I'm expecting MBs, why did I get the hard tickets?

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
Hi, we're staying on site the middle of November and today I received hard tickets in the mail :rolleyes: I was kind of surprised and now feeling concerned. Am I supposed to get the hard tickets even though we're staying on site? I'm definitely expecting the MBs and have personalized them also. Now I'm worrying that maybe my hotel ressie is lost or something.
Anyway, if you're staying on site do they send hard tickets before sending out your MBs?

TIA

No, they do not usually send hard tickets.
Did you order ticket separately?
Did you order hard tickets? If yes, there is your answer
When do you check in? Magic Bands are not sent until 30 days prior to arrival
Do you see your Resort Reservation in MDE?

No, they do not usually send hard tickets.
Did you order ticket separately?November 22.
Did you order hard tickets? If yes, there is your answer
When do you check in? Magic Bands are not sent until 30 days prior to arrival
Do you see your Resort Reservation in MDE?

Yes, I can see the resort ressie and the confirmation number in MDE.
I don't believe I ordered hard tickets and MDE showed the prompt to "personalize your Magic Bands" which I did about 2 weeks ago.
We check in on Nov 22.
I'm currently on hold, 30 minutes now, to see what the problem is.......GRRRRRRR

We're arriving weeks before you, early Nov, and our MBs (which were personalized months ago) don't ship until today. We haven't received anything yet.

Yes, I can see the resort ressie and the confirmation number in MDE.
I don't believe I ordered hard tickets and MDE showed the prompt to "personalize your Magic Bands" which I did about 2 weeks ago.
We check in on Nov 22.
I'm currently on hold, 30 minutes now, to see what the problem is.......GRRRRRRR
If you ordered the tickets from Disney and selected one of the standard delivery options, hard cards would be mailed.
Go to "My Reservations & Tickets" page in MDE and you should see the tickets (if you purchased from Disney and were logged on the MDE when you ordered).
Otherwise, you can link them manually.

Your MagicBands for the resort stay won't be mailed out until you are 30 days from check-in.

If you are going to MVMCP, those hard tickets may be your passes to the event.
Nope, not this year.
Also, just remembering that I was able to do my FPs at the 60 day mark, so they must have me as staying on site.
Hopefully a CM will pick up my call soon, now on hold for 37 minutes! At least I'm enjoying the Disney music :rolleyes1

Also, just remembering that I was able to do my FPs at the 60 day mark, so they must have me as staying on site.
That indicates that yes you are staying on-site and you have park admission linked to MDE. Your MagicBands will not ship out until after 10/23 (30 days from check-in).

I have always gotten hard copies for my park tickets and the magic bands as well. I bring the hard copies with me, just in case...but since they are linked to the MBs, I've never needed to produce them. You should be getting a notification of when your MBs ship out. I think it's too soon if you personalized them 2 weeks ago.

Hopefully a CM will pick up my call soon, now on hold for 37 minutes! At least I'm enjoying the Disney music :rolleyes1

Small favor (if you see this in time), if they say what the music is (album) and where available, can you post that? I forgot to write it down last time. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about it. Magicbands are connected to the resort stay and not to tickets. Admission on your tickets can be accessed via magicbands by virtue of being connected to your MDE account but they aren't actual tickets.

When you ordered tickets, for some reason, the delivery method must have been for actual paper tickets. Link the tickets in MDE account and it will be good to go.

OK, just got off the phone with a CM. He said because I did a room only ressie and then ordered the tickets separately, although from Disney, that would be why I received hard tickets.
He assured me that I would be receiving MBs, although he said I should expect them about 10 days prior to our trip :rolleyes2...thinking that's not accurate. But he didn't seem to view this as a big deal and gave me an answer immediately so I'm thinking this is not uncommon. :confused:

Small favor (if you see this in time), if they say what the music is (album) and where available, can you post that? I forgot to write it down last time. Thanks!
Oh, so very sorry, I just saw this.
I wish I could have helped you, everyone on the Dis has been so helpful.

OK, just got off the phone with a CM. He said because I did a room only ressie and then ordered the tickets separately, although from Disney, that would be why I received hard tickets.
He assured me that I would be receiving MBs, although he said I should expect them about 10 days prior to our trip :rolleyes2...thinking that's not accurate. But he didn't seem to view this as a big deal and gave me an answer immediately so I'm thinking this is not uncommon. :confused:
I'd say everything he said was correct.
Aside from when you'll get the MB
They process the order starting at 30 days. It takes a few days to make them and a few days to ship them. Most get them at about 20 days (so 10 days to make and ship, usually less)
But the rest he said is right I'm sure. If you don't check otherwise, I bet it does ship hard tickets out.
But they mean nothing, it's not anything to worry or concern yourself with.

he didn't seem to view this as a big deal and gave me an answer immediately so I'm thinking this is not uncommon. :confused:

He is right. It is not a big deal. You receive magicbands because they are part of the resort reservation. They have nothing to do with tickets other than being a portal to access information on your MDE account which tickets are a part of.

Nope, not this year.

I wouldn't worry about it. Magicbands are connected to the resort stay and not to tickets. Admission on your tickets can be accessed via magicbands by virtue of being connected to your MDE account but they aren't actual tickets.

When you ordered tickets, for some reason, the delivery method must have been for actual paper tickets. Link the tickets in MDE account and it will be good to go.
If she was able to book FP at 60 days the tickets are already linked to MDE. No need to do so again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter