on our trip so we bit the bullet and waited. Actual wait time was about 100 minutes instead of the posted 90. Truthfully for me it was underwhelming after all the talk I've heard about how great it is. It is not worth a long wait in line. To me it is a beefed up version of Soarin', but Soarin' is so much better.

Was it fun? Yes. Will I ride it again? Yes (if the line isn't too long). Are there better rides? Definitely.

It is better than Navi River though.

I finally got to ride it this summer for the first time. I've heard all the hype and how great a ride it is. We never saw it dip below 90 minutes on our trip so we bit the bullet and waited. Actual wait time was about 100 minutes instead of the posted 90. Truthfully for me it was underwhelming after all the talk I've heard about how great it is. It is not worth a long wait in line. To me it is a beefed up version of Soarin', but Soarin' is so much better.

Was it fun? Yes. Will I ride it again? Yes (if the line isn't too long). Are there better rides? Definitely.

It is better than Navi River though.
I agree with this. We rode it with a Fastpass a few years back. We enjoyed it, but weren't overwhelmed. It is a lot like Soarin and I also prefer Soarin. We chose not to wait for it this trip. However, if we had never ridden it before, we probably would have waited around an hour for it. Since I have ridden it, I'd say 30 minutes is probably my max.

With some planning most people can avoid the 2-5 hour waits this ride has frequently seen the past few years. Either rope drop it or hit it at park closing. It is totally worth going out of your way to try!

When I look at the YouTube videos of it, it seems kinda neat. I think it is in 3D right? Or some kind of VR? Is it one of your must-do's? I wonder if the hour + wait time is worth it since there are no fastpasses right now. Do you always go there first thing in the morning?
Yes, it's worth a one hour wait. It's the best ride at Animal Kingdom by far, and one of the best rides at Disney World.

We have rode it back to back with 60+ minute wait time. Def worth the wait.

When I look at the YouTube videos of it, it seems kinda neat. I think it is in 3D right? Or some kind of VR? Is it one of your must-do's? I wonder if the hour + wait time is worth it since there are no fastpasses right now. Do you always go there first thing in the morning?
It’s the best ride I’ve ever ridden in my opinion. I even liked it better than ROTR …don’t hurt me 😉

We love it! We were there opening weekend when waits were 4-5 hours at some points. We had FP so didn't wait in those lines. However, one night, we had already got back to the hotel - part of our group were already in showers and in bed. My sister called and said the wait for FOP is only 1 hour and the park was open til 1! We got OUT OF BED and went back to the park to ride with "only an hour" wait! That's what makes a great vacation!!! You have to ride at least once then decide if you think it's worth it to wait. For us, yes.

Yes, I think so. The queue is very interesting and the ride itself is amazing and still pretty innovative.

If you will only be there once, yes it is. Its an amazing ride, great queue and just fun.
If we don't do it rope drop, we will get in line about 5 minutes before close and generally have a shorter wait . And we get to enjoy walking out of Pandora with no crowd and see it all lit up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter